PDA

View Full Version : My aunt walks in to my room. Cue her givng me a blue/black sequined dress & jacket.

Loretta
09-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Along with a pair of heels that belonged to my cousin before she moved out.
She just walked into my room and said, "Here, I thought you'd like these, since I'm cleaning out my closet." Then she smiled and left.
I was floored.

Toni Citara
09-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Very cool of her to do that!

SusanLCD
09-28-2011, 11:00 PM
That is great! But, lots of gaps in this for me.

Do you live with your aunt or was she visiting your home? Had you already told her of your CDing or has she simply figured it out for herself? Does your cousin know? Any chance that any of the items will fit you?

Inquiring minds want to know.

docrobbysherry
09-28-2011, 11:03 PM

Do you live with your aunt or was she visiting your home? Had you already told her of your CDing or has she simply figured it out for herself? Does your cousin know? Any chance that any of the items will fit you?

An add to what Susan said. There's sequined dresses and then there r SEQUINED DRESSES! I see so many that look hot at thrift stores from a distance. Then, up close, they're cut for grannies! How OLD is your aunt?

Loretta
09-28-2011, 11:04 PM

I live with my parents, who live with my aunt and uncle.
I told her of my CD'ing before a faux drag pageant for the Relay for life, and she turned the car around and bought me a pair of peep-toe wedges.
She's very supportive, but my cousin doesn't know. She moved out a while ago, and left a few boxes of things behind, including a small box of shoes, heels, and wedges.
All of it fits very well, and my natural 40 Cs fill out the bust of the dress quite nicely. The heels are 4 inches, so they're a little hard to walk in.
The shoes are a blue/black velveteen/suede material and they're very comfortable.

Loretta
09-28-2011, 11:05 PM
An add to what Susan said. There's sequined dresses and then there r SEQUINED DRESSES! I see so many that look hot at thrift stores from a distance. Then, up close, they're cut for grannies! How OLD is your aunt?
Well, she's 50. But she looks around 30, and dresses like she's 25.
She's the best looking person I know.

docrobbysherry
09-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Well, she's 50. But she looks around 30, and dresses like she's 25.
She's the best looking person I know.

Ok, Loretta. The "4" heels" says it ALL for me! I'll bet everything to do with your aunt ROCKS! Lucky u!

cassandra54
09-28-2011, 11:36 PM
she can adopt me if she wants

Cynthia Anne
09-28-2011, 11:52 PM
If your aunt looks anything like you then she is as beautiful on the outside as she is on the inside! Hugs!

SarahLynn
09-28-2011, 11:53 PM
.... The heels are 4 inches, so they're a little hard to walk in.
The shoes are a blue/black velveteen/suede material and they're very comfortable.

Practice and you will be dancing in them in no time.

SarahLynn

Loretta
09-29-2011, 12:28 PM
I woke up this morning and found a gold choker on my desk.
I asked my aunt about it, and she said it was hers, but she figured I could get more use out of it than her.

SamanthaS
09-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Wow, sounds like my aunt :)

SusanLCD
09-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Thank you, Loretta, for filling in the details. We'll all be able to sleep, tonight. :-)

Your aunt sounds like one great lady and you are a lucky girl to have her support.

carhill2mn
09-29-2011, 02:43 PM
How fortunate you are to have such a great aunt!

DebbieL
09-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Along with a pair of heels that belonged to my cousin before she moved out.
She just walked into my room and said, "Here, I thought you'd like these, since I'm cleaning out my closet." Then she smiled and left.
I was floored.

It sounds like your aunt may be a powerful support for you. It sounds like more people than you may know, are aware of your desire to dress. Your aunt may be the tip of the iceberg. I'm glad you have someone who is willing to support you, and willing to break it to you discretely. You might even want to talk to your aunt and let her know how much you appreciate not only her gifts, but also her support. Many are aware of our feminine traits even when were drab, but they are often afraid to bring it up for fear of offending you.

Tina B.
09-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Loretta, from your post on here since telling the family, I would say you have had no stronger supporter than your aunt, she is a wonderful lady, and you are very lucky to have her. She knows you are young, and I doubt that she would give you a dress that would make you look anything but beautiful. As far as the 4" heels, well girl get them on your feet and practice until you master them you will love it! And now a gold necklace, I want your aunt to be my aunt.lol
Tina B.