PDA

View Full Version : I got Hey Hey'd tonight

KatieZ
10-15-2005, 01:37 AM
I have made some recent posts about venturing out. I wasn't going to continue posting about that because it is getting to be so natural now.

However something happened tonight that fortunately turned out all right, but it was a little scarey while it was happening.

I went out to the club in Springfield again and the evening past without incident. Just sat there chatting to the few new friends I've made and about midnight I left. I wanted to make it a somewhat early night as I have tickets for the OSU game tomorrow.
So I leave and think wow it's a nice night out and here I am all dressed up with the best makeup job I have ever done. So I think I'll just go for a short walk.

I drive up to a nice section of town that is mostly residential and park 2 blocks off of Limestone. Limestone is the main drag in Springfield. So I get out and walk up to Limestone and then walk down Limestone with the oncoming traffic at my back. I go 2 blocks and cross the street and head back. It felt so good watching cars zip by and them not knowing I was a guy I decided to continue on. So I go another 4 blocks to a traffic light to cross back again. I hit the button to change the light and it changes immediatly. Cars in all four lanes at this point and all stopped so little ol' me can cross. So I put on my best wiggle and crossed on over. No problem. I get to the other side and the light changes and traffic goes and I head back towards my car. Now I am in front of a school and there are some buisness up ahead. No houses to run to if I get in trouble. And the next thing I hear is "HEY HEY"
Crap! I look out the corner of my eye and see some dumb hillbilly in a raggedy old pickup truck wearing a white t-shirt. I ignore him and keep on walking. I'm about 1/2 a block from a Donato's pizza place when I notice a vehicle pull up beside me and slow right down. A voice says "Where you going" Double Crap!! Being the lady I am I just looked the other way and kept on walking. Thank god he drove on. That's right it was hillbilly bob again. And he turns up the street I'm parked on. So I keep a sharp eye out for him and get near the pizza place and slow down. At least I got a place to duck into if I have to. I'm right in front of Donatos when he appears again. So I stopped and looked in and inched toward the door as he drove by. I can see him in the reflection in the window checking me out. I watch as he goes by and he turns up a side street. I abandoned my girlish stroll and beat feet to the street where I was parked and was ready to head up to any house like it was mine if he showed again. He didn't and I got back to the car safely and left town.

I imagine most GGs go through BS like this and that is a shame that there are idiots out there like that. A girl has to be particularly careful out there. Rape is too common a thing.

If it had come to a confrontation, I figure I had the advantage of surprise. Although I was wearing a denim skirt that was just above my knees and ankle strap pumps, (not exactly prime fighting wear) I still would have had one good clean shot when he realized I was a guy. Just real glad it didn't come to that.

What would have been worse is if it had been a car load of fri night drunks egging each other on.

Upon reflection I see some do's and don'ts in this.

Do continue to be yourself. We have every right to venture out into public if we have a mind to.
Don't Walk around at night on a weekend when there is a higher probability of drunks out. Try Monday or Tues night instead.
Don't walk the streets late at night unless you are in a completely residential neighbor hood. You can get your keys out and walk up to "your" door if someone tries to pick you up. They will most likely leave unless they are planning rape. In that case scream FIRE!

Anyway overall it was a pleasent evening and all ended well. And most likely if he had seen that I was a guy in a dress he probably would have just freaked out and left. Never a dull moment for a guy in dress. :)

Hugs

Kierci
10-15-2005, 01:56 AM
Damn Girl, sounds like you had the biggest fear of a good number of us, I wouldn't mind a guy hitting on me but in a vehicle and drunk doesn't sound like my idea of a good relaxing stroll. Good job on keeping your Kool!!!!

Now having said that. NO PICTURES? HMMM shame shame shame !!!!

:doh:

KatieZ
10-15-2005, 02:29 AM
Now having said that. NO PICTURES? HMMM shame shame shame !!!!
:doh:

Unlike my mirror, my camera LIES!! :D

Hugs

Lauren_T
10-15-2005, 03:47 AM
A valuable experience.
Does kinda 'bring home' a bit of the crap GGs get subjected to by men...

Never a dull moment for a guy in dress. :)
I think you just might've coined the first official CDing slogan! :D I've just gotta put that on a (pink) t-shirt! ...with STR8&FMN8 on the back... :p

ChrissyCrossedLegs
10-15-2005, 05:11 AM
If it makes you feel any better, due to circumstances that would take far to long to explain, I too go for similar walks at night, but usually along our sea front, drive down there, then walk along for a short distance.. never meet anyone, always go late at night.
Well I am not someone who regularly gets the local newspaper - why is this important? Well newspapers in our town carry one very important bit of information... something I will come to shortly.
Few weeks back I did as above, got myself to my normal quiet spot and it was full of cars, and this is at 12.30 at night! GGRRRrr thinks me.. not going home.. go somewhere else.. further north... travel along sea front..
Finds really nice spot that I know from having walked the dogs there - park up - cross over the road onto the sea front. At this point I hear the sea - silly thing to say you might think - but where we live when the sea goes out, which it seems to a lot - man does it go out... but it was in.. all the way in.. and this information I could have got from the paper.
Now everyone reading this is bored stiff I can tell.. but be patient with me... I start walking along the sea front which is raised, almost cliff like, and I start to walk towards one of the paths down to the sea wall...
It's totally pitch black, you can't see the hand in front of your face... and the only sound I could hear at the time was my 4' stilletto heels crashing on the tarmac....
Wait a minute though.. what's that on the wall.. about 100 feet in front of me.. stop Sammy.. .. there's another one.. and another.. little tiny tiny lights.. what on earth are they..
When about 30 of these little tiny lights all turn to face me, all at once... it dawns on me that the only thing this can possibly be, is those head lights that fishermen wear at nights on their heads! ALL THIRTY OF THEM!
Time for one VERY sharp exit!
I did escape before any of them could follow me up the hill, but it taught me a lesson I will never forget.. BUY A PAPER!
Hope it was worth the read
SammyJo

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-15-2005, 10:28 AM
Do continue to be yourself. We have every right to venture out into public if we have a mind to.
Don't Walk around at night on a weekend when there is a higher probability of drunks out. Try Monday or Tues night instead.
Don't walk the streets late at night unless you are in a completely residential neighbor hood. You can get your keys out and walk up to "your" door if someone tries to pick you up. They will most likely leave unless they are planning rape. In that case scream FIRE!

I'm glad you had a pleasant evening despite the scare. While I don't think CDing always builds empathy for what being a GG is really like, safety consciousness definitely is one of those epithanies.

It was one think to have read the safety tips for women and have GG friends ask me to walk them out to their cars -- it was whole other thing to have a guy circle round back toward me as I was going to my car after clubbing one evening. (Nothing bad happened, I got in the car long before he got near me, but....)

As Sammy Jo said, it does pay to be prepared, including knowing what might be going on locally.

Kaitlyn Michele
10-15-2005, 10:44 AM
great stories girls!!! keep em coming!!!

i can remember many years ago i was lurking around the parking lot of my motel and there was a similar type guy, cursing out his car..its was freezing cold and i was all bundled up so he couldnt see my face. and he said something to the effect of hey honey help me out here and then called me a bitch...that was very scary but kinda fun