PDA

View Full Version : Do we stand out ...by our femininity?

flicka
08-31-2004, 08:14 PM
I have only ventured out dressed when most honest citizens are abed, but when wandering about during the day I am struck by the slovenliness and drabness of so many women, particularly younger ones. Why don't they take more pride in themselves? When I see an attractively dressed female I now wonder whether I am observing a CD-er! Perhaps this is why CD-ers feel that people are looking at them .... they are, because you are smartly turned out.

clarissa3d
09-02-2004, 11:13 AM
I would have to aggree with you on that. I crossed pathes with a CDer at Wallmart last weekend and she was very smartly dressed. She was not over dressed but smartly dressed. The only reason I new she was a Cd'er was she glanced down at my shaven legs ( I was wearing shorts) and my earrings (very fem amethist) and my eyebrowes are plucted and arched. I was in boy mode, as we passed she in a male voice said hello there.. I giggled lightly and said hi back.

In the same area where several small but very pretty GG girls dressed in baggie over sized pants with huge tee shurts. I would not say to dress like a ***** but to dress smartly for the day and location of where you are going.

just my two cents worth..

joannablake
09-02-2004, 11:22 AM
I would have to agree with y'all. I think it is pretty sad when a crossdresser look better than GG's. Maybe it is a compliment for us that we can pass for GG when we are really not?

Just my two cents

Love always
Joanna

Olesha
09-02-2004, 11:34 AM
The problem is that they can dress as they like and nobody comments. We want to dress in their nice clothes, which is seen as weird or threatening. They can wear whatever they feel comfortable and it is accepted. Perhaps sexism is on the other foot?

joannablake
09-02-2004, 11:57 AM
I would have to agree with you there Olesha. GG's can wear anything that they want be it feminine or masculine. But let a GM's put on a skirt or dress we are called freaks or perverts. Yes I would have to agree with you sexism is on the other foot on this occasion.

Love Always
Joanna

clarissa3d
09-02-2004, 11:59 AM
The problem is that they can dress as they like and nobody comments. We want to dress in their nice clothes, which is seen as weird or threatening. They can wear whatever they feel comfortable and it is accepted. Perhaps sexism is on the other foot?

Well our society in truth has come a long way if you look back in the 1920s where even alcohol was forbiden. All types of things that the masses dont agree with wheither it is sex race religion or clothes that someone wears. It takes time for the masses to mature to a point of acceptance. But the biggest part is knowledge. Women's history of not able to vote or go into certain places has changed due to there push to make a change.

I catch my self judging people on their actions and stop and realize that is it my place to judge them or should I accept them as they are. As long as their actions do not negitively affect others. Where do we draw the line.????

here is a question to ponder: Are Crossdressers / transgender people negitively afflicting society?

Just my four cents

joannablake
09-02-2004, 12:06 PM
I dont think that Crossdresser/Transgendered People have negitively affected on society. I do understand what your saying about people needing to mature but until society wakes up we will always be seen as a threat to there perfect little world that they live in. Maybe it is time that we try to reach out and educate society that there is nothing wrong with what we do. Maybe by the time my little girl grows up society will finally understand what we do and why we do it.

Just my two cents

Love Always
Joanna

Jennifer_Ph
09-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Women (GG) don't care what they look like anymore. They consider cheap flip flops appropriate dress wear. Capri pants are ok in the workplace. Bleh! I for one hope that fashion turns around and Birkenstock goes out of business. It'd be nice to see women trying to look sexy again.

And it's so fair. Most companies won't let men wear shorts. Women can wear a skirt bare legged with flip flops. That sucks!

joannablake
09-02-2004, 12:45 PM
I agree with you Jennifer! Imagine a world were women and crossdresser are the most gorgious people in the world. (sigh) what a wonderful dream maybe someday.

Love Always
Joanna

NewShy21NJmtf
09-03-2004, 03:32 PM
I agree that I'd like to see more cute GGs dressed nicely, but I'm still jealous of the ones in boy clothes. You know what I mean, they can wear boy clothes and still look sooooooooooooo cute. They can wear girl clothes and make my lip fall to the floor. Sooooooooo lucky.

Stephanie

Gabriel
09-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Women (GG) don't care what they look like anymore... It'd be nice to see women trying to look sexy again.
Hmm... why should they? :) (though it is a sight to behold sometimes)
I understand that it might feel like "a waste of good looks" or whatnot, or that not enough of the smartly-dressed GGs are out there for classy CDers to blend in. On the other hand, would some of you want to be "not noticed"? I thought it was more like wanting to be "not read". Then, you might want them to stay lazy, so that you will have less competition. ;)

And it's so fair. Most companies won't let men wear shorts. Women can wear a skirt bare legged with flip flops. That sucks!
Let's see, could there be a reason why women's bare legs are preferred over men's bare legs in the workplace? :D (no offense)

Just a humble opinion.

Also, pretty girls can't help being pretty, same for handsome lads. Now I'm reminded of how I get jealous over smart guys' brains, then complain that they are wasting their intelligence on "trivial hobbies" (no, I'm not talking about CDing :cool: ). Hmm...

AnnaMaria
09-04-2004, 05:32 AM
I must agree that in todays world gg's do have more choices as to what they wear. I think a big part of the problem is in the fact that there are so many high school girls going to collage and being turned loose to wear what ever they want. So they wear what ever they grab from the closet, drawer, or floor. They don't care what it si as long as they are covered, where necessary.
Collage now doesn't require students to go to class appropriatly dressed. The same with high schools. Though I must admit that at least high schools are becoming more strict about what thier students wear due to the distractions that are created by some of the "styles" that are prevelent today. Case in point: The visible thong at the top of a girls jeans. Before now that would have been considered taboo and never even thought of, but now it is perfectly ok.
And as far as dress codes in the work place I think that as a general rule employers are trying to be more liberial with the younger crowd due to the relaxed nature of the collages and the fear that the prospective employee might choose a different job if the dress code is to strict.

JanelleinNylons
09-06-2004, 06:59 PM
ohhh how I long for the days when women would dress stylish and feminine.Now its considered ok to wear flipflops to work or wedding, or any other formal occasion.I for one detest the bare legged look so common now, but I might be personally biased :p 10 years ago when I would see women in conservative dress or business suits, pantyhose and heels, thats what really got my attention and got me thinking about dressing up just like them!

Just my two cents
thankyou cuties :)

geronto2
09-16-2004, 03:41 AM
Hi! darling, yes I do beleive we do because most of us have a good sence of dress, we dress according to our age and in an appropriate mannor, what makes a lot of people stand out, is the in- appropriate costumes they choose to dress them selves in, For example if you try to out dress your wife then only disaster can follow.How do you dress? and is it a fetish!!!!!!!

lot's of lov

your G

Tristen Cox
09-16-2004, 01:13 PM
I have only ventured out dressed when most honest citizens are abed, but when wandering about during the day I am struck by the slovenliness and drabness of so many women, particularly younger ones. Why don't they take more pride in themselves? When I see an attractively dressed female I now wonder whether I am observing a CD-er! Perhaps this is why CD-ers feel that people are looking at them .... they are, because you are smartly turned out.
I have been considering this lately and agree with you honestly.
There have been times I would have sworn to be looking at one of our sisters in public.
I wonder though...wouldn't it be awesome to know she was CDing.

kristi cd
09-16-2004, 03:59 PM
OK I'll be the screw-ball here because for me the clothes don't make the girl. Maybe it's becuse that's all I really see walking around a college campus all day, or it's all I've ever really known as far as women's "fashion" but I have to admit, some of those girls in flip-flops and sweats are sexy in anything. :D

LovingGG
09-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here on my thoughts on this as a GG. First let me tell you a kinda funny story...

I have a friend who CD's - and when we would go out ( to the mall or to a restaurant) he would always be upset because he kept getting "read"...Well, when we were out she would be wearing full make-up-- something very sexy and colorful...So I said, half joking, if you want to look like a real girl, gain 20 pounds and wear a sweat shirt every now and then! Look around-- all the GG are pretty drab....

Well-- we went out and shopped for some more basic clothes, and she toned down the make-up a bit...She stopped getting read as often...

I think that GG don't dress to show their figures because the attention from men can be intrusive to the point of being scary!
If I were to walk out in a short skirt and heels --yikes-- I would attract a lot of attention. When you grow up as a GG and feel that vulnerability from an early age it makes you cautious. GG's tend not to make eye contact with strangers etc.

Getting attention from men is something my friend enjoys and can handle a lot better than I can. Maybe because he knew both sides, and because a sexual encounter was not a major deal.. I am not sure, I do know that as a GG the perspective is often one of shield, don't show....

LGG

Rachel Ann
09-17-2004, 06:03 PM
kristi_cd, LovingGG

I hope that you are both right! I am not in a position to go overboard, but I hope that a reasonable, modest mode of dress will work for me.

I doubt that I could pass, but I am looking forward to getting to know other mtf CD girls in such settings as I can find (bars? teas? clubs?) where we all "belong".

btw kristi I think that one reason those coeds all look so good is that they are, on average, younger than most!

Love

geronto2
10-01-2004, 10:42 PM
Well I was in D.Js the other day and I'm sure that the only well dressed GG was in fact a CD'er the rest of the shoppers with the exception of one, were frumps, so to answer your question I firmly beleive that CD'ers do all stand out by our dress

Vallari
10-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Well, as far as today's fashions go - Im not too sad about the flip flops and basic clothing. The only thing keeping me from wearing flip flops though is the size of my feet :( (wear size 13 in mens). I know what it's like to be overdressed though. Just last weekend I went to a friend's birthday party with my GG friend dressed in femme. I wore a denim skirt, black basic top, wig, some jewlery, and some heels (nothing to fancy) - basically my outfit in my avatar pic, and I still managed to be overdressed! :D They were all dressed like I dress when Im in guy mode! In T-shirts and pants mostly. I thought it was kind of funny myself looking back on it now, but I'd like to see some more fem outfits around myself too! :)

JoannaDees
10-02-2004, 12:24 AM
Maybe because GG's don't need to dress to feel fem? And as LovingGG said, it's the attention. Remember all the posts from our girls that went to the TG chat ... hit on by creeps ... not fun.

Jen_TGCD
10-02-2004, 01:42 AM
Look around-- all the GG are pretty drab....
I think that GGs don't dress to show their figures because the attention from men can be intrusive to the point of being scary! When you grow up as a GG and feel that vulnerability from an early age it makes you cautious. GG's tend not to make eye contact with strangers etc.
I do know that as a GG the perspective is often one of shield, don't show....
LGGI wish that every CD would copy that statement, tape it to their mirror and read it before going out.

I didn't understand about the "vulnerability" issue either until I was coming home late, about 11:00pm, from a TG group meeting. It was December and I was wearing a long trench coat over my conservative two-piece outfit and low heels. I decided to stop and get the mail from my Post Office box, like I always do when I'm in the area. I pulled up close to the door, turned off the motor... and then it hit me! A woman wouldn't be doing this, alone, this late at night! I was so frustrated... and torn. I was feeling so good, having had a wonderful evening dressed and wanted to get the most out it. No one would really see me this late... I could slip in and out in a couple of minutes. Well... I decided to go in... the urge was just too strong. And it was great... my heels clicking and echoing in the abandoned halls. My heart was pounding as I gathered my mail and clutched it to my chest... it was a big stack of magazines, bills and advertisements... and headed back out the door. I thought, "This is so cool!" Then, I saw the Security Guard!!! He had just passed where my car was parked. We saw each other at the same time but he kept on walking... but after a few steps... he looked over his shoulder again to take another look... but kept on walking. I'll never know if he knew I was CDing... or if he was wondering who the stupid woman was getting her mail this late.

It was a great experience and a good lesson in understanding the limitations and care that women have to think about... all the time!

Thanks, LGG... that was a great post!
---Jen---------