PDA

View Full Version : why am i buying "Mens clothes"?

sara.s
09-29-2011, 10:06 PM
I was talking to a friend and i told her that i have to go buy some "Mens clothes". I never felt the need to be so precise, but it now is affecting me subconsciously.. I wonder what she would have thought.

Has something similar happened to you?

EDIT: Aaaah.. i dont think you girls got it all. Looks like you all have this problem too..

Earlier i used to just say, "I need to go buy some clothes".. but now i am saying, " I need to go buy some MENS clothes".. Notice the difference!! :p Being so precise gives you away that you crossdress imo, because it means you buy women's clothes too.

Cynthia Anne
09-29-2011, 10:41 PM
I don't think I have run in to that problem! Now 'if' I ever have a man in my life then perhaps I may then have to buy mens clothes! YUCK! I hope not! Hugs!

Jocelyn Quivers
09-30-2011, 08:52 AM
I had this problem a few weeks ago, when I told my wife that I had to buy some new "Men's Business Suits" I was very unmotivated, and it almost felt alien being that it's been several years since I have purchased any "men's clothing" let alone any men's clothing over $10.00. I just went about it as being a necessary evil and something that had to be done. :thumbsdn:

laurajade
09-30-2011, 09:04 AM
I know the feeling about feeling alien in the men's clothing section. I can browse the female sections without feeling out of place at all. But if I have to go into the men's section for something for my male persona, it feels terribly odd anymore. Everything is so rough and dark, so opposed to my preferred style. I especially feel ill-at-ease when I see how some of the men's t-shirts focus on the macabre so often. I guess I just don't fit into today's male stereotype (Well duh!).

Karren H
09-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Not really... Probably cause I make what ever I wear look amazing! Lol

:D

kimdl93
09-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Not exactly. My wife occassionally has to coax me into buying guy things, but she's well aware that I'd rather not ;)

Kaz
09-30-2011, 10:51 AM
For many years now I have only bought guy things that I absolutely needed. I have tons of stuff that I should dispose of as they haven't been worn for years... but you know how it is... my guy underwear is becoming superfluous... I need to recycle every now and again to keep my wife from thinking that I haven't gone completely bonkers, but really... talk about lack of interest... and it is getting worse... although there is some good guy stuff around at the mo in the UK... but it isn't the same... and it's about choice... the shirt or the 'shoes'...

Miss Maxine
09-30-2011, 10:57 AM
I woulda told her that SHE needs to go buy some men's clothes!

KylieA
09-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Half way. I do spend a lot of time shopping for women's clothes. Only about once a year I buy men's clothes. I won't say I'm reluctant buying men's cloths. But I do have a better sense of style and more venturous.

Sophie86
09-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Not really... Probably cause I make what ever I wear look amazing! Lol

:D

:laughing:

I wish I had a better male wardrobe. I've just never been very good at picking out men's clothes. I have a very good idea of what I find attractive in women's clothing, but not so much with men's. I tend to gravitate towards bland. :straightface:

sara.s
09-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Ahh.. i dont think you girls got it all. Looks like you all have this problem too..

Earlier i used to just say, "I need to go buy some clothes".. but now i am saying, " I need to go buy some MENS clothes".. Notice the difference!! :p Being so precise gives you away that you crossdress imo, because it means you buy women's clothes too.

DebbieL
09-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Yes, frequently. Furthermore, when I have to buy men's clothes, it's not terribly pleasant. I have long legs, 36" inseams. I have to shop at the big-and-tall mens shops and this often means spending as much as $100 for each pair of men's pants. When leaving the store with 3 pairs of pants, I think about how much that would have bought at Avenue, Cathryn's, or even Rainbow, and I almost want to cry.

My ONLY source for men's shirts is as gifts. I usually get 6-8 men's shirts for Christmas, and 2-3 more as thank-you gifts from coworkers. And I wear them as long as I possibly can.

jillleanne
09-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Ahh.. i dont think you girls got it all. Looks like you all have this problem too..

Acyually, I got it the first time. I guess I've been saying it so long I never really notice. If fact, it makes me ill just thinking about buying any clothing article for 'him'. I detest it and do just about anything to avoid the dreaded task, which is just about never; maybe once every 3 years.

xristy
09-30-2011, 04:55 PM
It just isn't as fun buying men's clothing. I will buy men's clothing because I need to, but shopping for women's clothing is fun. Not sure why, it just is....

sara.s
09-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Well... i haven't bought Mens clothes in a long long time. Now that I recently got a job, I am thinking of upgrading my wardrobe. Instead of the regular drab wardrobe, I am looking at metrosexual clothing options (See my other thread).