PDA

View Full Version : Well that was stupid!

Michelle James
09-21-2011, 05:26 PM
As many of you know I am now 24/7. Not bragging just laying groundwork. I am also in stealth mode.

I have U-Verse internet and TV. Mostly it has been a good product. For the last 3 weeks I have had intermittent outages to the tune of about 7-12 per day. Since I work from home and it's 100% internet based I needed it fixed pronto. Three weeks of working through all kinds of tech support protocols finally today I had an appointment for a tech to come out. The appointment was for sometime between 12-4pm.

I have my vanity/wig table set up in my work room and since I am always en femme and today would be no exception, I didn't want to "out" myself by having the tech see everything it takes to make Michelle presentable. I know GG's have all that stuff too and maybe I was just being paranoid, but I put some away and covered the rest with a big sheet.

So I waited and waited and.............4 PM came and went. Finally I got a call at 4:30 saying he would be here before 6PM, but he would call first. So to pass the time I logged on to this site. I had just begun to read some new posts when the doorbell rang. Thinking it couldn't possibly be the cable guy, must be a neighbor or something I went to the door and opened it. Yea it was the cable guy and my dogs were barking their collective asses off. I told him to hold on while I put them away, did so and opened the door and let him in. He asked where the gateway was located and I said right this way and lead him to my office where right there on my computer screen for all to see was CROSSDRESSERS.COM.

Yea it was like that!! Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. So much for stealth mode. I'm sure he saw it, I mean how could he not.

Outing myself to the cable guy was not on my bucket list, I can assure you. Yet it happened and there I was feeling like an ass, but nothing happened. No reaction whatsoever. We carried on a conversation about my cable and what was wrong and what he had to do as if the aforementioned faux pas had not taken place. I don't think I even blushed, I just owned it.

Kathi Lake
09-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Oops! :)

Good for you for owning it!

Kathi

Niya W
09-21-2011, 05:33 PM
I've been caught looking at this site at work. It's your house dont feel bad.

Gaby2
09-21-2011, 05:43 PM
It's a nice example of someone simply being discreet, Michelle.
Potentially, that could have been much more embarrassing for you (and for him) than it turned out.
Sounds like just one more (accidental) step in the right direction!
:hugs:Gaby

Cynthia Anne
09-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Hey that's cool! Anyone useing my computer will see crossdressrs.com at the top of any page they open! My motto is ''Proud to be an american crossdresser''! Hugs!

BLUE ORCHID
09-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Hi Michelle, The cable guy is like the UPS guy they have seen it all.

Orchid

JenniferR771
09-21-2011, 09:45 PM
We have Uverse, too, and at times they have been very late...6 pm. Eventually we elected for all new cable inside our house, at optional cost. Better now.

Marissa333
09-21-2011, 10:46 PM
I think you are thinking too much about it. He prolly didn't even notice, and if he did, I am sure he didn't care.