PDA

View Full Version : Called Ma'am in drab again!

NatalieGirl
09-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Was at Panera. As I went up to the counter to pick up my order, the woman behind the counter called me Ma'am. (Actually I had on leggings and women's sandals, but she could not have seen them from where she was).

I wasn't wearing any makeup nor earrings. But I did have my hair in a girly do like this.

I love it when this happens!

kimdl93
09-23-2011, 11:08 AM
lots of women go out with their hair up and no make up, so I guess she made an assumption - and from the look of it, a reasonable one.

I have to put a lot more effort into my apperance to eleicit a ma'am.

Miss Maxine
09-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Isn't it awesome, when that happens? People call me ma'am all the time over the phone and in the drive thru. Apparently, I sound convincingly female. Once, my girlfriend had lost her voice, so she had me call a few companies for her and masquerade as her. ^_^

Natasha's Gal
09-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Yay! Congratulations! How fun was that?!

Cynthia Anne
09-23-2011, 01:49 PM
It's always nice to be called ma-am! But I don't think it will ever happen to me in male mode! Hugs!

Sherry Lynn
09-23-2011, 02:00 PM
I've had it happen but it's been a while. I wear my hair long and I used to fool a lot of people but it doesn't happen much anymore.

BLUE ORCHID
09-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi Natalie, So tell me what's your problem ma'am??

Orchid

NatalieGirl
09-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi Natalie, So tell me what's your problem ma'am??

Orchid

LOL. Not a problem, Sis. I'm in CD heaven!

Acastina
09-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Something similar happened on the golf course, of all places. My wife and I were playing a round using a cart, and I was wearing this really pretty polo shirt that's a pale orange with a big floral motif down one side (thank you, Greg Norman, for blurring some lines). I like to play in a big, broad-brimmed hat, and my hair was below collar-length. We drove up to the next tee, and one of the older gentlemen waiting there asked how "you ladies" were doing today. Now, your ordinary, self-consciously macho male golfer would freak out, right? Not me. I said "fine" in my everyday male voice, they laughed, we laughed, no problem. It did make me ponder the possibilities of wearing a sleeveless polo, skort, makeup, jewelry, and girly golf cap and going to a course out of town as two golfing girlfriends, though. I guess I'd have to pull in the driver a bit, but then, Michelle Wie stands six feet tall and hits it a ton, so maybe...

Sheila11
09-23-2011, 06:50 PM
I guess I'd have to pull in the driver a bit, ...

Is this a code phrase for tucking? :)

BLUE ORCHID
09-23-2011, 07:27 PM
LOL. Not a problem, Sis. I'm in CD heaven!

That's what I thought Natalie.

Orchid

SarahLynn
09-23-2011, 11:22 PM
.... It did make me ponder the possibilities of wearing a sleeveless polo, skort, makeup, jewelry, and girly golf cap and going to a course out of town as two golfing girlfriends, though. ...

This will only be acceptable if you are using the red tees.:heehee::heehee:
Don't forget the pantyhose to make the guys take a second look.

SarahLynn

Diane Elizabeth
09-24-2011, 12:30 PM
When that happens to me I am beaming and try to use my best female voice in hopes that they don't realize they made a mistake

Inna
09-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Isn't it just heavenly Natalie!!!!

It feels so right and so wholesome, when in fact I get called the Proper Miss or Honey I gleam with that "In Heaven" Glow. I think that when they call me Sir is when the mistake is made!!!! :)