PDA

View Full Version : Drop to your knees weakness/act of kindness

BreenaDion
09-24-2011, 01:05 AM
After being here for about 7 yrs with this and another name I don't think ive seen this one before but I could be wrong. As I have stated I cycle for exercise because of many disabled body parts and this one exercise I can do and getting well at it also. I after over exercising by way of the streets and mainly the hills choice to calm it down a little and back to my roots by way of the canal acess road. This wide open 2 lane road for service vehicles and people who exercise in many forms is a nice an peaceful erea.

No serious injuries but after my family haven bumps and bruises I got together a simple first aid kit of my own making. I literally have a feeling of drop to your knees weakness for the concern of a child's well being. Early this past summer I notice children fall off their bicycles with their parents around them. First I ask the child if they are ok and then inform the parent/parents/guardian that I have first aid. Mostly they ask for a band aid . I dismount my cycle and move off the roadway and open my bike bag for the appropriate items. Be it a clean wipe , neosporin with pain relief and a band aid. I have a good repore with children, an inner sense I been blessed with. I make small talk with the children mostly around 5 to 7 yrs old . The natal mother I can tell is most graceous over my act of kindness. It is truely my pleasure to step in an offer assistance to a child in need.

I see the parents trying to comfort the bleeding child but being miles away from services I Breena am more than happy to lend first aid. I feel as if a higher power is at work here for these accidents seam to happen a couple hundred feet in plain view for me to witness. I told my pyschotherapist about these occurrences and my willingness to aid and she replies by calling me a Florence Nightingale. I have heard the name but didn't know the lady. I googled her an read a few pages and was in awe that a professional would reguard me in such high esteem.

So I am asking , what is your weakness or strenght to humanity you like to share with us thats worth noting.
Breena.

Kaitlyn26
09-24-2011, 01:24 AM
When I see someone being taken advantage of, probably.

jennCD
09-24-2011, 02:13 AM
When I see any animal in need of help. I guess I have a soft spot for soft things.

:)
jenn

Kelsy
09-24-2011, 05:20 AM
I hate injustice Breena. I hate to see good people hurt for no reason. You have found an avenue to use your nurturing qualities
I am happy for you!!

Kelsy

BreenaDion
09-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Had another occurence today but this one was a bloody mess. I road 20 miles to my bank/walmart and did my errands. Biked across the plaza to Dick's Sporting Goods store to buy a new sack pack. As I got half way locking up my bicycle this scream about 100 feet away then continous crying and screaming like a young girl. I hurried locking the bike an focused on the injured. I took off the sack pack and got my first aid bag out. It was a 84 yr old lady who fell an hit her head on the curben. A big contusion 2/3 trd the sise of a dollar bill on her fore head just over the right eye. Blood splatter on the face, chest, stomic , arm and leg. I didn't get sick and looked beyound the blood an saw a scared lady and a paniced middle age daughter. I gave the daughter what I had for napkins and wipes.

It was appairent that my kit and knowledge is totally inadequate but not from lack of compassion. There was a nurse present after I came and gave intructions on pressure to the wound.The EMT's came in a fire truck as I exited and whent into the store an find my item. As I came out a few minutes later all was well in hand with the ambulance and proceded for transport.

I road into my street about 90 minutes later an broke down crying. What could I have done more. I feal so helpless, thinking of my pychotherapist calling me Florence, Ya nice try but the will is there and the compassion. I celebrated my birthday today after I got home, after all its my BD. No big woop but thought about her all day and wasnt untile a short time ago I realized what I was missing. As I handed the lady a wipe an napkin I looked at the wound and with my experience in field dressing I notice and told the lady " You will be ok" and a sence of calm came over her. Thats my point, render comfort, compassion if you cant phyically help. Great bedside manor works wonders.
Breena.

BreenaDion
09-28-2011, 09:58 PM
So Im asking, why all these accidents so I can witness or be in the erea when it happens. I won't except the idea that I am more focused on helping people, true but why so many this yr?
I have never encounted this many injuries in a year, nevermind a lifetime.
Is there a high power at work here?
Am I being over focused, maybe but not this many.
Is this my new calling? maybe but im to old an broken to go back to school.
Why me ? Why now?
thanks.
Breena.