PDA

View Full Version : One small step for a CrossDresser...

Shannon
10-15-2005, 02:10 AM
... one wonderful strut for Shannon!

FINALLY -- I went out en femme this evening -- a little mini adventure to the gas station and ATM -- but I did it!! This is the first time I ever left my house dressed up. And I have the support, encouragement and others stories for this forum to thank.

Yesterday I decided that I would dress up and go out this evening on a little mini-adventure -- just to start feeling comfortable.

I started with a warm bubble bath, with lots of candles burning. Shaved my legs and underarms and touched up my chest (I've been doing laser hair removal on my chest and back for 18 months, so not much left). I tired some new makeup -- the foundation ended up being a bit darker than I thought it was going to be.

I dressed up in a black lace, full coverage bra and matching panties, slipped on a new pair of Hanes Silk Reflections Barely Black pantyhose, and inserted my breast forms. Then I slipped on a new print blouse and black skirt I bought at Loehmans. On went my wig followed by my 3-inch black heels, and finished with some press-on nails and a spritz of perfume.

Looking in the mirror, I decided that the blouse made me look a bit more "matronly" that I wanted, and it is definitely, at almost 54 years old, time to get shorter-length wigs! So I wasn't perfect for my first adventure out; oh well.

In my garage, I practiced getting in and out of my car a few times, remembering to swing my legs out. When I thought I had it down, I sent the garage door up, turned on the ignition, and drove away. Made it to my usual gas station in 5 minutes. I pulled up to a pump. Grabbed my purse with my keys, wallet and credit card, opened the door, and I was out.

As I was returning to my car door after starting the gasoline pump, a lady, walking in the opposite direction, passed me. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back--actually hoping that she had me figured out. I felt proud!

From there is was to the ATM for cash. Nothing exciting there.

I was back home after driving around for a while longer....actually enjoying the experience and looking forward to the next time.

Thanks to all of you who shared your stories and for being here.

Tracy Lynn
10-15-2005, 02:13 AM
Good for you Shannon. I bet it felt wonderful.

Lauren_T
10-15-2005, 03:19 AM
Shannon, I really do love it every time I see another gel getting to savour that most excellent rush that comes from stepping out...:thumbsup: :D

RandiCD
10-15-2005, 04:38 AM
wow!, great job:thumbsup: , something iam afraid ill never do, iam jelious

ChrissyCrossedLegs
10-15-2005, 05:45 AM
Shannon, WTG girl.. WTG!
What you did is about all I ever get up to, no clubs, pubs etc.. just a quiet drove out at night, but it keeps me happy and it gives you a sence of what others experience while out... hope you don't stop where you are.. in your time press on girl.. but be happy that the brick wall that was for so long in front of you.. lies crumbled in a heap...
Hugz
SammyJo

Kimberly
10-15-2005, 05:53 AM
YAY!!

xxx

Elinor
10-15-2005, 06:18 AM
One small step for man one Giant step for his femininity. WELL DONE GIRL!

We are all proud of you.

KatieZ
10-15-2005, 07:00 AM
You go girl!!!

That had to be a real confidence booster for you.

What with the laser hair removel, breast forms, wig, and fashion sense you have, I'll bet by this time next year you are a regular at a local club out your way.

Hugs

pedebra
10-15-2005, 07:03 AM
That's fantastic, Shannon!
The first time out is the hardest. Each time you feel more natural and a little braver. Congaratulations.

Debra

Emily Ann Brown
10-15-2005, 07:07 AM
HIP HIP HURRAY !!!!!!!

You know we'll never be able to keep you home again....way to go girl.

Emily Ann

Becky Blue
10-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Know the feeling!!! the genie is out of the bottle now so to speak.

Wendy me
10-15-2005, 09:33 AM
way cool that frist time out is a rush .... and it sounds like it went rather well ....hope you have manny more....

Shannon
10-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Thank you all very much for your support, advice, encouragement and friendship -- it means so very much to me.

jolien
10-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Way to go Shannon. If you're looking for suggestions, I have found a couple of fairly safe things to do while out. Try going to a pop machine that is outside, or getting a newspaper from an outside machine. This way you are outside, without having to go into a store or something, and yet you still have a purpose, so it appears that you belong. I am getting ready to buy a few more sodas and newspapers tonight myself. Just thought it might help.

urban gypsy
10-15-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm so pleased for you Shannon,
I hope you have many many more adventures and keep sharing them with us.

Rachel Morley
10-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Hi Shannon,

Well done! It feels great doesn't it? I remember the first time I went out for a drive in the car and a walk across a parking lot, the feeling of "escape" was awesome....I imagine it was the same for you too :)

Of course, now that you've done it once and it was a good feeling, you know what's going to happen now don't you? Yep, you are gonna wanna do it more and more....and you should. Give yourself permission to be yourself...err...if you know what I mean :p

Sherlyn
10-15-2005, 04:14 PM
good for you shannon ...tis a great feeling eh ..it will get easier from now on ...and as for me takes just 1 great experience too insert confidence with ones self ....:)

Sharon
10-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Very cool, Shannon, and congratulations on your first adventure!
And I don't think you're too old for long hair. You look lovely!:)

Trinity_cat
10-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Very cool, Shannon, and congratulations on your first adventure!
And I don't think you're too old for long hair. You look lovely!:)
What she says, but with more feeling.

(sorry sharon, couldn't resist it)

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-15-2005, 05:21 PM
You go girl! :cheer: The first time is always the hardest. Have fun on your next adventure.

charliegg
10-15-2005, 07:34 PM
I think you are very brave to go out. It was something Katie has wanted to do for a long time and we eventually plucked up the courage to go out in the car. I was so nervous, probably as much as Katie, but it had to be done.

I wouldn't say I was comfortable with it but it was certainly a big buzz.

paulaN
10-15-2005, 07:56 PM
way to go, I hope you have many more little adventures in the near future. It's just so cool isn't it. And I am glad this forum has helped you do it. congrats.

rexy
10-15-2005, 08:14 PM
good for you girl!! it will get easier each time.:) :)