PDA

View Full Version : Came out today, Long winded sorry

Staci G
09-30-2011, 08:27 PM
I got a call from my cousin this morning about 8:30, I was still in the bed. SHe said she was passing through where I am and would love to see me for a few minutes, she was going to see her son about an hour away from me. She is a little older than me but we grew up together, our families were very close (her dad was my moms brother). Anyway I drove about 15 miles to meet her at a breakfast restaurant, we arrived about the same time.

We sat and talked for a while about family and all that, after that I was compelled to ask her if she loved me unconditionally. she said of course, we have always told each other that and nothing could change it. I said I have something I want to tell you and if you feel differently then tell me.

I have my FB on my phone and I showed her some pictures and asked if he knew the person in the picture, (she said no every time). After about 6 of them she said WAIT!!! OMG I DO!!!! She began to hug me and say I love you no less and I think it is just fine. She talked about it for a bit, of course the regular questions. I assured her I am still the same one she always knew and nothing has changed because I have done this all my life for the most part.

Well we parted ways but before she left she asked me to email or call her next week she wanted to hear more about Staci for a better understanding. felt so much better after telling her I think I did it mostly for me as I am coming out to more and more people in my life. She did say some of the pictures were that of a very pretty woman, and now she knows what to get me for Christmas, a new purse because I told her how much I like hers.

Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend.

bridgetta
09-30-2011, 08:29 PM
cool , everyone wants to be free deep down.. we are rebels..

SusanCACD
09-30-2011, 08:33 PM
I am so happy and proud of you, wish I wasn't on the other coast. Seems there are many of us in NC. sorry for the short message, it is hard to type in tears.
Susan

cdtraveler
09-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Staci,

What a life affirming experience for you! Hope I have the currage or at least someone I feel safe enough to try it with some day. You have to be thrilled> Thanks for sharing Dear.

NathalieX66
09-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Yay! Congratulations!
I posted a few en femme photos on my guy facebook page, but screened out those in my professional life, and I got nothing but support and compliments.

Best of luck.
It feels wonderful not having anything to hide.

Barbra P
09-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you tell someone and they are so accepting? Last Tuesday sally, who lives across the street and already knows, came home from work and saw me standing on the front stoop enfemme. A little while later she is standing out on the sidewalk calling for Barbra to come as she wants to walk our dogs. I went out and she handed me a gift bag and said it was from her mother -- I have never been face-to-face with her mother when I was enfemme. Later when I checked the bag I found a nice dress, sort of a leopard print, and a black slip-length camisole. Now I can't wait until the next time I can dress in order to wear the dress, and I sure hope she is home so she can see how I look in the dress. I know that doesn't compare to telling your cousin and having her be so accepting, but it did make me feel good.

Staci G
09-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Babs, I think it is always wonderful when we can just get out and talk about it. When someone accepts it is a bonus. Hug that neighbor.

ashlylynn
09-30-2011, 09:15 PM
That's a great story. But I don't think you'll need to come out to anyone else
as she will take care of all that for you and save you the trouble, lol

Obviously she respects your fashion sense, too. I foresee many shopping trips.

Staci G
09-30-2011, 09:42 PM
That's a great story. But I don't think you'll need to come out to anyone else
as she will take care of all that for you and save you the trouble, lol.
I have come to the point that I really don't care who knows anymore and if she says anything to anyone else it will be ok. She said it will never pas her lips but I know sometimes girls will talk, and that's o.k. by me.

Cynthia Anne
09-30-2011, 10:03 PM
What a great heart warming story! That's better then kissin' cousins!:heehee: I think you have a true friend for life! Hugs!:)

Wendy_Marie
10-01-2011, 08:02 AM
She did say some of the pictures were that of a very pretty woman, and now she knows what to get me for Christmas, a new purse because I told her how much I like hers.

Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend.

One of the benefits of outing yourself to family...especially with Christmas shopping season just around the corner.