PDA

View Full Version : Hitting a wall (or a ceiling)

NathalieX66
09-29-2011, 06:33 PM
The old joke: What's the difference between a crossdresser and a trassexual? Answer: Two years.........meaning transition.

My two years is up.

I've been a cd'er since I was 8. I went into hiding,and I purged, and then I went into self-acceptance, and now I'm out, except for my professional life. I always loved the fashion choices women have, particularly how women express themselves on a day-to-day level. I'm just so jealous. There's definitely a transgender aspect of expressing myself.

I've been to two TG conferences this year: Keystone and SCC, and I had a blast at both of them . What was great was the fact that both conferences gave me a good indication of who I am by meeting others. The same goes with the dozens of TG events I've attended within the last two years.

I have met many....definitely more than three dozen girls that I became friends with that are going through, or have gone through verious stages of transition (hormones, surgeries, hair removal, etc), all are wonderful and exceptional people, every one of them. ........love you all! :huggles

In my case, I'm very happy with my male self....and love to live my female part as much as possible. I guess I'm one of those CD'ers that never made it over the edge of the blade of turning into full time or transition. It's a very real situation for some.

What I don't want to see is the division between CD'ers, and TS. Just because some of us arent' popping pills, doing shots or patches, or going under the knife doesn't make us any less as people. I saw nothing but unity at these conferences. gender is a spectrum, it's just that simple.

Anyway, enough of my rant. :wine:

Anne2345
09-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Nice rant! I hope you feel better! And you tell a very nice, heart warming story . . . . It would be nice if we could just all get along! :)

gender is a spectrum, it's just that simple.

I really like how you put this . . . . Very well done!

docrobbysherry
09-29-2011, 08:33 PM
The fact is, we DON'T have to love each other, or even LIKE each other! But, we need to learn to ACCEPT each other. And then, our CD/TG/TS world would be a BETTER PLACE!

marlaNYC
09-29-2011, 08:37 PM
that's a rant? i think there's a lot more in what you say than that :)

Myldryd
09-29-2011, 09:05 PM
I liked Nathalie's post. It does express a good deal of what I like and do. I have been cross dressing for years; purging several times along the way but always come back. When I do come back I try to have a firmer resolve to be a woman. I don't want to do this because it is sexually stimulating but because I enjoy the feminine self.
That is one of the things on this episode - I looked into the transsexual woman detail and really enjoyed reading about the women that have done so much. And they are very much women. I love their appearances and what I know of their outlook. These are the women that I would like to copy.
That is important to my evolution. I have tried the breast forms and other items that help one present as a female. Importantly though I have tried herbal routines that have had a good measure of success. I now wear a 38B and am very happy with myself as the real deal.
I dress conservatively and do all my own shopping in the stores dressed as Myldryd. I ask the sales people for assistance and am always treated with a great deal of courtesy. The help they give me takes me off my feet. I recently discovered that I can wear a 16. I almost cried when the dress fit. The sales woman then fitted me in a 14 skirt. I never thought I'd get out of an 18.
Today I was in Macy's and the sales girl helped with pearl necklaces, matching bracelet and some clip on earrings.
I don't think I will over cross over but if I define a TG person as someone who wants to be instead of just present then I am not a CD anymore. I won't give my maleness but I doubt I will need it much anymore other than to continue to appreciate being female
Myldryd

carhill2mn
09-30-2011, 02:20 PM
That "old joke" was supposedly said by a person who was really transexual. Many transexuals crossdress while they are on their journey. I, and many others here, are living proof that there is no basis in fact for this statement as I have been a
crossdresser for over 60 years and plan to continue being one.

kimdl93
09-30-2011, 02:23 PM
I entirely endorse the spectrum concept of transgenderism. And I think its entirely understandable for some to find thier place somewhere along that continuum, without diminishing the value of other's decisions/choices!

xristy
09-30-2011, 02:48 PM
The thing to remember is that we are all different in our own ways and we should be tolerant to all, not just a select few. If you are not, then why should anyone be tolerant to you?

We are all in this together.

Kittyagain
09-30-2011, 04:19 PM
I didn't think it was a rant either. It is a read that inspires those of us still timid. Maybe you haven't hit a wall. Maybe you are there.

Kitty

Andrea's Lynne
09-30-2011, 04:24 PM
I like (and share ..... strange coincidence, huh?) your point of view. Well said!

Cynthia Anne
09-30-2011, 11:26 PM
I just read a beautiful story that I couldn't agree with more! Thank you for it! Hugs!

Paula_56
10-01-2011, 05:16 AM
Thanks Nat, I have been out and about for about two years, and of course trans since childhood, In the last two years my expereince has been similar, I noticed that I am different than the avowed hetro-CDers', I tend to see myself as you have describe your-self. Over the last wo years I did encunter some attitude from TS's. Let's stick together girls, there is a whole world out there trying to divide us.

Paula_56
10-01-2011, 05:18 AM
I define a TG person as someone who wants to be instead of just present then I am not a CD anymore. I
Myldryd

WOW Bingo- This is me!