PDA

View Full Version : 3 different encounters on my walk.

JennyA
09-27-2011, 08:43 PM
I was walking home from looking for a job yesterday, around 4pm. Nothing much had happened at all. I had this group of 5 year old kids talk to me, they were funny.

Young Brother: "Hey lady do you have a daughter?"
Me: "Uh, no, I wish, maybe in another life."
Young Brother: "Do you have a girlfriend?"
Me: "Nah"
Young Brother: "A boyfriend?"
Me: "Nope"
Young Brother: "Your hair is really long"
Me: "I know, wait till you see it a year from now."
Young Brother: 'Are you a boy or a girl?"
Me: "Sorta both, someday a gal."

That was that conversation, he wasn't being mean, they all just seemed really curious.

Then later on this 25ish Brother pulls up to me on a bicycle. He has a weird mini-afro, a chin beard, evil yellow eyes, and a huge gold grill in his teeth.

Angry Brother: "Hey, what the **** are you dressed like a woman for?"
Me: "I'm sorry, not tryin ta make you mad, it's just who I am."
Angry Brother: "What makes you want to walk down the street like that?"
Me: "I don't understand why this is upsetting you. I didn't choose this."
Angry Brother: "Who made you think it was ok?"
Me: "Lady GaGa"
Angry Brother: "Get the **** outta here."
Me: "You asked, sorry."

I wasn't really scared of him at all, we were in broad daylight near a bus stop. If I had some sort of way of knowing that I would not see him at a later date down a sidestreet with his friends I would have asked him why he thought it was ok to have a grill in his mouth. It looked ridiculous.

So then I make it back to my own street and am walking home. This car pulls up, rolls down a window.

Horny guy: "Hey hey, can I hollar at ya a moment?"
Me: "Uh, sure."
Horny guy: "Can I give you a blow job?"
Me: "No thank you"

With that he drove off.

In 2003 I used to run my Dad's Pepperidge Farm cookie route, I remember driving the truck and being totally bored with the world and wishing that my days were less predictable and crazier just to make things different. I never wanted a cubicle job where every day melds into one and then all of the sudden 4 years have gone by.

I got my wish in spades. I have no idea what is going to occur when I leave the house.

Melody Moore
09-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Now Jenny - that is class - you handled these situations brilliantly and so confidently. So well done!

At the end of the day if they do try to make any issue out of anything then that person
usually ends up looking pretty darn stupid - especially if they piss someone like me or you
off. I haven't encountered this to the extent that you have. My only problems were in the
early days of my transition and those that did try to make an issue ended up being laughed
at by others who seen that it was them who had the real issues and not me. LOL.

I had a couple of incidents where males I knew tried to get a little to personal for my liking & when I
rejected them they got rude & obnoxious then tried to attack me - both times I ended those problems
as quickly as it began and both of the dicks both paid the price for picking on the wrong trans-woman. ;)

Even though I feel strong and am capable of defending myself, I wouldn't put myself in some if the situations you
are in. So I really admire your confidence and your strength to just get out there as the person you are and you
are not afraid to stand up to yourself. So my hat is off to you, but damn you worry the crap out of me sometimes.
:hugs:

Jay Cee
09-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Looks like the expression "May you live in interesting times" applies to you in spades, Jenny. I admire your tact and your courage.