PDA

View Full Version : Who's been in my closet?

Debra Russell
09-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Well Sat. morning we got up a little late and as I read the paper my wife emerged from the bedroom wearing one of my blouses- It looked very nice and told her so,I was flattered that she thought it was something that she liked. Later that day my grandaughter came over just off of work in her waitress attire and disappeared for a few minutes then came out wearing jeans and another one of my tops that she liked! it looked very cute! My wife asked her where she got it and she replied the other side of the closet -- she had some place to go and needed a change. I told her to remember where she got it, and wanted it back!

Later that night we went out to eat and asked our daughter who is staying with us to go along - guess what ! she diden't have a thing to wear so I let her pick (a white peasant blouse) wife gave her a pair of shoes.

Never before has anyone ask to wear any of my clothes - it's a feeling of acceptance and I don't mind sharing . Have any of had any sharing expierences?.....................Debra

DebbieL
09-26-2011, 11:42 AM
My wife borrows my clothes quite often.

The one time I did get a bit upset was when my first wife took all my boxer shorts, sewed the crotches shut, and started wearing them out shopping.

She was wearing my underwear as outerwear, but would get upset when I wore panties to bed.

Wendy_Marie
09-26-2011, 11:45 AM
as often as I use to borrow clothing from my wife and my sisters before that...I couldn't very well deny them the use of my closet if they were to ever ask...sounds like you indeed have been accepted into the girls club....

Foxy Lady
09-26-2011, 11:49 AM
My wife and I swap clothes and jewlery all the time.

kristinacd55
09-26-2011, 11:54 AM
My wife hasn't borrowed any of my things, but I borrow her purses and jewelry all the time. Oh, and some makeup as well. Don't think my daughters will borrow any of my things.

kimdl93
09-26-2011, 12:51 PM
that's very cool. My wife and I don't share a lot of clothes - I'm too big :( but my step daughter just borrowed my car!

Kittyagain
09-26-2011, 12:57 PM
The wife and I do share clothes but we have different styles. But you know what? Of late, she shops in my closet more and more. It does give me that smile just as you posted Debra.

Kitty

Cindy.
09-26-2011, 01:04 PM
My wife wears my stuff a lot. At this point, I dont think theres anything in our room thats just hers or just mine.

Alice B
09-26-2011, 01:08 PM
My wife and I do not share because our sizes are different, but she has allowed me to use some of her jewlery and has borrowed ear rings from me. That is about as far as it goes, but better than nothing.

SusanCACD
09-26-2011, 03:00 PM
That is really nice of you. I wish I had such pretty cheek bones as Alice......

wanagione
09-26-2011, 03:05 PM
my wife and i share what we can. she is always raiding my dresser and closet.

Terricd48
09-26-2011, 06:54 PM
My wife is always borrowing my heels and then complains about wearing them.I just smile and say nothing.Sometimes she will buy herself something then decide she doesn't like it.She gives it to me,its a win-win for me.Maybe this is why my dresser and closet are overflowing.I am sure I had nothing to do with them overflowing.....so hard to say no .....giggle.

Brenda456
09-26-2011, 06:58 PM
My wife borrowed a skirt of mine the other day. That was fun!

Cynthia Anne
09-26-2011, 08:18 PM
That's a great story! Share and share alike! Thanks for sharing!

Diane Smith
09-26-2011, 08:59 PM
The one time I did get a bit upset was when my first wife took all my boxer shorts, sewed the crotches shut, and started wearing them out shopping.

She was wearing my underwear as outerwear, but would get upset when I wore panties to bed.

Yuck! Boxers-as-outerware is even worse than blue jeans! (Apologies to Karren.) I hope they were an interesting color or print, at least ...

I don't have any relatives to borrow stuff from me right now, but an ex girlfriend did take (with permission) some of my earrings once.

- Diane

Dami
09-26-2011, 09:06 PM
me and my wife wear completley different sizes in clothes and shoes, but she has been helping to pick out some wigs, and just about everyone I pick out she likes too and says 'Oh and then I can borrow it ' But i have no complaints, she fixed me up with a bunch of jewelry, a make up case, and she has a ton of purses she doesn't use anymore that she told me to look through.

Veronica Lacey
09-27-2011, 01:34 AM
Great anecdote! That would be pretty cool to share some clothes with my wife even if only at home. Yes, what a feeling of acceptance that must be! Alas, she at least tolerates my dressing when I am alone so I will have to settle for that.

linda allen
09-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Yuck! Boxers-as-outerware is even worse than blue jeans! (Apologies to Karren.) I hope they were an interesting color or print, at least ...
Several years ago, it became fashionable for young (middle school age) girls to wear men's boxer shorts as outerware.

To try and stop this, the principal of one of the middle schools made this announcement on the school public address system:

"Starting tomorrow, girls are not allowed to wear underware to school." :eek:

Tina B.
09-27-2011, 09:48 AM
The wife and I used to share clothes, we do have different taste in blouses, but shared other articles of clothing, but we are not the same size anymore. But anytime I can't find my red necklace, I know to look on her dresser chain stand, it will be there next to hers because she likes mine better. and as was mentioned up above, I could never say don't wear it, I've worn just about every peace of jewelry she has, and ruined more than one of her skirts back in the old days, so what's mine is hers, anytime she wants to wear it, (unless I put it on first).
Tina B.

Vieja
09-27-2011, 10:04 AM
That is very accommodating of you. I think you should charge a usage fee.

Vieja

krisinpink
09-27-2011, 08:58 PM
my SO and I couldn't always share clothes because of the size differences, but over the years I have 'lost' a few items to her! (and I don't mind a bit)

marlaNYC
09-27-2011, 09:16 PM
my ex and i were such different sizes that, even when she enjoyed me dressing, nothing would fit. but she did buy me some glorious undies from Agent Provocateur and some lovely slips/nighties at VS. she got plenty of nice clothing back as a token of appreciation, though!

Daphne
09-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Several years ago, it became fashionable for young (middle school age) girls to wear men's boxer shorts as outerware.

To try and stop this, the principal of one of the middle schools made this announcement on the school public address system:

"Starting tomorrow, girls are not allowed to wear underware to school." :eek:

LOL I hope he clarified that. I could just see the female half of the student body going home and telling their parents, the Principal told said they couldn't wear underwear. lol

jillleanne
09-28-2011, 09:48 AM
My gg and I share everything except panties. Oddly, I use the 9 drawer dresser and she uses the armoir for tops, etc.

Toni Citara
09-28-2011, 01:13 PM
That is pretty cool having clothes that others want to share/wear.

wearingtanpantyhose
09-28-2011, 08:58 PM
My wife doesn't like me wearing her clothes, but has borrowed pantyhose from me from time to time. I ALWAYS have new pantyhose in stock! And it feels nice knowing she is wearing mine!

sandra-leigh
09-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Lately, I've been finding my flats sitting on the landing, all ready to be tripped over, at times that I was fairly sure (but not positive) that I had taken the time to put them to the side. It happened several times, with different pairs of flats. Now I do get blonder during the summer, but I didn't think I was getting that bad. So I asked my wife. Who informed me that, Yes, she had been wearing my shoes.

I still don't have any idea how my wife managed to get my shoes to stay on, as I buy size 12 or 11 shoes, and she wears size 6.

My wife has exercised Eminent Domain on the occasional top of mine on the grounds that "you aren't wearing it enough" :D

PretzelGirl
09-28-2011, 10:25 PM
My wife has no problem borrowing my tops or dresses. Some of the time I just ask her what type of item she is fishing for and help her pick something I think will look good. Before my youngest daughter knew about me, she used to borrow tops from Mom's "Other Closet". I would have to send my wife after her to retrieve "her" things. After she found out, I let her borrow things but with rules about fast returns. The fast returns never happened, so I had to cut her off.

Kaitlyn26
09-28-2011, 11:15 PM
You're just now having that happen? Yea, I've had that happen. In fact, when I was still dating women, they took half my clothes! :Angry3: