PDA

View Full Version : Mistaken woman in male mode?

pinto
09-30-2011, 03:41 PM
It's just an idea but has anybody experienced this situation:
going out in male mode and somebody tells you that you are probably a woman trying to look like a man? (a female to male CDer).
Would be quite interesting.

sissystephanie
09-30-2011, 03:46 PM
I have never in my life had that happen!! I sincerely doubt that it would happen in my case, since I very definitely look completely masculine!! I would not be offended, because people do make mistakes!!

Kate Simmons
09-30-2011, 03:47 PM
I've done it purposely before. I used to have a lot of F T M friends in the Transmasculine Forum. I wanted to get a taste of what they go through. It was interesting trying to minimize breasts and hips I really didn't have along with putting on beard cover and makeup but to make it look like I wasn't wearing any. Quite an experience really. I really blew my cover when I danced though. As much as I tried, I could not dance like a guy.:)

pinto
09-30-2011, 03:53 PM
I would take it as a compliment if someone would mistake me for a female.

Mikka
09-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Never, I would also take it as a compliment. I really have to work to get my femme look, darn east European genes.

5150 Girl
09-30-2011, 04:07 PM
I get that from time to time, One time I asked a fire chife for an interview (back when I was in news) And he was all "Just a moment mam" Yelled some directions to some of his crew, and turned back arround, and was all "Oh, I'm very sorry I dalled ya that" And I'mm all like "I get it all the time, no big deal"

Kaitlyn26
09-30-2011, 05:15 PM
My entire life, even before I started dressing. Actually, I was mistaken for a little girl.

Wendy_Marie
09-30-2011, 05:49 PM
I use to have very long hair...I had to throw it aside to keep it from entangling in my belt when I would put one on...I use to get mistaken for a girl all the time..admittedly it had been a long time since this happened until just a few days ago...I had younger female associate at a local Fast Food restauraunt look me dead in the eyes and ask..."Can I help you Ma'am?" Genuine mistake but I didn't go out of my way to correct her either....In all fairness I was wearing Levi 505 straight legged jeans, a top from Old Navy and my womens Nike's....

flo
09-30-2011, 06:02 PM
it would be unlikely to happen to me, but if it did I would be delighted

pinto
09-30-2011, 06:45 PM
I think it's much more easy for asian males at least I belong to such a sort of guy who probably never will be mistaken as a woman even if I am styled up like never before. What a mess, why can't I be more feminine from my nature. Does HRT really help to make a passable woman out of an ugly man?

SusanCACD
09-30-2011, 08:47 PM
One time I got my brows waxed kinda extreme, not intentional, I went out to lunch and the waiter called me mam, me and everyone else at the table just blew it off, thank goodness no one said anything.
Susan

Cynthia Anne
09-30-2011, 10:26 PM
I've been refered to as ma-am in fast food places while in male mode!

Cynthia Anne
09-30-2011, 10:27 PM
I've been refered to as ma-am in fast food places while in male mode! And I love it!:)

Persephone
09-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Yeah, at least once so far. A member of my women's social group saw me someplace in a suit and tie and apparently asked her friend "Why is she dressed like a guy?"

They explained to her that the woman she knows has a twin brother.

Hugs,
Persephone.

DanaR
09-30-2011, 11:37 PM
This always happens to me. My wife and I will be shopping, both of us looking at woman's clothes and a SA will come up behind us and ask "how are you ladies doing today?" I guess with my pony tail they think I'm a girl. I usually come up with some funny comment and they are fine.

marlaNYC
10-01-2011, 12:10 AM
kinda but not really. some of the women at a place i used to work thought i was gay because i seemed feminine to them. the person they happened to ask - my very good friend, who is gay and knows of my dressing - laughed at them saying that he, as a gay man, thought i was the least likely gay man he had ever met.

thechic
10-01-2011, 02:38 AM
Yes several years ago when i had a male mode got asked "why do you dress like a man",id say "im a guy",they would somtimes reply "you men you wont to be a man".

Marcyme
10-03-2011, 02:45 PM
I get "ma'am" fairly regularly and often "ladies" when out with my wife. It OS a hair thing for sure! I love having fem hair! And I love people reading me as female in daily mode. I get a rush from it. One night a a concert a woman was arguing with me because she didn't believe I was male. It was great! BUT, I still don't get why it happens so often. I am 5'9" and 200lbs, not at all fem shaped!! I often wear baseball caps in male mode and still get mistaken....must be the earrings and eyebrows too :)

mary simpson
10-03-2011, 03:08 PM
i had it happen the other day

likes2becute
10-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Pretty often. Get "ma'am" or "ladies" when shopping, getting coffee, at a restaurants, going through drive thrus. I'm fairly androgynous in male mode; fitting clothes/jeans, long hair, pierced ears, shaped eyebrows, skinny, shaved legs. :)

PretzelGirl
10-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Ah Marcy. It isn't about size that makes you femme looking. It is just about everything else though. There are plenty of feminine woman that aren't "fem shaped".

pinto
10-04-2011, 08:27 AM
I think it's a big compliment for many of us when mistaken as a woman in male mode. It's a thrilling experience because it shows that all efforts to become feminine have worked out so good that it cannot be hidden anymore. I would be proud and very happy if i could have reached that level of a feminine appearance and personality.

JennaBreeze
10-04-2011, 09:52 PM
When out with my wife for lunch the other day, I got the classic "where would you two ladies like to sit?" I think the waitress was blind since I'm over 6 feet, 195 lbs, but I agree that hair is one of the cues people zero in on the most. Mine is past my shoulders.