PDA

View Full Version : My wife is amazing!! And I need some suggestions

Andrea's Lynne
09-30-2011, 03:03 PM
:)

My wife and I were just invited to a Halloween costume party .... so I texted her

Me: "Do you have any ideas for costumes?"

Her: "No. You?"

Me: "If you leave it up to me you know we'll both be in pantyhose"

Her: "Sounds good. Let's come up with something fun!!!"

I have not stopped smiling.:):):):):battingeyelashes::D

Can you all recommend anything for the two of us?

Jenny Beth
09-30-2011, 03:10 PM

Pulls up a chair and grabs some pop corn....this should be good!

Jorja
09-30-2011, 03:32 PM
You could go as a couple of French maids http://www.3wishes.com/french.asp

Heisthebride
09-30-2011, 03:43 PM
The Sisters from White Christmas. Of course you'd need to learn the song and dance.

Sisters, sisters
There were never such devoted sisters
Never had to have a chaperone, no sir
I'm there to keep my eye on her

Caring, sharing
Every little thing that we are wearing
When a certain gentleman arrived from Rome
She wore the dress, and I stayed home.

ReineD
09-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Lucy Ricardo & Ethel Mertz

Laverne & Shirley

Ginger & Maryann

Cagney & Lacy

Thelma & Louise

Naomi and Wynona Judd

Wilma Flintstone & Betty Rubble

kristinacd55
09-30-2011, 03:59 PM
When I first met my wife at college I was Glinda, the good witch from Wizard of Oz and she was a male detective. Hmm....and she didn't find out I was tg for another 30 years?? Me thinks there was an undercurrent of things to come lol

Andrea's Lynne
09-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Great suggestions, ladies!

She just texted again with "Go-go dancers? Josie and the Pussy Cats?"

Keep 'em coming! I'm texting your suggestions to her, too ;)

Kittyagain
09-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Two bridesmaids fresh from a wedding. Either real cute dresses or the ugliest bridesmaids dresses ever.

Kitty

Jorja
09-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Lucy Ricardo & Ethel Mertz

Laverne & Shirley

Ginger & Maryann

Cagney & Lacy

Thelma & Louise

Naomi and Wynona Judd

Wilma Flintstone & Betty Rubble

I see Reine has done this before :D

Alice B
09-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Find another friend and go as Charlie's Angles

prettytoes
09-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Cheerleaders...ladies of the night...nurses...stewardesses...and on, and on, and on! Number one thing to do is have fun with it!

Jenny Beth
09-30-2011, 05:18 PM
A school teacher and yeah you guessed it....a school girl.

Wendy_Marie
09-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Get one angel costume and a sinful looking devil and boxing gloves for the both of you..It's good VS Evil.

annomusE
09-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Odd but fun one would be have her dress as Robin Hood and yourself as Maid Marian!

Eryn
09-30-2011, 06:14 PM
The Sisters from White Christmas. Of course you'd need to learn the song and dance.

Sisters, sisters
There were never such devoted sisters...

I love this idea and not just because Bing and Danny did a wee bit of CDing in the movie. Several very good things spring to mind:

1. The dresses are classy and modest and you're likely to have some of your friends saying "who is that woman with [your wife's name]" for a while before they figure it out. Great fun!

2. This isn't your usual Halloween costume, but the dresses and accessories are recognizable to quite a few people.

3. Those fans! Even Rosemary Clooney mentioned how wonderful they were and how she had one made for a special friend! :)

NicoleScott
09-30-2011, 06:18 PM
My wife said "Let's go as a horse. I'll be the head, and you just be yourself."

GingerLeigh
10-01-2011, 03:56 AM
PanAm stewardesses off of the new tv show.

ReineD
10-01-2011, 04:05 AM

Naaah ... I just googled it.

My SO and I tend to each do our own thing in terms of costumes at Halloween. :p

ReineD
10-01-2011, 04:05 AM

Naaah ... I just googled it.

My SO and I tend to each do our own thing in terms of costumes at Halloween. :p

Cynthia Anne
10-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Here comes Betty and Veronica! Gee I'm telling my age!Hugs!

JenniferR771
10-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Well, flip a coin--one of you has to be lady Gaga.

Tails gets Wonder Woman.

Cher and Chaz? Hillary and Michelle O'bama, or Sarah Palin?

Sarasometimes
10-01-2011, 09:58 AM
If she likes to crossdress too you could do Dancing with the Stars. For two women I like the PanAm idea. Maybe grammy contenders? Katie Perry and Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood. I think you will most enjoy it if you go as real life women instead of charactors. I have done this as Christy Yamaguchi for milk. Taylor Swift did it and there was a you tube vid about it. Below is a link to some others who have done this recently.

As you probably know the fun is in the details. be sure to have painted toes and finger (mabe fake nails), earrings, false eyelashes if appropriate, perfume, proper shoes. Enjoy and please let us know what you have picked.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/stars-who-have-donned-the-got-milk-mustache_gallery_3052/image_83131

Dena
10-01-2011, 10:05 AM
I vote for the go-go dancers!

Sarasometimes
10-01-2011, 10:23 AM
I vote for the go-go dancers!

For me I would want the most feminine costume, not the skimpiest. Go go dancer requires a very good tuck and probably shaved everything. for me something elegant and stylish. The milk commercials add humor so you don't look like you did this just to crossdress (that may be a problem for some).

suchacutie
10-01-2011, 10:28 AM
What I love about this thread is that you are all thinking in exactly same vein as I was, i.e. not to go as your feminine self!

Frankly, I love the idea of wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble, but it might be hard to make that obvious to everyone as you walk into the party. It would seem that you would want everyone to understand who the two of you are instantly. The two witches from the Wizard of Oz would certainly fit that bill.

If you stick with the idea of go-go dancers, the costumes would have to be completely identical, makeup and all. Role reversal Robin Hood and Maid Marion would work as well, with Robin needing a quiver and a bow, and you'd need to rent the old Erol Flynn movie to get a good idea of Maid Marion!

What fun!!!

tina

Brenda Freeman
10-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Can Can dancers, the costumes would be so fun definitely hose and petticoats and you could both kick up your heels!

carolynn2fem
10-02-2011, 04:03 AM

My wife and I were just invited to a Halloween costume party .... so I texted her

Me: "Do you have any ideas for costumes?"

Her: "No. You?"

Me: "If you leave it up to me you know we'll both be in pantyhose"

Her: "Sounds good. Let's come up with something fun!!!"

I have not stopped smiling.:):):):):battingeyelashes::D

for this year my theame is mistaken identy. imagine me in boy mode completly dressed in a angel dress.
I woke up dead this morning dressed like this and thought WTF then I notice a paper in my hand and read it. it was a death warent with my wife name on it and insturctions to report to cental control.
I'm thinking that grim reaper guy has a lousy aim or realy needs to get his eyes examned. now I have to get a lawer and sue for wrongfull termination witch will require HBI hevens burro investigation to look into the mater
add charitors as Ya see fit and let the story let the story play out as it will :)

Tina B.
10-02-2011, 08:56 AM
So you both want to wear tights uh, well how about her going as Peter Pan, and, oh you guessed it, you get to be Tinker Bell, well you could go as Wendy, and wear a flannel gown, but Tink dresses so much cutier, and to do Tink, one must shave the legs!
Tina B.

Lois Page
10-02-2011, 10:23 AM
I'll toss Xena and Gabriella into the mix. - Lois

Andrea's Lynne
10-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Thank you ALL for your absolutely lovely suggestions!!! There were just so many great ideas and my wife and I had fantastic fun discussing (and giggling) over them! We adored everything, and my wife was leaning towards "go-go" dancers and I was leaning towards Maryann and Ginger (from Gilligan's Island ..... my wife called dibs on Maryann, which was A-OK with me:daydreaming:) )

As I was looking at costumes online, I came across the most supercalifragilisticexpialidocious flapper dresses. The taseled fringes just looked so damn sexy!!

When I showed my wife, she "squeeeeeed!" and I knew we had a winner!!

On the same site, I found some cute-as-_____ go-go dancer dresses on sale, so I ordered those too (next year to think about, right? :devil:)

Anyway, we'll be flapper girls from the Roaring 20s, and I promise to post pictures after teh party (Oct 29th)

Thank you all, again :love:
Lynne

Dena
10-02-2011, 07:19 PM
You could always dress up twice!

monalisa
10-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Bride and groom and you as the bride.

DeeDeeB
10-02-2011, 09:07 PM
My first coming out was at a Halloween party. My wife and I went as Natasha and Boris from the Bullwinkle show. Since Natasha is tall and skinny (like me in heels) and Boris is short and stout (she needed a lot of padding for the stout part) you can guess who was who. I then went to the Halloween party at work as Elvira and was a real hit, won best costume and a new admiration (confusion?) from my co-workers.

Mostly, enjoy,
Dee :fairy1:

PS: I've since been a flapper to my wife's gangster, a gypsy fortune teller and a hippie. Halloween is a girl's best friend.