PDA

View Full Version : Some of the good things about being a TV

FionaO
09-26-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm talking here about being a transvestite, in particular one who enjoys dressing and looking as feminine as possible. I know that this does not apply to many people on this forum but it definitely applies to me as I can best speak from my own perspective.

Definitely the best thing for me is that I try as much as possible to maintain my appearance. I eat a very healthy diet and exercise on a very regular basis. I take very good care of my skin through taking baths with oils and moisturising daily and never use soap on my face. Even though I always wear wigs I also am very particular about my full head of very thick hair with very little grey. I have never smoked or did drugs and drink in moderation. Hence although I am in my late 50's I am always being complimented on my youthful appearance in boy mode and strangers assume I am in my early 40's. Hence due to my transvestism I am very fit and healthy.

We can definitely relate very well to women and they appreciate our company. I can talk easily to an attractive woman and compliment her on her clothes and appearance without her ever feeling that I am trying to hit on her (which I'm not). I have been married for 30 years and have never come close to being unfaithful. In a store a couple of days ago I told the very helpful young woman serving me who was around my daughters' age that I thought she had beautiful hair. She was really pleased and told me that she wished her own Dad would compliment her from time to time. I think I made her day and she certainly made mine.
We also have no problem buying feminine gifts for our wives and daughters such as dresses and jewellery, because we have taste for such things, know their sizes and are not embarassed that the sales assistant might think it is for ourselves since in many cases it often is. ("I was sure sir was in here last week and bought the exact same dress only two sizes bigger")

Unlike many GG's we don't need an occasion to buy a nice dress, if I see something I like at a reasonable price I buy it. I watched an episode of "Friends" once where the three girls got dressed up in wedding gowns and watched TV and drank beer just because it was so much fun. The point of the joke was that all girls would love to do it but don't. I own many wedding dresses (bought on ebay as real bargains, but that's another post) and have great fun getting all dressed up and watching TV and maybe a glass of wine. As I write this I am wearing a very pretty dress, nice lingerie, heels and all the accessories simply because it is so nice to look pretty. I think most girls would love to do this as well but do not want to seem frivilous. For example many GG's wear very beautiful and expensive lingerie that no-one but themselves will ever see.

I think I've written enough now, So what can you come up with.

Frédérique
09-27-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm talking here about being a transvestite, in particular one who enjoys dressing and looking as feminine as possible.

Hi, Fiona! To reiterate what I said (wrote) in Nesreen’s thread, I congratulate you for using the word “transvestite” to describe yourself – well done*! I am also a transvestite, or TV, a very small minority living within the American crossdresser/TG landscape (it seems). People have a hard time with this perfectly descriptive term, but let’s not get into THAT discussion. I enjoy dressing and looking as feminine as possible, the end result being a blessed state where I completely forget I’m a male. Do I feel feminine as well? Well, I don’t feel masculine, that’s for sure...
:doh:

Regarding your story about the three girls dressing in wedding gowns and drinking beer (or, in your case, wine), I wish to state I would enjoy dressing up this way, but the presence of staining liquids would frighten me! Maybe I’m too precious about my female clothing to be so playful with it. Not being serious about life is serious business, and dresses are fetishistic objects for this TV. I dress to relax (like right now) in female clothing that is functional, not frivolous, but on occasion I will dress to the nines as an end in itself. I wear many things that no one, other than me, will ever see, and I’m pleased to know I’m not alone. It is VERY nice to look (and feel) pretty as often as possible – pretty with a chance of beautiful, I would add...

I find it interesting (and telling) that your thread had not generated a response - until now, I mean. Where are all the TRANSVESTITES, and why are MtF crossdressers so frightened of this rather innocuous term? As far as I'm concerned, if you dress to the "nines," as I have already alluded to, you are a TV, no doubt about it, all (American) sexual connotations be damned...
:straightface:

LeaP
09-27-2011, 07:38 AM
The term is problematic in a number of ways. Wikipedia's history of the term is instructive:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transvestism

I don't like it because it seems to convey identity around the topic of dressing alone, besides being commonly understood as connoting something about sexuality, albeit in a vague manner.

Along lighter lines, I briefly read "TV" as "television"!

Lea

Cynthia Anne
09-27-2011, 08:00 AM
Hi Fiona! I think your attitude is very positive and commendable! I see nothing wrong with admiting that you are a transvestite! I know I'M A TRANSVESTITE and not afraid to admit it! Although in this busy world it's so much easeier and more acceptable to say cd or crossdresser!! It's sad that so many people think transvestite is a dirty word! Without further ado! I'M PROUD TO BE A transvestite! Hugs!

Dami
09-27-2011, 08:33 AM
My wife is a very educated woman, and she talks about me being a Transvestite when we talk about my crossdressing.
I think education is probably the key, I'm in the IT field and I deal with customers all day who use improper terminology and it drives me crazy sometimes, so I was pleasantly surprised when she used the term while describing me.
Wikipedia / Wiktionary is by no means always correct but in this case I believe they are.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/transvestite

Etymology
Latin trans- + vestite, form of vestiō (“I clothe, I dress”) (as in English vestment, vest).
Literally cross-dresser (cross + dress + -er = trans- + vest + -ite).
[edit] Noun
transvestite (plural transvestites)
1.A person who sometimes wears clothes traditionally worn by and associated with the opposite sex; typically a male who cross-dresses occasionally by habit or compulsion.
USAGE NOTES
Transvestite should not be confused with transgender or transsexual (“someone who lives as the sex opposite that of his or her birth”). Transvestites generally have lesser or no desire to permanently change their sex, but simply enjoy being able to cross-dress from time to time.

I am a Transvestite.

Dami

RachelPortugal
09-27-2011, 09:32 AM
I eat a very healthy diet ..... Hence due to my transvestism I am very fit and healthy.

Works for me as well. No TV dinners!

I am a Transvestite.

Dami

Me too!

Tina B.
09-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Back in the early 60's when I first heard the word Transvestite, taking the context it was used in, I thought I knew what it meant, but I tried to look it up in a dictionary, and it wasn't there, I broke it down, Trans- to cross over, vest-an article of clothing, the last just showed action of some sort, so I figured it meant a man that dresses in the clothes of the other gender, I was so happy to learn that there was a word that meant what I did, or was, it meant I'm not alone, there must be other, if it had a name. I was thrilled to know I was a transvestite. It was much latter when I heard that was a bad thing to call myself, but because it was the first word that told me I was not alone, I like the term always have, and I take it in the purest sense of the word. There is a large group that try to add other things to the meaning of the word, but not everyone agrees to what degree any more belongs on the meaning of the word.
I am a Transvestite, always have been, and will go to my grave a transvestite, as that lady with the funny nameSay'ss " I was born that way".
Oh, and I'm another one that feels most content is when I'm dressed and made up to be as feminine as I can be.
Tina B.

BLUE ORCHID
09-27-2011, 10:01 AM
What ever lable you want to put on me is up to you I dress in women's clothes and enjoy it.
Some times to the nines other times casual chick but never Walmart* casual (as in the people of Walmart*

Orchid

Karren H
09-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Back on topic..... I totally agree with you Fiona.... about being healthier... No other guy my age does what I don't do to fit into a size 10 lbd!! My friends are amazed I exercise so much and am always the one eating salads... But the net result is no mater what my motivation its working!!

Miss Maxine
09-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Being a tranny is great. I think all men should try some form of it, at least once. I joke around with my girlfriend by telling her how much more evolved women are, than men. My diet has improved, my posture has improved, my attitude towards both men and women has improved, and I smile a lot more...all because of crossdressing. I am a tranny and proud of it! ^_^

NicoleScott
09-27-2011, 11:16 AM
The thread seems to have come to a fork in the road: good things about being a TV and definitions (again?!?!). Regarding the first, yes, I know more things about girl stuff than most other guys. Definitions: I prefer to call myself a crossdresser, but since they mean exactly the same thing, I'll answer to transvestite.

bridgetta
09-27-2011, 12:37 PM
YES YES>. that is it for sure.. awareness of the body.. youthfullness as it pertains to taking care of oneself.. i said it before but on average woman live longer than men.. I cant help but think its because they are Doing things differently.. approaching life with a more conscious outlook....

Wendy W
09-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Excellent thread. I too have related very well to the feminine side of things that most "guys" would be clueless on. Other than being a little jealous that I can't always wear what a GG can wear on a daily basis, I also empathise what they go through in order to: take care of family, get ready for work, deal with the 'monthly' issue and all other things female.

Wendy

Dami
09-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Good things about being a TV
1. I don't hound my wife with "What the hell is taking you so long in there, it's time to go!" at least not anymore. :)
2. Me and my wife get to spend time together doing a lot of things we enjoy together, that before I kept bottled up. I.E. shopping for clothes, Makeup, & Shoes together. (I'm also a shopoholic.)
3. When I'm tired of being "Her" I get to go back to being "Him". (It happens!)
4. Just like everyone else I take better care of my body, both inside and out.

P.s. Sorry I didn't mean to hijack the thread earlier.

sissystephanie
09-27-2011, 02:33 PM
There is only one real definition for the word Transvestite!! That definition is; A person who dresses in the clothing of the opposite sex for sexual purposes!! And that definition is the same all over the world!! Anybody on this forum can certainly call themselves anything they want (as long as it is legal!), but at least be accurate in your definitions!! Those of you who call themselves Transvestites are more likely just crossdressers like me!!

NicoleScott
09-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Sorry, Stephanie, but you're just plain wrong. But to be fair, show your source for all of us to see.

Miss Maxine
09-27-2011, 02:40 PM
There is only one real definition for the word Transvestite!! That definition is; A person who dresses in the clothing of the opposite sex for sexual purposes!! And that definition is the same all over the world!! Anybody on this forum can certainly call themselves anything they want (as long as it is legal!), but at least be accurate in your definitions!! Those of you who call themselves Transvestites are more likely just crossdressers like me!!

Everything I do has a sexual purpose. What does that make me?

AndreaCD1963
09-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Everything I do has a sexual purpose. What does that make me?

A living, breathing, sexual being? (who happens to prefer femme clothing and appearance)

Miss Maxine
09-27-2011, 02:49 PM
A living, breathing, sexual being? (who happens to prefer femme clothing and appearance)
Roar!!! I am tranny! Prrr...