PDA

View Full Version : This happened yesterday

JennyA
09-24-2011, 04:10 PM
I posted this on my facebook page, thought i would share it here and see if anyone has any good advice or if I have a case

it's long, i apologize, but it was a horrible experience.

Two weeks ago I jumped onto the RTA to get home from West 117th to W 35th. I sometimes walk it and sometimes I am just ****ing tired and can’t do a 100 block walk, it’s a combination of physically getting tired of it and I have no food to eat so that makes it hard and then to top it off I am dressed as a lady, but not passing enough yet to have people pay me no attention. So when I walk I get shit yelled at me by everyone that drives by, that or they honk. I don’t know what the **** they thinking honking is gonna do, but it’s just annoying. Then if it is not drivers it’s the people who think its fun to chill on the sidewalk. Whenever I pass 1 or 2 people no one will say anything, but once I gets to be three of four they get confident and say shit and laugh or yell. I can’t say shit back because I don’t have a weapon and their dumbass comments are not worth getting bricked for.

So anyways, that is why I used the Rapids without paying, I got caught. I did not have money for the fine, which I could have paid by phone, so two days ago I had to walk to the Justice Center. I left at 7am, but I got lost when I made it downtown. It’s nuts, the hormones I’m on actually are changing the way my brain is logically mapping things out. I kept asking people for directions and I couldn’t follow them for shit. But that’s for a whole other post about who the chemicals in you affect your personality and brain.
I finally found my way to the Justice Center one hour late. I went to the clerk and asked her what I should do. She said, it wasn’t a problem and to come back tomorrow and reschedule the court date.
Sounds great, I wasted some time, but I do like getting the exercise, so it’s all good. I’m going back tomorrow.
And here is how my Day became ****ed sideways, left, right, up, down, and into the other dimensions our scientists haven’t figured out yet.

I go back to the Justice Center today. I find the place easy and I’m in a good mood. I think that I am going to make an appointment to pay my fine, come back that day and set up a payment plan, and by then I will have a job and this hassle will be over.
So I go to the clerk and give her my pink slip and she types in my name. The next thing I know is that I am being arrested, I had a warrant out for my arrest for not showing up to court the day before on time. Which I did, was late, and did what was asked,
So the officer cuffs me and I am very cooperative. Once The Man gets you , cooperate and be polite, you’re already ****ed, no reason to make it worse or make the officer’s day a hassle. He’s the only one who might be able to help you. So I was super polite.
The cop and I are in an elevator going to the holding cells. The doors open. I walk out dressed in green tights, blue female capris, a red shirt, a purse. I look very female, yet obviously a man.
The cops here were dicks. Total assholes. The second I walked out the dudes in the pen start yelling
“what the ****!” ; “holy shit what is this *******?”
I am in a zone I go into when this happens. I am only responding to people I need to. No one else matters. Nothing effects me. This one cop who was an ass, he had said “What is it?” when I walked in, to try and figure out what to do with me. I’ve never been referred to as an it, it was quite difficult to take while all the craziness was going down. So the cops are making me clean out my pockets and stuff. I can hear the yells and shit behind me, but Im trying to stay in that zone. I get the laces out of my shoes, my belt off, my pockets and purse clear. Then the jerk cop made me take off my bra too. I couldn’t take my bra off without taking off my shirt off first. I looked at the cop like “Do I have to do this here, now, I am being degraded and humilitated” So I strip off my shirt and bra while prisoners yell at me. I have breasts because of my hormones that I am taking. I don’t think the officers would force a lady to strip in front of a bunch of people and get laughed at for evading a $2.25 RTA ticket, but I had to.
I am still holding together fine, in my zone, a nicer cop puts me in a pen and asks me if I want to make a phone call. I had no one to call. Not a single person that I could have called and asked for help. For one, who remembers phone numbers nowadays with cell phones. And my family has abandoned me, so I had no one to call. The cop kept asking me if there was someone I could call to bond me out. And now I was crying really hard because of the whole humiliation the cops just forced on me and the realization that I had no one in my life at all to call
Now the cops are done printing me and shit and so they put me in a cell, Across from me I can see one black dude in a cell and in another cell are two more brothers. By this time these guys have heard all the commotion and wanted some entertainment. They wanted to know who the **** I was.
I calmed down, was acting nice. The one dude in the cell was cool. He was asking me questions about shit. But this one crackhead was a ****ing asshole. He kept asking me to show him my tits. Over and over. Asking me over and over. I didn’t pay attention to him too much until he said that if I didn’t do it he was going to piss on me at night when we went to sleep. So , I pulled out my breast, which has barely formed yet from the hormones, but noticeable, and showed it to him.
I thought this would get me some time to sit and just relax and figure my situation out. But that wasn’t enough for that toothless shithead. He now started saying “Hey Robin, show me your ass.” I thought about my situation ,ingested all the degradation of the the last few hours and I ****ing snapped.

I stood up in my cell, tall as a mother****er. I’m 6’1, but I was standing at 6’3. I start screaming at the asshole about how I was going to kill him. Fury flowed out of my lungs and it felt amazing, I laid into that scum****er at the top of my lungs and defended myself with words. I wasn’t scared about anything and I was ready to throw down.
I don’t remember all of what I yelled but here is some of my quotes to the *******.
“Do you see these nails mother****er, I will slit your ****ing throat the first chance I get!
“**** you, I’m gonna crack your skull and watch you bleed.”
He showed me his penis during this time to which I yelled at him that it looked more like a pussy then I will ever hope to have.

After that my story ends, there is more, but I am so tired right now and happy to be home and happy that I stood up for myself against that crackhead. I just wonder if the cops did anything I can sue them over, for one, I never was read my Miranda rights and there was no reason for me to have to strip my clothes off in front of a bunch of inmates and be humiliated over 2.25.

foxinheels88
09-24-2011, 05:25 PM
I will say this.

RAGE.

We are all people, we all have an instinct of fight or flight. When pushed to the edge it all just comes out. We become a whole other person. But does it sure feel good when you let it all go. That pent up frustration. I've let it go once, I walked about 10 feet tall after that. Some just don't get what others are going through, we are all in different spots. Most just don't give a crap about it though.

I wish you best in you transition, hopefully everything will work out for the best!

Nicole Erin
09-24-2011, 08:47 PM
I have not been to jail but from what I have heard, a lot of them are nosy and idiots. There are a lot of mentally sick people in jail. They do not think or reason the way normal humans do. Their mentality is what landed them in the cell to begin with.

I do have a nephew who has done some jail time.

What they are trying to do is break you. you have no choice but to stand up for yourself. If you get in a fight, you HAVE to fight back. You might get your ass beat but if you stand up for yourself best you can, it shows you are not going to be someone's bitch. Of course TRY to be polite and show respect as much as you can but if someone truly challenges you, do not back down.
For the ones like the guy asking to see your tits and ass, I forget the term but there is a word for guys who ain't shit but talk a lot of trash when in their cell. maybe research jail slang.

If you expect to be in jail again in the future, research "how to survive jail" or articles as this - http://www.askmen.com/money/how_to_300/341_how_to.html

I don't know all your legal stuff but all I am saying is if you even think you could end up in jail or prison over something, do your homework now so you are at least a little prepared for what could lie ahead. There would still be a lot to learn but even researching things in writing is better than going in with NO clue about anything.

I forgot to add something REAL importan that goes for anything -
never waste time or energy on stuff right before the real challenge begins. That means, if you get arrested again, keep calm, don't be trying to rage, you will need your energy for the real battles.
A few months ago I was out walking and some two guys got into it at a bank. Something about one guy making a comment about another guy's shirt. Anyways, one of the guys was screaming, hollering, raging, trying to fight off the cops, and resisting arrest. It was a scene. Thing is, how much steam did he have by the time he got to jail and was locked up with the F'ing loons that infest one of our county jails (we have at least two jails, sad isn't it?)
Now while the guy asking to see your tits and ass probably needed to be castrated with fishing wire, by going into a fit of rage, you spent a lot of energy you may have needed if a fight broke out. I understand why you cracked but just try to save energy for the real fights and not the jailhouse barkers.

Katesback
09-24-2011, 08:59 PM
While it sucks it will probably make you a better person.

Nicole Erin
09-24-2011, 09:20 PM
While it sucks it will probably make you a better person.

Jenny is probably tougher than most anyone around here.
So many times we read, "I never get bothered, I pass, blah blah blah" but put one of these "never get bothered" TS women in Jenny's shoes and their whole world would crumble.

I have a lot of respect for someone like Jenny who can endure the crap she struggles thru and survives! Hell yeah Jenny is gonna be a better person. She is not someone I would f*** with, that's for sure.

JennyA
09-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Thank you so much. Reading your post made my day and is helping me form my attitude.

ReineD
09-25-2011, 03:23 AM
Jenny, you have my admiration too. I keep sending positive vibes your way so that you can find a job and get out of this misery.

It's ridiculous you had to go through something like this for $2. :Angry3:

Maybe you could write your family a letter to let them know how you are and what's been happening to you. Don't ask them for help. Just let them know how you are living your life right now. Maybe some of your family members will change their mind about you. :sad:

:hugs:

Myojine
09-25-2011, 04:23 AM
I posted this on my facebook page, thought i would share it here and see if anyone has any good advice or if I have a case

it's long, i apologize, but it was a horrible experience.

Two weeks ago I jumped onto the RTA to get home from West 117th to W 35th. I sometimes walk it and sometimes I am just ****ing tired and can’t do a 100 block walk, it’s a combination of physically getting tired of it and I have no food to eat so that makes it hard and then to top it off I am dressed as a lady, but not passing enough yet to have people pay me no attention. So when I walk I get shit yelled at me by everyone that drives by, that or they honk. I don’t know what the **** they thinking honking is gonna do, but it’s just annoying. Then if it is not drivers it’s the people who think its fun to chill on the sidewalk. Whenever I pass 1 or 2 people no one will say anything, but once I gets to be three of four they get confident and say shit and laugh or yell. I can’t say shit back because I don’t have a weapon and their dumbass comments are not worth getting bricked for.

So anyways, that is why I used the Rapids without paying, I got caught. I did not have money for the fine, which I could have paid by phone, so two days ago I had to walk to the Justice Center. I left at 7am, but I got lost when I made it downtown. It’s nuts, the hormones I’m on actually are changing the way my brain is logically mapping things out. I kept asking people for directions and I couldn’t follow them for shit. But that’s for a whole other post about who the chemicals in you affect your personality and brain.
I finally found my way to the Justice Center one hour late. I went to the clerk and asked her what I should do. She said, it wasn’t a problem and to come back tomorrow and reschedule the court date.
Sounds great, I wasted some time, but I do like getting the exercise, so it’s all good. I’m going back tomorrow.
And here is how my Day became ****ed sideways, left, right, up, down, and into the other dimensions our scientists haven’t figured out yet.

I go back to the Justice Center today. I find the place easy and I’m in a good mood. I think that I am going to make an appointment to pay my fine, come back that day and set up a payment plan, and by then I will have a job and this hassle will be over.
So I go to the clerk and give her my pink slip and she types in my name. The next thing I know is that I am being arrested, I had a warrant out for my arrest for not showing up to court the day before on time. Which I did, was late, and did what was asked,
So the officer cuffs me and I am very cooperative. Once The Man gets you , cooperate and be polite, you’re already ****ed, no reason to make it worse or make the officer’s day a hassle. He’s the only one who might be able to help you. So I was super polite.
The cop and I are in an elevator going to the holding cells. The doors open. I walk out dressed in green tights, blue female capris, a red shirt, a purse. I look very female, yet obviously a man.
The cops here were dicks. Total assholes. The second I walked out the dudes in the pen start yelling
“what the ****!” ; “holy shit what is this *******?”
I am in a zone I go into when this happens. I am only responding to people I need to. No one else matters. Nothing effects me. This one cop who was an ass, he had said “What is it?” when I walked in, to try and figure out what to do with me. I’ve never been referred to as an it, it was quite difficult to take while all the craziness was going down. So the cops are making me clean out my pockets and stuff. I can hear the yells and shit behind me, but Im trying to stay in that zone. I get the laces out of my shoes, my belt off, my pockets and purse clear. Then the jerk cop made me take off my bra too. I couldn’t take my bra off without taking off my shirt off first. I looked at the cop like “Do I have to do this here, now, I am being degraded and humilitated” So I strip off my shirt and bra while prisoners yell at me. I have breasts because of my hormones that I am taking. I don’t think the officers would force a lady to strip in front of a bunch of people and get laughed at for evading a $2.25 RTA ticket, but I had to.
I am still holding together fine, in my zone, a nicer cop puts me in a pen and asks me if I want to make a phone call. I had no one to call. Not a single person that I could have called and asked for help. For one, who remembers phone numbers nowadays with cell phones. And my family has abandoned me, so I had no one to call. The cop kept asking me if there was someone I could call to bond me out. And now I was crying really hard because of the whole humiliation the cops just forced on me and the realization that I had no one in my life at all to call
Now the cops are done printing me and shit and so they put me in a cell, Across from me I can see one black dude in a cell and in another cell are two more brothers. By this time these guys have heard all the commotion and wanted some entertainment. They wanted to know who the **** I was.
I calmed down, was acting nice. The one dude in the cell was cool. He was asking me questions about shit. But this one crackhead was a ****ing asshole. He kept asking me to show him my tits. Over and over. Asking me over and over. I didn’t pay attention to him too much until he said that if I didn’t do it he was going to piss on me at night when we went to sleep. So , I pulled out my breast, which has barely formed yet from the hormones, but noticeable, and showed it to him.
I thought this would get me some time to sit and just relax and figure my situation out. But that wasn’t enough for that toothless shithead. He now started saying “Hey Robin, show me your ass.” I thought about my situation ,ingested all the degradation of the the last few hours and I ****ing snapped.

I stood up in my cell, tall as a mother****er. I’m 6’1, but I was standing at 6’3. I start screaming at the asshole about how I was going to kill him. Fury flowed out of my lungs and it felt amazing, I laid into that scum****er at the top of my lungs and defended myself with words. I wasn’t scared about anything and I was ready to throw down.
I don’t remember all of what I yelled but here is some of my quotes to the *******.
“Do you see these nails mother****er, I will slit your ****ing throat the first chance I get!
“**** you, I’m gonna crack your skull and watch you bleed.”
He showed me his penis during this time to which I yelled at him that it looked more like a pussy then I will ever hope to have.

After that my story ends, there is more, but I am so tired right now and happy to be home and happy that I stood up for myself against that crackhead. I just wonder if the cops did anything I can sue them over, for one, I never was read my Miranda rights and there was no reason for me to have to strip my clothes off in front of a bunch of inmates and be humiliated over 2.25.

you have more than enough gounds to sue them.
Persue it.
What they did was wrong.

CatAttack
09-25-2011, 05:07 AM
Wow that was majorly f'd up what the cops made you do/allowed to happen. The fact that you got through it proved just how strong you are. And now that you've experienced the worst, there's going to be nothing that life can throw at you that you won't be able to handle :)

Jay Cee
09-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Jenny, you are one tough cookie. No one should ever have to go through that, especially for something as insignificant as $2.25.

I can understand if you want to sue the police. They broke a lot of rules, and they should be held accountable. At the very least, a complaint should be filed. Keep in mind that they look out for their own, so it won't be an easy road to travel. Then again, I reckon that if anyone is up for a tough journey, it would be you.

:hugs:

Jay Cee

StephanieC
09-25-2011, 09:34 AM
That is unbelievable behavior from police. I am SOOO sad you have had to endure these sorts of reactions.

Wendy_Marie
09-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Jenny,
You just described in graphic detail what I and many others here see as a worst case scenario to find onesself in.

I understand when you say you feel as though you have no one....is there not even a TG Support Group or at least others in your area whom you can befriend? I don't know how I could possibly be of help being so very far away hun...but I would be happy to chat with you via internet or phone if it would be of any comfort to you at all? And I am sure there are others here who would do the same....

Good Luck and keep your chin up girl.

Launa
09-25-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm sorry to hear this happened. If you choose to do something about the way the cops started treating you and I think you should. I can say that the best defence you have is to write everything that happened to you down on paper right away. Then go down to the courthouse and ask for a form to fill out to complain about their lack of professionalism. Do this as soon as possible. Fill it all out real fast and don't leave any blanks on that peice of paper and take it back and file it with the clerks. I can almost guarantee that somebody with a different view will look at the form and there will be an investigation of some kind. They might not get fired or disiplined but they will at least have to have a sit down with their bosses and if there was an incident like this on their record from before then there can be some consequences for them. It could be their last straw. If its not the last straw it is on their record from now on.
The problem is we as good people generally don't fill out those complaint forms when your at a restaurant, store, or anywhere you have had bad customer service because we think oh well what's the point. But nowadays those forms always get read by many people in companies from vice presidents to superior officers and EVERYONE must come up with answers!! Then there are the follow ups with other departments, sensetivity trainig courses etc. I think you know what I mean here. It's probably worth it so if you do it then follow it through.
Hope the rest of the weekend is better

Aprilrain
09-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Baby doll that sucks but taking your bra off without taking off your shirt is and essential skill! get your name and gender marker changed it will make life easier!

Kaitlyn26
09-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Crackheads act like that because they aren't getting their drug. Think of a grouchy old man, but ten times worse. Hopefully you will not have to go through anything like that ever again.

Aprilrain
09-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Jenny is probably tougher than most anyone around here.
So many times we read, "I never get bothered, I pass, blah blah blah" but put one of these "never get bothered" TS women in Jenny's shoes and their whole world would crumble.

yeah I would probably pee my pants and cry ; )

danielleb
09-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Hi Jenny,

Getting caught up in these sort of trivial situations that land you in jail is always a fear! Especially when you have nothing and can't play the game of life like everyone else.:sad:

I think my first move would be to talk to as many lawyers as will listen to your story, they should get stirred up smelling the money, though more than a few will turn you away seeing too long of a road ahead. See if there is a transgender or LGBT law group in your area that can help you out.

Secondly, I would seek to prevent this from happening again. Contact as many local gender advocate/support groups and get your story out there. Send off letters to politicians (or post on their facebook pages if they have them) and work to make sure that not only will you have to go through this again, but any other girls like yourself.

Recently here in Cook County they put into an action aimed at just such a problem : http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/gay/lesbian/news/ARTICLE.php?AID=31243. While not perfect, it's a welcome move in the right direction, and at least they're making that move. Perhaps citing this law to your local county sheriffs office would help.

It's easy to feel powerless with no money, and the inability to function along the "normal" legal channels of name/gender change etc. But it doesn't mean that you're any less of a person than anyone else in this world and deserve an equal amount of basic respect. The really tough part is not just enduring the horrors, but standing up after them and proclaiming their atrocity in a manner that enacts change. :)