PDA

View Full Version : Just some happy thoughts (LOOOOOOOONG POST)

Andrea85
09-29-2011, 05:17 AM
.................................................. .......................................

Belinda Gail
09-29-2011, 06:27 AM
I am so happy for you Andrea. yes it does sound like true love for both of you. Time for wedding dress shopping. Do I hear bells? I wish you and Chris all the best.

Kaitlyn Michele
09-29-2011, 08:17 AM
:hugs:

I hear you Andrea

I'm glad you are feeling good about things! That's the whole point

Andrea85
09-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Thanks you two. It feels great for things to be going so well finally. :)

Bree-asaurus
09-29-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm glad you found someone you really care about and that really cares about you :) It's nice seeing happy posts like yours. My BF and I are doing well too... I keep thinking about getting married (and we've talked about it) but I think we need to get more stable financially before that happens... and I want to be able to talk in my nice girly voice at my wedding.

You're voice will get better, but you have to practice. I've been practicing for a year and have a good voice, but I'm too nervous to use it in front of people. I'm working with my boyfriend trying to use it in front of him, but it's slow going.

I know how you feel with that giving you low self esteem. I also know what it's like to be so scared of sounding stupid that you put off working on it. But it's my guy voice that really sounds stupid :P

boardpuppy
09-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi Andrea, I can tell your emotions are flying as high as a kite. You are in a good place but do work on your voice......I also understand about the downer caaused by the voice thing, I'm there also. How about more details about Chris when you have time, has to rush.
Alice

Andrea85
09-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks Bree. I've been through so many abusive relationships that it's nice having a good one finally. I'm glad you and your guy are doing well. Speaking of wanting to be able to talk in a girly voice at the wedding, I think that would hold off a marriage for me. That's one of the many reason I really want to change my voice.

IF you wouldn't care to, please PM me about what technique you're using. I've seen so many out there I don't even know where to begin.

Melody Moore
09-30-2011, 03:28 AM
I guess I must be old or something, or call me 'cautious', but I could never be so trusting with anyone I
have only just met and give my heart and emotions away too quickly especially to someone I met online.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that you cannot find true love online, but so far it has just turned up
a lot of toads that noone really wants anything to do with. And trust me, there are LOTS of them out there. :yucky:

Also my experience has taught me that in every relationship there is the 'honeymoon' period you go through
where it is all simply perfect, but it is when the honeymoon is over that scares me the most. And there is also
something else I try to get a good understanding on before I ever go investing any real emotions into someone,
and that is "Why is this person single, if they are really such a good catch?" This was one very valuable lesson
I learned when I married my 33 year old ex-wife who came from the USA for me only to find out after I said "I do"
that I was no doubt destined to become ex-husband No 5!!! The woman I married used men like stepping stones
to escape her problems and in this case she used me to escape the mess she created for herself back in Kansas.

Once she got her Australian Residency the honeymoon was instantly all over and she turned into a 'super-bitch'
who demanded that "Everything had to be her way, or it was the highway for me". It was then I realised that I
was deeply in love with a woman who had full intentions of just using me from the 'get go'. The last couple of years
of that marriage were absolute hell while I didn't show outwardly how the whole situation was really affecting me.

For example when she threatened to leave, my reply was "Well don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out".
I could see that she was was trying to make me feel like "I was walking on eggshells" and because I did give away my
heart & emotions, despite the outward appearance that it wasn't affecting me, it was devastating me on the inside.

So I guess what my main point is to always "Keep something of yourself for yourself" because if that person you fell so
hard for walks away and leaves you, then it can feel like they took a huge part of you with the - usually it is your heart.

If you have snagged a good fish here then all fair & good, but please don't get hurt or feel disappointed if things don't
work out as you expected. Generally I expect to be let down & disappointed by people, so being prepared like this has
helped me to roll with the punches in life & bounce straight back up & to get back on my feet again.:Punch:
So here is hoping that regardless of whatever happens here Andrea, that everything works out the way it should for you. :hugs: