PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok contacts and things to do

linda.wai
09-29-2011, 08:39 AM
I've asked this a while ago but please let me rephrase the question.
I'm going off to Bangkok to check out the situation for SRS before doing it in early 2012.

Which hospital can I arrange to visit?
Are there any tgirls there whom I could meet and talk to and get to know the TG scene there for Westerners?
Any place I could go to meet other SRS minded Tgirls?

Thanks

kellycan27
09-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Since you say that you are planning on having SRS early next year I assume that you already have a doctor in mind? If so I would think that visiting the hospital where your procedure will take place might be best. If you have yet to choose a doctor, your best bet (just my opinion) would be to research "him" first, and the hospital second.
Bangkok is loaded with "ts" friendly clubs and bars.... some of them are okay, and some are quite seedy. I have been to Thailand 3 times and have never had a problem, but I didn't venture out or go to the clubs by myself at night. Most of the clubs i visited had a ton of westerners and Europeans that were TS minded (mostly men). LOL There will undoubtedly be a few TS minded girls at some of the clubs.. approaching them will be up to you. I never ran across any particular place where western TS girls congregated so it might be a case of hit or miss............ Don't know what else to tell you, but just as you would in any strange place.. Be careful when out at night, and good luck!

Kelly

CharleneT
09-29-2011, 12:08 PM
The top docs in Thailand are spread out, not just in Bangkok. They are quite far apart too. I believe you could visit any of their facilities - with some prior arrangement. While there, they may be willing to connect you up with current patients. About a week after surgery, most will be off in a hotel somewhere. Those are also worth taking a peek at.

I agree with Kelly though, I'd pick your doc first. All the after care I know of there is great.

linda.wai
09-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the advice. Yet, I'm not going for SRS yet. I just want to explore the place and know about the transgendered culture. I'm Australian Chinese so that might mean some affinity to the Thai culture. I just want to experience how I would feel as a transgender woman in Thailand as I am considering relocating there pre and post op.

So, my questions are:
Where to meet English speaking tgirls in Thailand?
How could I get to know more about the transgender lifestyle in Thailand?

Thanks

CharleneT
09-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Sorry, miss-understood your questions. I do not know much about the resident T community in Thailand. There is quite a large population of transgendered folks though. The docs I know of mostly have foreign patients ( mine told me around 70% of his patients are from somewhere else). Still, they may be the best starting point for finding out where you could meet with resident trans folks. Those docs do the "work", so they may know how to find who you are looking for. Do remember that in Thailand transsexuals come in many types, the most well known are the "lady boys". But they are a pretty specialized group, mostly entertainers. I can tell you that while in Bangkok I frequently spotted western TS folks who appeared to be residents ( did not look like tourists ). Good luck in your search !!

ps I ran into a couple of lady boys during the day time (shopping for groceries). They were dressed very androgynously, although pretty easy to spot. Locals told me that is normal, they "dress up" at night mostly. Neither of the two I met spoke english.