PDA

View Full Version : Why Choose a Female Name if you only dress in Woman's Clothes

Kittyagain
09-23-2011, 03:32 PM
I can not help but wonder, if one only wants to wear women's clothes, why would that person choose a female name? I have noticed there are a few user names that are not clearly female.

It seems to me that once you have chosen a female identity, you have taken the next step beyond cross dressing in its purest sense. I was wondering how others see this since in truth, this line is probably, too fine to draw.

The "Hell no" posters is what brought this to mind. Of course I am not against the Hell no'ers at all. I can see their point and respect that as we all should.

Kitty

Karren H
09-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Seriously. I don't know. It was the other name in the back of my head since I was real young. And the last name is my grandmothers. Just sounded better than Billy Bob Hutton! Lol. And everyone else was doing it! And you know me... I'm a lemming. Following the pack over the cliff! :)

bridgetta
09-23-2011, 03:40 PM
The only law is the law of life. God run no wire fence

Debb
09-23-2011, 03:41 PM
I've jumped between a few femme names, the current one chosen because it fits a woman of my age group better than "Bethany", my previous one.

I chose to have a female name because it helped "put me in the mood" ... but I do think I'm a bit "more" than a cross-dresser.

sterling12
09-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Your making a very good point! And so far your responders haven't come up with anything like a convincing justification. They may proclaim; "Hell,NO," but their actual behaviors imply something quite different from their proclamations.

Me? Well, I've thought for a long time I was probably transgendered; so I don't "have a dog in the hunt." I understand that in our world, proclamations made today can get turned around one-hundred and eighty degrees by tomorrow. I don't like to be called a hypocrit, so you will never read of me making an absolute declaration about my "status."

Peace and Love, Joanie

*Vanessa*
09-23-2011, 03:49 PM
hum - good questions Kitty, I await their response. Probably the same-'ole-same-old just wanting to fit in.

sissystephanie
09-23-2011, 03:56 PM
I did not have a female name until I got married. My late wife gave me that name, and I use it often!! I have no desire to be a woman, but I do love to wear their clothes. So Stephanie fits me very well!

Sherry Lynn
09-23-2011, 03:58 PM
When dressed fully, the female name is just as much a part of the package as makeup.

Elizabeth Ann
09-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Why not?

Seriously.

I am wearing panties at this very moment. Why wear panties when you are just siting at a computer? Why not?

Does everything have to fit into rigidly constructed categories of human nature? I would have thought this group would be tolerant of endless variations in human behavior. Why does a seriously nonviolent person watch football? They get some internal emotional reward for doing so.

Elizabeth Ann doesn't exist, and never will. But like all human beings, I am a social creature. It is pleasant to interact with those with whom I feel an affinity. Calling myself Liz makes that interaction seem more natural and more pleasurable.

Why choose a female name? I wanted to. The same answer as to why I dress in women's clothes.

Liz

ClaudiaDawn
09-23-2011, 04:44 PM
I always had issues accepting my cross dressing, having a female name has helped me to cope with some of those issues. I am not on a point where I could dress 24/7 (nor I want to) so it is easier for me to think about "Claudia" when thinking about dressing. "Claudia" gives me an ideal, a mental image of how I want to look, and also an anchor point to develop a female persona."Claudia"also provides a dosage of pink fog: when dressed and I see the mirror, I see Claudia; when in drab I see the pictures of that day I can only think that my pink fog is more like cotton candy than fog.
Anyway, in conclusion, having a name has helped me overcome some of the guilt, and has giving me the opportunity to explore this side of me a lot deeper than I could before.

Hugs,

Claudia Dawn

kimdl93
09-23-2011, 04:53 PM
I was given this name s birth. I guess mom knew something.

Alice B
09-23-2011, 04:56 PM
I guess it is just because something like "George" dosen't sound very female.

VanessaJCD
09-23-2011, 04:58 PM
I agree with Liz. It's because I want to in order to complete the overall transformation. And when I'm on the forum I am a girl and to me, so are others who are here.

Nesreen
09-23-2011, 05:01 PM
I think I'm a little more than a Crossdresser. I embody my feminine self a lot and I am really attached with her and I become here. I enjoy both personas my male self and my female self. Both are so real that I am not sure which one is the make-believe and which one is the true me. I love being in such state, who would give away enjoying both worlds? Only a crazy person would.

So, when I am en-femme I do NOT want to be referred to as a He or a guy's name because I am completely a Lady in that state 100%. I would feel insulted if someone refers to me as a guy....! I would also feel insulted if someone refers to me as a girl when I am not en-femme! Confusing? I know... but is it good? HELL YES!!

LeaP
09-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Mine is ambiguous by choice, precisely because the gender reality isn't binary. That I use a pseudonym at all is out of concern for privacy.

Lea

susan54
09-23-2011, 05:24 PM
When I go out I might just be a guy in a skirt, or I might do the whole thing with boobs, wig and make-up, with body language to match. If it is the first, I would not use any name at all (I am not going to volunteer my own name!) and if the second, it is a name attached to a part I am playing. I am acting. I don't actually imagine I am a woman when I put on a bra - I am acting. If you are acting as a pirate, even at Halloween, you don't call your character Clive or Alan. You call yourself something like Black Jake. It is part of the fun. It does not mean you really think of yourself as a pirate or want to be a pirate in real life. It is all just FUN.

Susan (whenever I feel like using that name)

AllieSF
09-23-2011, 05:45 PM
I am in the "Why not" camp. We can do what we want, as we say here so many times. I want a female name when out and about. I too am not a Billy Bob Hutton. What is the big deal about choosing a name to fit the costume theme? You definitely do not have to be anything to pick an alter ego name. Scarlet Rose has two femme names and they are great. I don't know too many Kitty's either except for maybe the one from Gunsmoke. I do have a kitty though and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express. I really love these fun and silly questions. Next??

Beth Wilde
09-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Because I hate being called "bob*" in the pubs and clubs when I'm out dressed.....

*Names changed to protect the guilty!

Jorja
09-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Most crossdressers chose a female name because it completes the illusion. In our minds we name the things closest to us. A dog, cat,or a car. That is how our file system works.

sarah kay
09-23-2011, 06:12 PM
My feeling exactly, name changed to protect my identity. As I had to register as someone, and not wanting to use something really identifying, I chose Sarah Kay after a number of attempts at a different name.

Cynthia Anne
09-23-2011, 07:13 PM
I use a female name so my dog doesn't call me Be$T@h!:eek::D

Debra Russell
09-23-2011, 07:15 PM
My female name is Debra -- when you are dressed and at a fast food counter they ask for a name to call when it's ready -- you don't want to respond to Tom or George or whatever !!.........................Debra

Eryn
09-23-2011, 07:40 PM
I chose it because it seemed the thing to do at the time. Before that, my female side didn't have (or need) a name because she was hiding in the back of my brain. Now that she has come out to play it is just more convenient for others to have a way to refer to her, as opposed to my drab side.

Adrienne Heels
09-23-2011, 07:50 PM
My femme name is the female version of my guy name......my mother always wanted a daughter, not a son.

BLUE ORCHID
09-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi Kitty, The thought never came to mind till I joined this wonderful fourm.

Orchid

mercterr
09-23-2011, 07:59 PM
I am in the "Hell No" camp and don't have a female name because I don't feel right calling myself by one. I also don't refer to myself as "she" or "a girl" in my posts because I am not either and I relate very strongly to my male self. I guess that places me squarely on the JV squad around here but I'm fine with that. We in this forum have a broad spectrum of desires and interests as it pertains to expressing our femininity. That's a good thing.

Laurie A
09-23-2011, 08:17 PM
The only law is the law of life. God run no wire fence

umm, i'm not sure?!?

What's wrong with choosing to use a pseudonym on a board? I sure wouldn't post on here under a masculine name, even though i was born that way... It's part of the fun of participating on boards, using an alter ego.

<3

Lucy_Bella
09-23-2011, 08:22 PM
To answer the OPs question about having a female name on here it wasn't by choice .. I came back to this site and for reasons I choose to not share I had to create another name. Others ( few ) know me by my original name .. This name I have now came from combining my dogs names ..

darla_g
09-23-2011, 08:25 PM
i'm going with Scarlet Rose's answer

drushin703
09-23-2011, 08:47 PM
to scarlet rose:

I personally have never thought of crossdressing as pretending. No more than humming an aria from La boheme would make me an opera star.
Now if I thought myself Rodolfo....now that would be pretending.lol.

dana is my real name...

sometimes_miss
09-23-2011, 08:55 PM
I picked a female name because that's what people do here. Like most of my life, I'm just trying to fit in, to be accepted. Sure, it's all based on insecurity; but that's not going to change any time soon. So, when in Rome........

Intertwined
09-24-2011, 01:49 AM
1st, this whole question teeders on the Deffinition of " Crossdress "

Is it:
a) to dress in clothing typically worn by members of the opposite sex.

or is it;
b) To wear clothes normally associated with the opposite gender

Now, I tend to lean towards "B", and because of that, I really don't consider myself a crossdresser, I wear a mix of masculine and femminine clothing at the same time, and, I have always said, my Gender Identity is not Male, neither is it Female, I am equally both, and that is how I dress.

Now to your question of the name, my Feminine name " Marsha " is just a shortened version of my Masculine name " Marshall "

Now here is where it REALY gets interesting, I am called " Marsha " more in my ALL male mode than I do when I am wearing my 50/50...

Dami
09-24-2011, 02:24 AM
When dressed fully, the female name is just as much a part of the package as makeup.

Thats exactly how I feel.
Plus when dressed and out with my wife it would be really weird to be called by my male name.

Lunchbox
09-24-2011, 02:42 AM
I used to feel the same, until I told my best friend, and showed him me. The first thing he said to me was Violet. I was confused, and he said you look like a violet. Its part of me now, because my best friend has been my friend for the past 14 years. (out of my available 19) lol

Angela2me
09-24-2011, 03:09 AM
To fit in.
I would prefer to be myself and wear the clothes I find comfortable and appropriate for the situation, but in my real world, that does not work. I can not have a short hair cut, a moustache, wear a dress and use my male name. I can either, not wear some of the clothes I like or I can shave, wear a wig, makeup, a dress and femme style shoes.
When I found this forum, read many posts and got an idea of what this world was all about and wanted to register and add my 5 cents worth, I decided to follow the trend and choose a femme name.
I may get boo hoo'd down, but in my real world, you can not be a man wearing a dress, but you can be a man trying to pass as a woman....
Each to their own I guess.

linda allen
09-24-2011, 07:13 AM

Or half naked with boobs and panties. :heehee:

We should know by now that crossdressers cannot be stereotyped any more than any other segment of the population. Some of us want to be females, some just want to wear a dress. Most are somewhere in the middle.

Me. I don't want to be a female, I just like to pretend that I am one from time to time. If I'm pretending to be a female, why not have a female name? I mean, have you ever known a female named Bartholomew?

Obviously, I chose my female name myself. Without much thought, I chose the first name my mother would have given me if I had been born female (in those days, it wasn't known until you exited the womb) and a family last name. I actually started using this name long before I joined here.

I was given this name s birth. I guess mom knew something.

Some people are lucky that way. A gender "non-specific" name would make it so much easier if you're in public doing things, using credit cards, etc. And it seems much better ordering a bra as "Dana" than as "Bruce". :heehee:

Funny thing - My wife asked me to order her some "ahh bras" from ebay. When they arrived, there was a personal note from the seller stating that she hoped I enjoyed wearing them as much as she did. If she only knew. :eek:

Actually, I'm wearing one right now.

Natalie D
09-24-2011, 07:39 AM
I had my female name years before joining this site.

I guess I have a split personalty. I have email, ebay, social network, etc all in my female name. Of course to do this I needed a name.

I also think it sort of goes together with the CDing as others have said just like makeup. And why not? :)

MJ
09-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Most crossdressers chose a female name because it completes the illusion. In our minds we name the things closest to us. A dog, cat,or a car. That is how our file system works.

this makes sence, anyway do i look like a paul to you ?

Kittyagain
09-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Lots of good answers. Thanks everyone.

Kitty

carhill2mn
09-24-2011, 04:29 PM
I am not sure that I understand your question. For many, I think, it is a way of identifying their "fem" persona. If one goes out in public it is better to have a female name.

sandra-leigh
09-24-2011, 04:34 PM
My social club couldn't keep calling me "Anonymous".

Sophie86
09-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Because I hate being called "bob*" in the pubs and clubs when I'm out dressed.....

Exactly. The OP might as well ask "Why shave your beard, if you just want to wear the clothes?" I'm trying to present as a female, so shaving the beard and using a femme name is part of the experience.

Deborah
09-25-2011, 07:22 AM
They may proclaim; "Hell,NO," but their actual behaviors imply something quite different from their proclamations.

Someone's catching on
;)

linda allen
09-25-2011, 07:41 AM
this makes sence, anyway do i look like a paul to you ?

"Paula", perhaps. :battingeyelashes:

Actually, I suppose I could have used a takeoff on my male name. I guess if I ever tell my wife I'll let her name me. She doesn't like the name "Linda". Something about a "Linda" in her past.

Gretchen K
09-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Like many of us here, I have a strong femine desire and identification. When I'm Gretchen I'm happy.

Gillian Gigs
09-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Did anyone have a "nick" name growing up. I mean this in the good sense. The other name reflected a part of who you were, but not all of what you were at that time. I have a "nick" name and I use it on this site, and it does the same thing that the old "nick" names did when I was a kid.

Sophie86
09-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Someone's catching on
;)

Is it really that hard to understand the difference between play acting a fantasy, and wanting to have your bits cut off? It's all fun and games until they pull out the scalpel, and then it's "Hell NO!" Okay?

Wendy_Marie
09-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Kitty,
I think you hit on the fantasy aspect that some have as their primary reason to dress...even to those who don't identify as a Female the name completes the fantasy they have in their heads and gives them satisfaction.

For me, it wasn't a matter of do I or don't I take on a female name? It was a matter of as you say...Progression on to the next step, but then I have known I was female since childhood.

Cornelia
09-25-2011, 09:18 AM
To fit in.
I would prefer to be myself and wear the clothes I find comfortable and appropriate for the situation, but in my real world, that does not work. I can not have a short hair cut, a moustache, wear a dress and use my male name. I can either, not wear some of the clothes I like or I can shave, wear a wig, makeup, a dress and femme style shoes.That's exactly my feeling. Also, when I use my female name, it's easier to "get in the mood". It helps a lot to think of myself as a "she", not a "he".

nikkijo
09-25-2011, 09:30 AM
i didnt change my name at all... just its spelling... s a young kid i went by nicky. and now i go by nikki..... :)

herwannabe
09-25-2011, 09:40 AM
My name is Michael. When I was around 21 my younger brother started calling me Michelle, so much that I would answer by it. My login name is Herwannabe which fits, her want to be :daydreaming:

Sometimes Steffi
09-25-2011, 09:46 AM
It's pretty simple for me.

I chose a female name when I wanted to become member of this forum. It just felt better to me chosing a female name, than something more generic than "Love Wearing Panties", not that I don't love wearing panties.

Since joining this forum, I've PM'd a number of girls here, met many of them FtF, and gone out with a group of local girls. When out, it is essential to have a femme name to great outhers and to protect anonymity

Part I still consider myself a part time hetero CD

suchacutie
09-25-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm not sure what the question is, really. At least for me, my feminine self is a very different manifestation of my combined being. We recognized this almost immediately and my wife was gracious enough to name her! After all, don't you all think of your femme self by her name? Doesn't your SO?

It certainly beats, "Hey You!"

:)

tina

Stephanie47
09-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Since I was the second born child of my parents, I was suppose to be a girl. They had my name picked out, which is the Americanization of my grandmother's name. Since my father's sperm thought otherwise, I turned out to be a girl. So, it seemed natural to assume that identity.

Cari
09-25-2011, 01:02 PM
I like this question allot as it makes me think. For me in many ways the name Cari is another label ; its personal and I control it. In that sense its the only one that fits and it has grown with me. A fem name can be a fem,CD,TG or TS identity depends how its used.

Cari is registered as a CD/TG and genetic male on most sites; the name is rarely registered as a female. Initially I checked the "F" block a few times but was really uncomfortable with it. Overtime I have realized that for me its more than just clothes. In that sense I identify more as TG than CD; I guess choosing a name was a small part of reaching that point, it didn't feel like I crossed a line :-)

At first I picked a name for security as I was nervous about being online.
So I created a profile that I could dump completely if I ran into anything I wasn't comfortable with yet. I wanted to socialize and needed to learn but wasn't brave enough to use my name I was scared that CDXXX would draw allot of spam and attention I didn't want. Nothing bad took place so I kept it.

I used the name when I first went out and then in a support group. When people started addressing me by Cari and I answered I started identifying more with it.

Having a fem name is a security blanket; its like a firewall some folks have permission to cross others stay on the other side. Over time both personally and socially it has grown into an identity. However I feel it identifies me; or a part of me. It has never been a complete "feminine" identity.

Today if something happened I don't know if I could just dump it and start over.

LilSissyStevie
09-25-2011, 01:10 PM
My mother calls me Stevie to this day and I'm not going to argue with her about it since I'm such a little sissy.

Sarasometimes
09-25-2011, 01:23 PM
I found that if I was dressed and say getting a pedicure it would be odd for the tech to say "Brock, do have you selected a color?" I can't follow your jump from having an pseudonym means i want to transition, Wow!!

Kittyagain
09-25-2011, 02:57 PM
The common thread seems to be the female name is part of us just like our clothes. We are truly an interesting and wonderful group of people.

Kitty

kristinacd55
09-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Well, who knows where this will be leading to? Maybe you'll be a sometime girl, maybe a fulltime girl, or maybe you'll do srs. I think that identity helps you to move into your female self. In my case, I have Kristina a weather girl on the weather channel to thank for my name lol. :)

Kelly Greene
09-25-2011, 03:26 PM
I chose a female name for my on line activities because I don't want people finding me out by running across one of my posts and "Hay I know that guy". I know that I could have chosen any name under the sun but Kelly seams to fit for some reason so I decided to go with it.

NicoleScott
09-25-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't have much of an internal feminine identity as my drive to crossdress - I do it for pleasure. But I have a female name because:

1) it just makes more sense when communicating online - a female name to go with what I hope others see, a female-looking pic.
2) and I'm glad I did choose one for online use, when I went into a club for the first time. First thing said to me was "Hi. What's your name?"
3) I don't want to use my real name -so if I use an alternate name for crossdressing purposes, why woulnd't I choose a female name?
4) when shopping with my wife (rarely), I would prefer her to say "Nicole would like to wear this miniskirt", rather than "you would like to wear this miniskirt"

sterling12
09-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Yes, but I think a lot of people either misunderstood, or missed The original Question. We had another Thread posted where an awful lot of people signified that they WERE NOT Transgendered, and "Hell, NO" they would never be anything but heterosexual males who occasionally dressed. Our O.P. declared that she found it odd that so many who declared themselves totally Non-Feminine, having never even fantasized about "going further," should choose to take A Femme Name. To our O.P., The Femme Name would imply a lot more than "Hell,No."

So far I think we have had ONE of those "Hell, No" People reply, and that particular person does NOT have A Femme Name on This Forum. She wasn't asking why all of you choose to have a femme name. She wanted to know how The "Hell,No" People could have a femme name and be so much "agin' it?"

Peace and Love, Joanie

PS Whoops! While I was composing this message, Nicole responded. I "think" she was in that "Hell, No" Group. So, we have had two responses.

Ressie
09-25-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm a part time closeted dresser at this point and the female name is mostly for this forum. My male name doesn't sound right with my avatar and I'm trying to somewhat fit in with the rest of the members here. Funny, I remember using the name Kitty on a chat site over 10 years ago.

But as I sit in male clothing a very feminine name doesn't ring with me well either. I should have made my screen name Pat, Chris or Dale. :)

Dawn cd
09-25-2011, 08:00 PM
I know a girl named Charlie and a boy named Shirley. And a name like Chris can go with either gender. So who is to say what is a male name and what is a female name?

Sophie86
09-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Our O.P. declared that she found it odd that so many who declared themselves totally Non-Feminine, having never even fantasized about "going further," should choose to take A Femme Name.

I think there's a confusion here between non-female and non-feminine. I don't recall any of the "Hell Nos" saying that they were non-feminine when they dressed. Their position is that they do not wish to become women; they are non-female.

frax24
09-25-2011, 11:44 PM
guess they are not coming to terms fully on what identity to take... it varies from person to person but idk good question though

NicoleScott
09-26-2011, 10:55 AM
What's with the sudden labeling of crossdressers without a feminine identity as "Hell No" posters? I never responded as such, but rather simply identify myself as a pleasure dresser, not a feminine identity dresser. "Hell No" seems to indicate some sort of defensive response to a false assumption or accusation, like "Hell No, I'm not gay", or "Hell No, I'm not a Republican". For me, it's just "as a matter of fact, I dress for pleasure, and not driven by an internal feminine identity".
I'm not sure what the OP had in mind. I could be wrong, but I sense the OP's presumtion that the highest calling of crossdressing is having a feminine identity which justifies a female name, and that those with a lesser calling, like dressing for pleasure, ought to stay private and need no female name. Sorry to disappoint you. Many have given good reasons.

Staci G
09-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Like Karren said, Bill just don't sound right with makeup on. Staci I took in memory of a stripper I used to live with, it was her stage name. She was killed a while back and I just took it. Other wise I would stick with a variation of my name like Billie or something.

docrobbysherry
09-26-2011, 11:09 AM
I tried to cover ALL the bases, Kitty!
Most call me, "Sherry". Some call me, "Doc". One time I was called, "Robert". I don't really care which, just DON'T call me, "Bob"! Because I prefer LONG wigs!

NicoleScott
09-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Uh-oh, Doc. Should I change my name?

Nia Hush
09-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Well, I guess i'm an exception here, but since I've gone missing since my introduction these last few months I should say it was because I was looking into the possibility I was transgendered.

And now I'm fairly certain that this is the case with me. I never had a word for what I felt around women and in relationships before considering I was transgendered (and I had had thoughts since I was 12, which I made myself bury and forget by focusing on my passions). I didn't experience gender dysphoria by the strict textbook definition, but I do feel very out of place in my body. It was a feeling that lied beyond love, infaturation or even lust, it was sort of an oppressive wanting to have what I didn't, I guess you could say.

And since accepting it, I've been fairly happy and motivated to change. Some find it an affront on their masculinity that I seek to completely reject my own, but that's not really my problem. I honestly feel like masculinity was forced on me socially and never really suited me at all.

The name I chose was based on some favorite female characters, but also an anagram of my own name. I think its a good one and one I could live with hearing.

Sophie86
09-26-2011, 12:01 PM
What's with the sudden labeling of crossdressers without a feminine identity as "Hell No" posters?

It seems to have started here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?160458-Imho) with this post:

It comes up occasionally, but when someone assumes that most of you secretly want to be a female I have to agree. However, there are a couple of die hard oh hell no members.

Some of the girls who responded said things like "put me in the 'hell no' category." Apparently it has snowballed from there so that any of us who say we don't want to transition are now 'hell no' posters. :/

You would think that folks on a crossdressing forum would understand the idea of wanting to cross freely back and forth across the gender divide.

sterling12
09-26-2011, 01:09 PM
No!!!! That is not what I said, nor the Originator. I will repeat, there were beucoup people on the previous post who used the term to describe themselves as "Hell, No," when asked if they ever had any thoughts about going further with their Crossdressing. They described themselves as STRICTLY, heterosexual crossdressers who had NEVER considered any Fantasy's, nor felt any desire to actually move further toward The TS end of the spectrum.

Our Originator of This Post saw the same thing I did. "Isn't it kind of odd, that people who have no desire (claimed,) to move toward The Transgendered End of The Spectrum should also choose to give themselves a Feminine Name. We had just numerous people claim that their persuasion was "Hell,No!" No ambivalent feelings, no Nothin' to mitigate their declaration! Since there seems to be some "disconnect" between claiming "Hell, NO" and calling yourself Priscilla, or Whatever....she simply asked All THOSE People "Why?" It's a fair question to ask I think. Nobody puts a Gun to their heads. If you have no "Feelings" about being anything but "Hell, No", why not just call yourself Tyrone, or whatever? There isn't any rule around here that says you have to use a Femme Name, that's why at least half The People who acknowledge me, call me Sterling.

Apologies to Nicole, thought you were one of The People who were so adamant with your declaration. But, I think we still haven't heard from hardly any of THOSE People. Come on, Ladies! Share with us.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Kittyagain
09-26-2011, 01:11 PM
I mean no disrespect for those that are very firm about NOT going beyond dressing in female attire. The question centers around a defining line where one exceeds level of just putting on women's clothes.

Kitty

Joanna41
09-26-2011, 01:16 PM
I dress in full fem when I do...therefore needed a full fem name. Pretty simple to me.

Joanna

Miss Maxine
09-26-2011, 01:23 PM
I only dress in full enfemme about once a month, on average. I am actually working on legally changing my name to Maxine. I just really identify with the name. Sure, I'll be a bloke in a skirt with a feminine name, but I am more than okay with that. I've always felt like I was somewhere in between male and female, or perhaps an entirely different "third gender." Therefore, I feel that a feminine name would suit me, better.

Sophie86
09-26-2011, 02:59 PM
I will repeat, there were beucoup people on the previous post who used the term to describe themselves as "Hell, No," when asked if they ever had any thoughts about going further with their Crossdressing. They described themselves as STRICTLY, heterosexual crossdressers who had NEVER considered any Fantasy's, nor felt any desire to actually move further toward The TS end of the spectrum.

The suggestion in that previous thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?160458-Imho) was that they secretly want to be female, i.e., they are really TS, but are in denial. The 'hell no' phrase originated with the OP, and those who responded simply agreed to it, rather than take issue with how it was phrased, like Nicole and I have done.

Our Originator of This Post saw the same thing I did. "Isn't it kind of odd, that people who have no desire (claimed,) to move toward The Transgendered End of The Spectrum should also choose to give themselves a Feminine Name.

Now you are switching from TS to TG. In the recent thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?159362-Are-All-Crossdressers-Transgendered) on that term, plenty of girls acknowledged being TG, as the term is defined. Some of us have a problem with the term itself, because we think it conflates crossdressers and transsexuals, which is exactly what you did above when you switched from TS to TG, as if the two are the same.

We had just numerous people claim that their persuasion was "Hell,No!" No ambivalent feelings, no Nothin' to mitigate their declaration!

Exactly. No ambivalent feelings on whether they want to take hormones or have their penis cut off. We have plenty of ambivalent feelings about our gender and how we express it, but we are quite firm (haha) in wanting to remain males, sexually.

Since there seems to be some "disconnect" between claiming "Hell, NO" and calling yourself Priscilla, or Whatever...

I think that's been pretty well explained at this point. Before I started talking to people online, it never occurred to me to use a girl name for that side of myself. Since I was using a pseudonym online anyway, and presenting myself en femme, it made sense to use a femme name. Only a few people in RL know my femme name, and with them it is a convenient code to talk about my crossdressing. "Sophie would like that dress," etc...

she simply asked All THOSE People "Why?" It's a fair question to ask I think.

It's a fair question, but it's been answered now. If you have an issue with our answers, raise it, but don't keep repeating the question as if we haven't said anything.

BlondeFarrah
09-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Why choose a female name?

Why dress ?

Answer is the same..it turns me on.

Jorja
09-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Did anyone have a "nick" name growing up. I mean this in the good sense. The other name reflected a part of who you were, but not all of what you were at that time. I have a "nick" name and I use it on this site, and it does the same thing that the old "nick" names did when I was a kid.

Sorry I missed this post a couple of days ago. Yes, I had a nick name growing up. All the other kids would call me faggott.

Miss Maxine
09-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Sorry I missed this post a couple of days ago. Yes, I had a nick name growing up. All the other kids would call me faggott.
What a coincidence! That was my nickname, too!