PDA

View Full Version : Should I come out to my best friend?

Loretta
10-01-2011, 12:15 AM
He's crashing at my place this weekend.
I want to tell him, but am a bit afraid of his reaction.
He's seen a few pics of me dressed for halloween, along with the pics from the drag pageant for the Relay for Life.

How should I go about this?
He's a no-nonsense sort of guy when it comes to news.

Toni Citara
10-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Part of me says "HEEEELLLL NOOOO!!!"

A larger part says... "yes".

You said he has already seen you dressed for halloween and a drag pagent - just tell him you've really found a connection with that side of your life. It is truly something you cannot explain and it doesn't change you as a man, but somehow it has helped you become a better person.

Elena Ornamental
10-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Try to find out his attitude toward crossdressing in an unobvious way if you can. That will help you make a correct decision. Generally most people don't care, a few people dig it and a few people are hostile. You would know things about a good friend that you could think of (like how tolerant he is generally) that would also give you good information/

AllieSF
10-01-2011, 12:42 AM
To me it all depends on your own level of outness. Does he need to know? Are you out to everyone but him? Why do you want to tell him? Basically, once out besides to very, very trusted people, who sometimes you can not even trust with certain info, you should expect the worse, i.e. that you will be outed to others not on your trusted confidants list. It is the old snowball effect. Once it gets rolling downhill, it is impossible to stop. Your decision. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Loretta
10-01-2011, 04:19 AM
Just told him.
I first asked him if anything I said would mar our friendship.
He said no, so I told him to wait where he was for a second, while I changed into my pajamas.
I entered my closet, shut the door, and changed into the sequined dress my aunt gave me a couple of days ago.
I exited the closet, and said, "Wait... These aren't my normal pajamas!"
He started laughing, I told him, and he told me that it was cool.

clairebabe
10-01-2011, 07:39 AM
good for you, I tried mention cd to my best friend, but he seems feel bit of unhappy about it, so I guess I can only keep it secret.

Cynthia Anne
10-01-2011, 07:56 AM
That's great Loretta! I beleive you have a true friend there! Hugs!