PDA

View Full Version : Bridesmaid or Wedding dress -- at wedding

Asche
09-29-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only GM here who thinks that a lot of wedding and bridesmaid's dresses are to die for.

So I couldn't help wondering:

Have there been weddings where either (a) the groom wore a wedding dress or (b) a GM was one of the bridesmaids and wore a bridesmaid's dress?

I'm not including GMs who are living as female 24/7, such as trans women, since one would expect them to wear dresses. I'm also not counting mock weddings.

On the one hand, I'm sure a lot of people here have fantasized about it. On the other hand, even if the bride and groom both like the idea, any wedding big enough to not count as eloping is likely to involve some people (esp. family) who are going to be really weirded out by it, to the point that it would overshadow the point of a wedding: two people committing to being a permanent couple.

But then, there have been a lot of very strange wedding ceremonies. (While skydiving, on a surfboard, ....)

Kathi Lake
09-29-2011, 02:30 PM
I have seen a few anecdotal stories (that I believe were actually not fantasies) of this happening; A close brother/sister bond figured in one, and lifelong friends in another. Understandably, there have been more stories of flower girls that weren't actually girls.

Meanwhile, I have let a few friends of mine know that if they happen to need a very different sort of bridesmaid, . . .

:)

Kathi

Toni Citara
09-29-2011, 02:36 PM
I think it would be a lot of fun to be one of the bride's maids!! I've been to over 100 weddings and receptions and never once seen a guy in a dress in the bride's maids group.

Jane P
09-29-2011, 03:55 PM
One of my sisters asked me to stand up for her at her wedding. Guess what I wore? That's right.... a suit and tie. It's probably the closest I'll come to ever being in that situation though. I was honored that she asked me over my other sisters.

kimdl93
09-29-2011, 03:55 PM
I have to tell you - I no interest or fantasies involving weddings, period. My first marriage had all the usual trappings - and we looked like a bunch of kids playing dressup. My second marriage was a far more restrained affair, focused on the mature union of two adults witnessed by our family and friends, rather than an overindulgent spectacle. I'd love to wear the lingerie - but the dresses - nah.

BillieJoEllen
09-29-2011, 03:57 PM
I have a large extended family and over the years a large portion of them have put on 'mock' weddings. A few of them repeated their vows and at others they celebrated other things. The men wore wedding dresses and the women donned tuxs or suits. I always felt funny at these things because of my own issues with crossdressing. A few people at these 'weddings' know that I CD. I've never participated but would eventually love to be a 'bride'.

sissystephanie
09-29-2011, 04:54 PM
My late wife knew that I was a CD when we got engaged, and fully supported me! We did wear matching white silk lingerie at the wedding!! But a wedding dress or bridesmaid dress, No Thanks!!

BRANDYJ
09-29-2011, 05:22 PM
I have heard of some weddings where the groom wore the wedding dress. I know I'd love to be wearing a wedding gown when my SO and I exchange our vows of committment and love as life partners. (not marriage for tax and insurance reasons) Of course it would be very [private wiht only knowing friends in attendence if it ever happens. I've always loved the look of the bride in long flowiong formal gowns. Always wanted to wear one.....some day...sigh.

britneyb
09-29-2011, 06:09 PM
one of the reasons I like dressing as a girl now is because me and my sister dressed as flower girls for my moms 2ed marriage. the only thing was i didn't get to have it on during the wedding, just at home :-( And the dress she had was really for my cousin, but I got to be a stand in.

Marie-Elise
09-30-2011, 07:25 AM
What movie is the black and white clip from? Sounds like a Russian film.

t-girlxsophie
09-30-2011, 07:40 AM
A cpl of years back there was a Wedding where the groom Appeared in his best suit as normal,but when the Happy Couple turned up at the Reception,He appeared in front of the guests As the Blushing Bride,not one of his friends of relatives had an Inkling that he was a Crossdresser.Was a big story over here on Various Daytime TV shows

Sophie

SatinSarah
09-30-2011, 07:52 AM
I must admit to wanting to dress at a wedding. It is something that has grown on me in recent years and mow I can't pass a wedding dress shop without imagining wearing something so pretty. There was a TV husbands sjmy programme a couple of years ago where a TV came out for the reception in a wedding dress. It's available on YouTube. I was vert jelous. I think it is the same for me when we go to black tie events. I am very jealous of the off the shoulder evening dresses. Thus is what I dress for - evenings of getting dressed up in the prettiest dresses and gorgeous make up. A wedding is the pinnacle of that fantasy now.

Sophie_C
09-30-2011, 08:18 AM
I'm not feeling like searching the site, but there's been a number of unconventional weddings (gg's marrying cd's in full clothing) with bridesmaids being dressed and a far lesser amount of weddings where a bridesmaid has been a cd in the same outfits as the gg's on it. I think there were maybe three referred to, with someone on the site going to be in one some time in the near future? Anyway, just like any wedding party, it's all about the relationship between the bridesmaids and the bride and if the bride is an amazing woman and really close to a crossdresser and supportive of them (especially important if they're approaching passibility), it can happen. It's just extremely rare.