PDA

View Full Version : dressing subtly feminine?

avery.j
09-23-2011, 06:55 PM
So, I moved to a new town somewhere in January. It is a quiet neighborhood and a good residential area, but lacks the spark of a big city and also anonymity. In a very short time it seems that everyone starts to recognize everyone else. Joggers, dog walkers, shoppers, salon owners, salespersons at the delis, all become familiar.

This makes me a little nervous about stepping out of the comfort of home. I have begun to wonder, or so as to say, consider the possibility of giving it a try. I want to keep it subtle and not outrightly noticeable. Since fall and winter already solve half of the problem I need your help with advising me on the remaining half.

I have a nice cream parka which is very gently shaped. I also have a turtleneck sweater with a delicate knit pattern but the colors and borders are not typically very feminine. I need some advise with the jeans and footwear. Do you think slightly embroidered but more of a fitted jeans with a bit of flare towards the boots would look good?

I have also got a near military hair cut recently so I would prefer some sort of reasonably priced wig and one of the thick wool knit womens hat for my morning walk all the way to a nearby park and newspaper stand.

While it is fairly easy for me to shop most things online I find it hard to get some good deals on accessories like scarves and hats and footwear and sometimes jeans because each fits so differently.

So, please be generous and come up with some suggestions for subtly femininely dressing up this new person in a new town.

Hugs

Cynthia Anne
09-23-2011, 07:45 PM
I understand your fear and desire! This mourning walk that you take makes me wonder! You've been doing so in drab and everyone knows everyone! So aren't they going to know you in fem! Just a thought! If so then I really doubt that it will change a thing on how you dress in fem! Hugs!

avery.j
09-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Actually I haven't stepped out dressed yet. I don't also regularly go for a morning walk to the park, that's something I want to do. A walk to the park and pulling out a newspaper shouldn't invite interaction.