PDA

View Full Version : What is with dogs and wigs?

Kaitlyn26
09-27-2011, 06:25 PM
My dog always goes crazy when he see's me in a new wig. He doesn't seem to recognize me the first few times he see's a new one. Anyone else notice this?

Andrea's Lynne
09-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Hee-hee!! Mine is the same way but with high heels! ;) When I'm practicing walking in heels (in guy mode) my dog goes whacko!

5150 Girl
09-27-2011, 07:47 PM
My dogs stole one and made a nest out of it :(

Miss Maxine
09-27-2011, 07:49 PM
I can relate...when I see a wig I adore, I get so excited I don't know whether I should chew on the couch or pee on the carpet.

5150 Girl
09-27-2011, 08:06 PM
LOL!!! Maxine, THat is some first rate com-o-dy!

Miss Maxine
09-27-2011, 08:14 PM
LOL!!! Maxine, THat is some first rate com-o-dy!
Thank you, thank you! I'll be here, all week! Try the Purina!

Torrey
09-27-2011, 08:23 PM
I swear my dog AND cat prefer Torrey to the boy side...

Nicole Erin
09-27-2011, 08:37 PM
when I saw the title of this I thought it was gonna be about really non-passable CD's who wear Hannah Montana wigs.

Miss Maxine
09-27-2011, 08:38 PM
when I saw the title of this I thought it was gonna be about really non-passable CD's who wear Hannah Montana wigs.
Ya know! Mylie Cyrus isn't fooling me! That's a man, baby!

Sophie86
09-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Thank you, thank you! I'll be here, all week! Try the Purina!

:heehee:

My dog doesn't get upset. She's part beagle and part hound, so she's got these big brown eyes. She'll hang her head down and just stare up at me with an accusatory look. I caught her looking at me like that once when I was dressed, and I yelled at her: "Stop judging me!"

She looked away, but I could tell she was still thinkin' it.

Loretta
09-27-2011, 11:13 PM
When I crossdressed for a school function, my cats were the first one to see me.
They ran out of the room as fast as they could.

cassandra54
09-27-2011, 11:17 PM
i had a wig drying on a styrofoam head outside on the patio table. my dog walked up to the table, looked at it like she was scared and started barking at it. it was pretty funny.

Diane Smith
09-28-2011, 12:02 AM
My dog is way too smart to be fooled by a wig and heels. He knows it's still me and acts just the same.

Or maybe it's that he's just too dumb to notice.

- Diane

nikkijo
09-28-2011, 12:32 AM
:heehee:

My dog doesn't get upset. She's part beagle and part hound, so she's got these big brown eyes. She'll hang her head down and just stare up at me with an accusatory look. I caught her looking at me like that once when I was dressed, and I yelled at her: "Stop judging me!"

She looked away, but I could tell she was still thinkin' it.

thats a beagle for ya.....

Kaitlyn26
09-28-2011, 03:12 AM
I think the whole thing just goes to show that dogs may be more intelligent than we give them credit for. Mine is a German Shepard/Chow. Just a run down of my dog's reaction. Initial visual inspection, results in a bark. Further exploration after hearing and smelling me normally result in a less suspicious attitude, and finally after I talk to him by name and pet him, he lets go of the suspicion completely and knows that it is me. Deductive reasoning on the canine level. The scary thing is, cats are several times smarter than dogs, so I wonder what a cat is capable of, beyond what we've seen as being documented (which is pretty amazing). Yes, the average cat has the finger painting skills of a 5 year old human child. :)

noeleena
09-28-2011, 05:34 AM
Hi,

A different smell you dont smell right, or your trying to be some one else so let him / her smell what ever you have first before you try that on
other wise she stand next to ya & pee on ya to make sure your who you should be, he he ,marking it to be sure others know or sussing you out , did her hackles go up & tail stop wagging ears back....

...noeleena...

erickka
09-28-2011, 05:53 AM
Mine hate wigs or any hat other than a baseball cap!

siantv2003
09-28-2011, 06:12 AM
I can relate...when I see a wig I adore, I get so excited I don't know whether I should chew on the couch or pee on the carpet.

:laughing::rofl: You are too funny!

kristinacd55
09-28-2011, 06:14 AM
I don't have a dog, but one morning after I got home late...dropped my wig on my way upstairs and my cat took a nice nap on it! The wig was kind of ruined after that....lol

Nicole Erin
09-28-2011, 09:17 PM
My dog is way too smart to be fooled by a wig and heels. He knows it's still me and acts just the same.
Or maybe it's that he's just too dumb to notice.
- Diane

Dogs don't know people by their looks, dogs know people by the smell of their crotch.
So since we now know how dogs identify people -

A dog's ONLY worldky concern is - is there anything to eat, like maybe a neglected morsel from the master's dinner?

BLUE ORCHID
09-28-2011, 09:41 PM
My dog is not about to bite the hand that feeds her.

Orchid

Cynthia Anne
09-28-2011, 10:32 PM
My Buddy, [sorry I can't call him a dog] went for help when I fell and couldn't get up! Wigs don't bother him, but he enjoyed his T-bone steak while I ate a salad and baked patatoe! Hugs!

Asche
09-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Actually, Temple Grandin's book Animals in Translation talks about this sort of thing (though not in connection with CD-ing :) ). Her take on it is that animals (like autistic people) are "hyperspecific." They are very aware of the details and if something that has (in their experience) always been constant suddenly changes, they get anxious. To get an idea of what animals go through, imagine if you went out to your car one day and it was inexplicably a completely different color. You'd be pretty weirded out. Especially if there were no other differences (same stains, same trash on the floor, etc.)

If she's right, then if you wore a different wig every day, your dog would probably not be bothered by a new one. But if the old ones were similar in some respect, and you got one that differed in that respect (say, all the old ones were straight and the new one was curly), (s)he would flip out.