PDA

View Full Version : HRT for me!!!

michel
10-14-2005, 11:19 PM
Hi Gals, I just started on HRT today. Im wondering just what to expect,and how long til I see or feet any changes?? Im on 1.25mg premerin 2 times a day and spironoloctone 50mg two times a day, I cant wait, Im dressed up in a sexy baby doll waiting,Ha,!!!

Sharon
10-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Hi Michel, I moved your thread to this forum since I feel that you will probably get more informed responses here.

In my opinion, however, these are questions you should have posed to your doctor, assuming, of course, the medication was prescribed to you.

Lauren415
10-14-2005, 11:31 PM
yeah, lucky you

Natasha Anne
10-15-2005, 02:04 AM
Welcome to the club.

You started out on a stronger prescription than my "upgraded" prescription from 3 months in. South Africa and the UK are way more conservative with their approaches.

It took about a month before anything noticeable happened to me, and that was really people commenting on me "losing weight" rather than me noticing anything specific.

Be sure to take a photograph of your face and body. I wish I had done so, because if you do that every month in the same lighting and environment you'll quickly be able to determine if your face or body has changed.

You can also start measuring yourself.

Most of all, be patient. I'm in a rush too, asI think we all are, but after nearly 4 months I can suggest the patience is needed.

Remember the same results are achieved on stronger hormones, as they are on lower dosages, although the changes may take a bit longer on lower dosages, so do not be tempted to double-up your prescription or take additional herbals. You don't want to kill yourself with a blood clot or worse, because you couldn't wait.

I check my blood pressure, weight and body fat% at the gym at least twice a week. All of them are good. I'd suggest you do the same. One symptom I noticed at the beginning of HRT was that my blood pressure dropped slightly, and that for a week or two I felt a bit odd. As my body got used to the regimen, it recovered.

Good luck, and enjoy the ride. Watch your emotions, and make sure you don't end up being bitchy.

michel
10-15-2005, 08:41 AM
Thanks gals, I did talk to my doctor! Just wanted to see how they are working for others, Tell me all you can, Thanks

Julie
10-15-2005, 07:03 PM
I experienced very poor results from orals. After two months I had gone from 1 mg estradiol to 4 mg and my estrogen hardly changed. The doctor was stumped. When I went to transdermal I had better results.

A friend of mine went from orals to injectables and was amazed at the difference! She injects herself once a week and is having excellent results.

clairelowe83
10-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Hi Gals, I just started on HRT today. Im wondering just what to expect,and how long til I see or feet any changes?? Im on 1.25mg premerin 2 times a day and spironoloctone 50mg two times a day, I cant wait, Im dressed up in a sexy baby doll waiting,Ha,!!!

congrats!

i first went to the doctor about this back in january & im STILL waiting to begin treatment (seeing my 'therapist' about it on oct 25th).
i wish i had a credit card so i could buy online. ive been using crappy herbals, the 'dianette' birth control pill (which has worked quite well).
whilst ive been waiting ive pretty much gone as far as i can as far as my voice is complete, my laser is more or less done, i did the 'coming out' talks 6+ months ago, i've changed my name by deed poll lol- if that's not enough to be given the go ahead for hormone treatment then i don't know what is! my dress sense has always been 'androgynous' if you wanna call it that so i haven't had to make any radical alterations (same with make-up), though it's kinda obvious that i'm 50/50 haha ;p

anyways, stay sensible with your dosage if you're buying online.

claire x

ps- hi everyone!

michel
10-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Hi Ive been taking mine as perscribed, And Im new at it , He He I keep checking the mirror, silly me, I cant wait to feel the changes notmjust see them , Will my hips get more shaply?? Will I and how about shaving the adams apple? Any advice on that?? Love

MarieTS
10-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Michel, you won't notice anything right away. The Dr. started me off with an injection in the office and daily orals of 100 MG spiro and 3 mg estradiol. After about six weeks I noticed that I began to feel more sentimental and weepy. Also, my skin began to feel much softer. My breasts are just beginning to bud and become noticeable, though not even a single cup size change yet. That will take awhile, but I'm very content so far.
As for your hips, past puberty you won't see any structural changes in the hips because your bones are already developed. But after 5 months I'm beginning to notice a repositioning of baby fat from my tummy to my fanny.
Most importantly, after awhile you'll feel better about yourself... more natural, the way you were intended to feel.
Good luck, and keep your appointments with your Dr., preferably an endocrinologist.