PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got Estradiol

Mary Lee
09-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Finally got Estradiol :o after a couple of month’s therapy. Seeing a Endo? And blood work. Took the first pill at about 3:30 PM today. I guess it now is waiting and see what develops.

Wendy_Marie
09-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Congrats...the first thing I noticed is that I have actually began to sleep well...

Carole Cross
09-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Congrats, hope it goes well.

Jean Marie
09-30-2011, 07:55 PM
I opted for self administered Estradiol injections, more effective and less chance of ill side effects.

Kaitlyn Michele
09-30-2011, 09:22 PM
all the best with things!

be patient and let it all just happen for you.. congrats on reaching this point

Traci Elizabeth
09-30-2011, 09:43 PM
Well you have indeed started on another road on your journey. Drive slow and don't expect to get to your destination quickly. You will arrive in good time.

jeri1973
10-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Congratulations on your big step. I will not be far behind you as I hope to start in the next couple of weeks.

Jeri

StaceyJane
10-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Hey, that's great! Starting HRT has made me feel so much better and I hope it helps you too.

ColleenW
10-02-2011, 07:20 PM
For me it took about a month and I began to notice small nodules under both aureolas. I've been on E for almost 6 months now and am a solid A (I know everyone is different though). To get a little more fullness I've started Progesterone just this month so like you we'll see what continues to develop.:o

GeorgiaHall
10-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Congrats and look forward to hearing the progress.

Melony Wishes
10-05-2011, 08:24 PM
StaceyJane I see you are Top Gear fan, maybe you'll appreciate this connection. When I watch F1 races these days they are always talking about HRT, it always makes me smile:) HRT to F1 is Hispania Racing team;)

Mary Lee
12-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Update.

I have been on Estradol (spelling) 1mg tabs for about 2 ½ months. For over 4 years for my enlarged prostate, I have been on Finasteride 5mg and Terazosin 0.4mg. I am trying to go slowly. I am under a doctor’s care. The little guy has not and does not stand up and I do not really care.

My breasts have been sore and my nips seem to always be erect and hurt some from rubbing against my T-shirt. They seen to have gone from looking like man boobs to a young female shape; rounder and a little pointed. Maybe an AA+ cup. I do not ware a bra all the time and when I do I have push-up inserts to take me to a full A cup or forms to take me to a C. Like most others, my right is developing faster then my left.

My mental state has become more relaxed and calmer as I also have PTSD. Therefore, the HRT has helped my PTSD. I might get upset but I do not get mad. I feel that the change in my PTSD alone is worth taking the HRT. Right now, I do not care if my girls get any bigger as I feel better overall.

I find it a lot easier to shop, as I seem to be able to talk easier to SA about what I am looking for and they seem to be helpful as if they can sense that there is something about me that is female and we are both more open.

I am not full time and do not know what I will be. I am just enjoying what is happening right now. Should have done it back in 1965 when I graduated from high school. Kind of wish I could have delayed puberty when I was 11 or 12 but that was not available then.

Julia_in_Pa
12-15-2011, 01:50 PM
It's wonderful to hear this. :O)

I'm very sure HRT will have a very positive effect on your life.

Julia

Mary Lee
01-21-2012, 06:54 PM
I have been on and off Estradiol since the end of October. I started with 1mg and was on it for 2 months and I was happy but my legs were hurting so bad sometimes that I did not know if I would be able to walk. I stopped taking Estradiol for 2 week and the pain went away. I decided to reduce the Estradiol to 1/2mg daily and tried that for two week and the pain started again. Again I stopped taking the Estradiol for a couple of week. I started again with 1/4mg and after a couple of week the pain returned. I have been off of Estradiol 1/4mg and the pain is gone. I had mentioned this to my doc and he seemed to not be worried. I think it is a problem so I have to look for an other way of doing this. I am also on Finasteride 5mg and Terazosin 0.4 mg for my prostrate.

Maybe I should have an Orchiectomy, might be a better way to go.