PDA

View Full Version : A Poll toHelp Clarify Attitudes Here on the Forum

Sophie86
09-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Please reply by selecting the statement that best describes you.

A) I have no desire to look or feel feminine.

B) I have no desire to ever transition.

C) Both A and B.

D) Neither A nor B.

Feel free to elaborate, but don't forget to make it clear which one you would pick. And if you feel the statement needs more emphasis, add your own 'hell no'. :)

Addendum: A is logically equivalent to "I have no desire to look feminine and no desire to feel feminine." If either one is false, then the whole statement is false. Therefore, if you just want to look feminine but not feel feminine, then A does not describe you.

deborahtg42
09-26-2011, 05:39 PM
My option would be D

kimdl93
09-26-2011, 05:43 PM
My option would be D

Honestly this can't possibly help clarify anything. You offered too few alternatives and at best will get a n insignificant sample.

Kathryn Philips
09-26-2011, 05:45 PM
1) I have every desire to look and feel feminine.
2) If this desire grows over the years, I may want to transition.

hence my answer is "D"

Debglam
09-26-2011, 05:45 PM
I think you may need another choice Sophie.

No to A and Yes to B for me.

Debby

Sophie86
09-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Honestly this can't possibly help clarify anything. You offered too few alternatives and at best will get a n insignificant sample.

All I'm trying to do here is compare attitudes towards feeling femme vs attitudes towards transition. It seems to me that the two have been conflated in a lot of recent posts. I think the question does what I want it to do, but those who would like more nuance can add it in their comments.

So what would your response be?

deborahtg42
09-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Sophie, Maybe you also need an option E then as Debby said above.

Sophie86
09-26-2011, 06:01 PM

hence my answer is "D"

Thanks, Kathryn. That's exactly the answer I was looking for from someone who does not rule out transition.

I think you may need another choice Sophie.

No to A and Yes to B for me.

Debby

Since there are options for yes to both A and B and no to both A and B, if you pick just one, then I take that to mean you would say no to the other. So I would read an answer of B as: I enjoy looking and feeling femme, but I don't want to transition.

Sophie, Maybe you also need an option E then as Debby said above.

What would you suggest as an option E?

Miss Maxine
09-26-2011, 06:09 PM
My answer is N...42N.

Cynthia Anne
09-26-2011, 06:24 PM
My answer would be D! And to elaborate Ill say; HELL YES! Hugs!

Suzette Muguet de Mai
09-26-2011, 06:29 PM
D, I would transition tomorrow if I had the opportunity and the money for SRS and a considerate GP for referral to Clinic for HRT commencement.

Debutante
Mine: D

I absolutely wish to look and feel feminine. It's what I long for, deeply, and work for.
I don't see myself as TS.... maybe a transgenderist at best.
Feeling more womanly, expressing it, while living as a male in the world...

Diana Bain
We need more perameters...a) I wouldn't be here if I didn't...b) I like the little/big guy and his two friends (though you can never say never)

erintemp
09-26-2011, 06:42 PM
D for me, I try to look and be as femminien as posable. As far as transitioning it has been a thought, alot lately.

BRANDYJ
09-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Would I like to look more feminine? ONLY while dressed fem. But not so it over- shadows my male look the rest of the time. So do you mean permanently look for feminine, or do you mean when dressed in female mode?
The other answer is B. I do not wish to transition.

prettytoes
09-26-2011, 07:00 PM
B-I do not wish to transition...I am very happy being a man. I simply enjoy the colors, the materials, the styles, the looks, and the smells of all things feminine. I like the way satin feels against my skin, having my toenails painted; feminine styles are much more comfortable (i.e.-yoga pants, loose flouncy tops, mini skirts, etc.), and it just feels right to me to be dressed in women's clothing.

TGMarla
09-26-2011, 07:35 PM
I'll go with choice B. But it wasn't always that way. A is out, because I have every desire to look and feel feminine when I'm crossdressed. For years I wished I could run off and transition. But over the years, I've tempered that opinion, and I am now content to remain male, and pursue a rewarding life as my wife's husband.

But I still like to pretend! :D

Lori B
09-26-2011, 07:54 PM
B....................................

Julogden
09-26-2011, 08:03 PM
D, without any hesitation.

rachaelsloane
09-26-2011, 08:29 PM
No to "A", It's just my opinion, but we all in one form or another wish to either look or feel feminine.
Yes to "B"

Angela Dressing
09-26-2011, 08:30 PM
im a B. I love everything about being a woman but will never actually go that far. I'll dream tho

drag n fly
09-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Make me a Dee...Jackie

tiffanyjo89
09-26-2011, 09:40 PM
B

I would love to spend a week or even a couple days as a woman, but if I was to transition, I'd pretty much have to start life all over again with very, very little amount of interaction with anyone from the previous life I had lived...I don't want to lose my friends, and I have lived 22 years as a guy, so for me to throw away 22 years worth of relationships to live as a woman, I'd probably enter into depression.

As for going away on vacation (or a bit of a "stay-cation" so to speak) as a woman, and living as a woman that amount of time. But that'd probably be a few years from now...after I become more confident in shopping and presenting as a female.

PretzelGirl
09-26-2011, 09:43 PM
I can only speak for today. I have seen too many of us change over time. So for that, the answer is......B.

Michelle55
09-26-2011, 10:11 PM

hence my answer is "D"

What she said!!!

I doubt I'd actually go through with a transition as there are too many things I like to do that women have a hard time getting involved in. I don't see many women as loggers or sawmill owners. I do see a few as farmers, but not many.

CarlaWestin
09-26-2011, 10:18 PM
My answer is N...42N.

Yeah, definitely N, 38N or 40N

sissystephanie
09-26-2011, 10:32 PM
If you crossdress you do of course like to look feminine!! But that in no way means you want to transition!! The way your options are worded does not leave any room for indecision, which for many CD'ers is a very big thing. For me personally, I definitely like to dress as a female! But I have no desire whatever to become a woman, I am very happy to be a man!! There is no answer to that on your poll!!

sara.s
09-26-2011, 10:33 PM
C (as I have no desire to feel feminine but just look feminine)

donnatracey
09-26-2011, 10:39 PM
B......enjoy my dressing but also enjoy my male persona......

Kaitlyn Michele
09-26-2011, 10:52 PM
well , now that's all cleared up...:heehee:

*Vanessa*
09-26-2011, 11:03 PM
well , now that's all cleared up...:heehee:

Not quite - a big capitol D for me please

andrea69j
09-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Pi - its the perfect ambiguous answer

Sophie86
09-26-2011, 11:13 PM
If you crossdress you do of course like to look feminine!!

We shall see. I expect at least a few A answers, but not many. Jiveturkeyonrye hasn't checked in yet, and there are maybe a couple others who will answer A.

But that in no way means you want to transition!!

Exactly. I expect a lot of people will answer B.

The way your options are worded does not leave any room for indecision, which for many CD'ers is a very big thing.

A person who is indecisive should answer D, since it's not true that they have no desire to transition.

For me personally, I definitely like to dress as a female! But I have no desire whatever to become a woman, I am very happy to be a man!! There is no answer to that on your poll!!

What's wrong with B? If A does not describe you, but B does, then B is your answer. Right?

C (as I have no desire to feel feminine but just look feminine)

If you have a desire to look feminine, then A does not describe you. Therefore, you would just choose B.

SarahLynn
09-26-2011, 11:15 PM
B.

What is the sense of dressing if not to be/do the best you can within the paramiters you have set for yourself. If you only underdress with panties and that is your limit then you are doing the best you can within that paramiter. If you allow yourself the extras, shaving your legs & wearing hose from time to time you are again living within your limits and thus are expressing your level of femininity.

I would not want the world (at least for now) to see me fully dressed still I like to wear all the gitup when I can. If my wife were more accepting then I might well want to fully dress every day. For now, underdressing most of the time is enough.

SarahLynn

Loni
09-26-2011, 11:18 PM
it would be "D".

i want to look as much like a woman as i can. be pretty and not have others look at me like i am a freak.

as for transitioning??? if i could do so and still have a income..or some way to pay the bills and keep me in as much of a life style as i have now...in a hart beat.

and no my life style is not all that great. just not having to worry about what bills to pay this month. and a couple extra dollars.

Ellyn
09-27-2011, 12:48 AM
Put me down for B. I would not do very well trying to look feminine. I do not have the body shape nor the features. I have big hands, wide shoulders. fat waiste, and skinny ass. I just got one of those plastic measuring tapes from the Heart and Stroke Society, and my waiste is right at the mark that states: HIGH RISK: MEN at the 40 inch mark. That just might be a messsage to slim it down.

Jessica86
09-27-2011, 12:54 AM
I would say B. I don't want to transition, but the thought of being a woman over a period of time is appealing....just not forever.

AKKaren
09-27-2011, 01:53 AM
:daydreaming:D of course!!

Samantha W
09-27-2011, 02:04 AM

But HELL YEA I want to look and feel feminine.

Call me greedy, I dont want to settle for one or the other. I want it all

brandi.tgurl
09-27-2011, 03:22 AM
a = no ; b = yes. i want to feel and look feminine, but don't necessarily want to transition. my desire to transition has always played second fiddle to my desire to produce my own children, and to a belief against cosmetic surgery for non-medical reasons- ie boob jobs or nose jobs. so the debate for me is, how medically necessary would transitioning be for me? I function just fine in male form, and despite a couple of years of guilt and confusion, have learned to accept me and get along just fine dressing and presenting as female. at this point, any surgery to feminize me would be just for convenience (ie to prevent tucking, or shaving). and, would the transition equally cause confusion or suffering to those around me, whom i love?

Princess Chantal
09-27-2011, 03:41 AM
Definitely C
I have no desire to crossdress unless it is for a socializing purpose, costuming purpose, sexual purpose, and/or to explore something that I am curious about

Sensei86
09-27-2011, 04:22 AM
I'll go with D as maybe someday I would want to transition.

Kittyagain
09-27-2011, 06:06 AM
When I read your poll, the key word is "desire" and the definition that is applied. Some may see desire as a commitment.

Desire : to long or hope for

Then D

Kitty

linda allen
09-27-2011, 06:46 AM

I agree. A poll tells nothing if it's not worded properly.

I do have a desire to look and feel feminine from time to time.

I have no desire to transition. I do not want to be a full time female.

Cindy.
09-27-2011, 08:10 AM
B. I have a wonderful wife that married a man. And, I do love being a man sometimes.

RachelPortugal
09-27-2011, 08:18 AM
"B". I am happy being a guy and a husband but like to look and feel feminine from time to time, well quite often actually!

Sophie86
09-27-2011, 08:19 AM
I agree. A poll tells nothing if it's not worded properly.

The poll is making the point I wish to make. In recent threads, folks have been conflating the desire to look or feel feminine with the desire to transition. When some have said that they absolutely do not want to transition, that has been interpreted as a rejection of femininity. I'm making the point that "I don't want to be female" does not mean "I don't want to look or feel feminine." You would think that that was obvious, but some people don't seem to get it.

I do have a desire to look and feel feminine from time to time.

I have no desire to transition. I do not want to be a full time female.

That's the answer I expected from at least half the people here. The other half will pick D, and a few will pick C either because they don't understand how to read A, or because they are part of the very small contingent who like to wear skirts but don't try to present as female.

suchacutie
09-27-2011, 08:20 AM
I find these choices a bit confusing, but if I understand the possibilities I have to answer D because:

Tina is my feminine side. She is feminine, period. It's not a question of "want to", there is no choice. Thus, when the transformation occurs and Tina walks out of the bedroom, she looks, feels, thinks, acts, talks, (and all the rest), from her perspective, as a feminine being.

Transition? no. My supportive and caring and loving wife married me as a male, and that union is the most important thing. Besides, I really am completely selfish about this: I want BOTH genders.

AndreaCD1963
09-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Within the confines of the choices - D

I definitely want to look and feel feminine, as much and as often as possible
I would not rule out the option to transition, whether fully or partially. It's not an option today, but who knows what tomorrow might bring.

StaceyJane
09-27-2011, 08:25 AM
D!!!!

But really you shouldn't have only negative choices.

Elle1946
09-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Looks like a trick question but I think that I will chose D. I want to look and feel feminine but not be female with surgery.

Sophie86
09-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Looks like a trick question but I think that I will chose D. I want to look and feel feminine but not be female with surgery.

Then D would not describe you, since it says "Neither A or B." Since A is not true for you, you would just pick B.

Tina B.
09-27-2011, 10:02 AM
There was a time I thought I was a D, but now I'm pretty sure I'm a B, I've never been a A or a C, ever.
Tina B.

NicoleScott
09-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Both C and D. Wait, that doesn't work, does it?

Just kidding. I'm a clear B.

Jocelyn Quivers
09-27-2011, 12:55 PM
My answer is D, it's no longer a matter of if but when at some point in my lifetime. Funny how for years I was a very passionate B.

Kaz
09-27-2011, 01:27 PM
It has to be D... but this tells you nothing other than that I want to feel feminine when I cross dress and I do not rule out the possibility of transitioning at some point in the future... not sure where you are going with this?

At the mo... transitioning is not an option so I coud be C, but next year... who knows?

Taylor186
09-27-2011, 01:39 PM
I want to look as feminine as possible when crossdressed, but I have no desire to transition.

Rachel Mari
09-27-2011, 02:17 PM

hence my answer is "D"

This is me almost exactly except that I'm leaning more towards transition but can't imagine actually doing it (playing with the cards I'm dealt).

Rachel

Rianna Humble
09-27-2011, 03:04 PM
My answer would have to be E - I had no desire to transition, but a pressing need to do it in order to survive

and yes, I would like to look as feminine as possible because that is who I am

Sophie86
09-27-2011, 08:59 PM
My answer would have to be E - I had no desire to transition, but a pressing need to do it in order to survive

and yes, I would like to look as feminine as possible because that is who I am

Right. I'll put you down for D then. ;)

Rianna Humble
09-27-2011, 11:35 PM
If I have to stick withh A to D, then I am closer to B than to the others even though I am in transition. Confused? You will be!

Josephine
09-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Definitely a B today, but who knows what the future holds.

Sandygal
09-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Mostly D. Somedays I want to scream it out loud, but my fear of what I would lose keeps it all bottled up.

NicoleScott
09-29-2011, 03:55 PM
A Poll toHelp Clarify Attitudes Here on the Forum

Attitude? I got no stinkin' attitude!

Toni Citara
09-29-2011, 04:01 PM
I would have to say some of A and some of B.

While I enjoy most of my guy experiences, but also love slipping into some silky hose and feeling that rush when I slip into some heels and pull that zipper up on the side of my skirt. However, I don't find the same thrill with the makeup, lipstick, wig. I have no desire to become female, I enjoy being who I am... just a guy with an appreciation for some of the feminine things in life. I really hate lipstick, and can't explain why I do, but I do. Even in the winter I won't put lip balm on. I just don't like the feeling.

Kittyagain
09-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Sophie, did I miss the tally?

Kitty

Sophie86
09-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Sophie, did I miss the tally?

Kitty

Nah, I don't think a tally is necessary. Anyone who reads through the thread can see that the folks who are saying 'no' to transition are not claiming that they have no desire to either look or feel feminine. The guys who just want to wear a skirt with no goal of looking or feeling feminine may exist, but they are very rare on this board. Hence, this notion that it's somehow weird for a guy to say no to transition but want to do full dress ups and adopt a femme name entirely misses the point: Wanting to look or feel feminine is a separate thing from wanting to be female.

Most people will read that and think "duh," but some recent threads on the subject made me think it was worth making the point more explicitly.

That is all.

Aprilrain
09-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Please reply by selecting the statement that best describes you.

A) I have no desire to look or feel feminine.

C) Both A and B.

D) Neither A nor B.

Feel free to elaborate, but don't forget to make it clear which one you would pick. And if you feel the statement needs more emphasis, add your own 'hell no'. :)

Addendum: A is logically equivalent to "I have no desire to look feminine and no desire to feel feminine." If either one is false, then the whole statement is false. Therefore, if you just want to look feminine but not feel feminine, then A does not describe you.

A doesn't even make sense. What CDer doesn't have the desire to look and feel feminine?? If you don't have this desire what's the point of CDing??
choosing D clarifies almost nothing other than ones non-identification with the rather narrow constricts of choices A, B, and C

Nicola
09-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Within the constraints of the options offered I am a B

Jenniferathome
09-30-2011, 12:35 PM
where is option E?

E) I desire to look and feel feminine but have no desire to transition.

kassy
09-30-2011, 12:50 PM
It is B for me I have no desire to transition but I do love to feel feminine when I am dressed. So B it is

Rianna Humble
09-30-2011, 03:07 PM
where is option E?

That is equivalent to choosing B "I have no desire to transition" since in choosing B you are rejecting A, C and D

Kittyagain
09-30-2011, 03:16 PM
A doesn't even make sense. What CDer doesn't have the desire to look and feel feminine?? If you don't have this desire what's the point of CDing?

I would think sexual excitement might be a large part of feeling feminine for some confusing the issue even more.

Kitty

Sophie86
09-30-2011, 03:24 PM
A doesn't even make sense. What CDer doesn't have the desire to look and feel feminine??

Jiveturkeyonrye (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?22528-JiveTurkeyOnRye) maybe? I don't know. There can't be many, right? On the other hand, there are plenty who don't want to be female. In some recent threads, people were conflating the latter with the former. The argument was something like: "People who don't want to transition say they don't dress to be feminine, but they're putting on makeup and adopting femme names, therefore, they must be in denial about their true desire." The poll shows that that's wrong. People who don't want to transition don't want to be female, but they are perfectly fine with being feminine. There may be a very few exceptions, but those are the guys who don't do the full dress up, and don't adopt the femme names.

where is option E?

That was option B. If you choose B instead of D, it is understood that A is false.