PDA

View Full Version : do we dress UP or just dress?

cassandra54
10-01-2011, 10:03 PM
so lately i've been dressing more, but it doesn't include makeup. i just dress i guess normal. last Sunday morning i wore shorts, a top, my boobs of course, a wig and just some lipstick. same thing on weeknights, i might wear a simple dress and the wig and boobs, but not much else. nylons are nice, but seeing bare shaved legs under a dress is nice too.

after a while i went out en drab, came back home and dressed in a skirt and hose.

so how many of you do this?

Cynthia Anne
10-01-2011, 10:25 PM
If I'm going grocery shopping I just dress casual! If I'm going to the beauty salon or a nice ladies clothing store I try to dress up! Hugs!

PretzelGirl
10-02-2011, 08:39 AM
This will be one of those questions that get answers across the whole range.

Myself, I don't necessarily need to go all the way when dressing. But the end difference is usually just whether I wear make-up and whether I put a big effort into my hair or not. Hmmm.... that reasoning sounds like something I have heard before.... So if I am going to sit around the house doing chores or relaxing, I do dress, but without the war paint and I probably just brush my hair out and put some accessories in it. The decision points are always whether family is coming over, then it depends who is coming; or if I am going out, where I am going and who will be with me.

KrystalA
10-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Quite often it is just panties and a bra with my forms, but nothing beats going the whole nine yards.

Karren H
10-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Up!!! Rarely ever dress or dress down.... If I've got the time I'm going all the way...

ArleneRaquel
10-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Makeup is an Arlene requirement at all times, except for this morning. :lame:

NicoleScott
10-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Not only UP, but over-the-top.

ArleneRaquel
10-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Not only UP, but over-the-top.

You go girl ! :battingeyelashes:

Denise Shelly
10-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Always going as far as I can. Every time I put on my make up I call it practice time. A nice dress with hose and heels.

TGMarla
10-02-2011, 09:14 AM
I only bother with mascara and all the eye makeup on weekends, when on Saturdays I have the whole house to myself for the day. And even though I usually only stay dressed for 4-6 hours max, I go full bore. But on weekdays, when I take the time to dress, it's only going to be for a couple of hours, and I don't bother with eye makeup, false nails, and the like. Then it's only makeup, blush, and lipstick.

As for the dressing, I usually wear all the clothing, bar none.

marlaNYC
oh i like this question! on a day-to-day basis of working, shopping, existing, i'll just dress. at home i'll dress up, waaaay up. yet if i'm going out en femme (which happens only sporadically), i'll dress up but not OTT, finding the middle ground between day-to-day and super glam! lol

cassandra54
This will be one of those questions that get answers across the whole range.

Myself, I don't necessarily need to go all the way when dressing. But the end difference is usually just whether I wear make-up and whether I put a big effort into my hair or not. Hmmm.... that reasoning sounds like something I have heard before.... So if I am going to sit around the house doing chores or relaxing, I do dress, but without the war paint and I probably just brush my hair out and put some accessories in it. The decision points are always whether family is coming over, then it depends who is coming; or if I am going out, where I am going and who will be with me.

i'm with you Sue. it's kind of fun too to see how en femme you can get with just the basics

Lynn Marie
10-02-2011, 09:16 AM
As I have slowly incorporated each aspect of the feminine experience into my dressing, I feel compelled to go all the way each time. Heels, stockings, hair, and makeup. I've pretty much drawn the line at nails though. Always put them on when going out, but never at home or when visiting where hand dexterity may be needed. Nails are lots of trouble and take time.

Of course I love the feeling of the clothing, but also the look as I pass a mirror is simply thrilling. So I go the extra distance to complete the look and not just the feel.

Sara Jessica
10-02-2011, 09:22 AM
I only bother with mascara and all the eye makeup on weekends, when on Saturdays I have the whole house to myself for the day. And even though I usually only stay dressed for 4-6 hours max, I go full bore....

I call times like this Quality Girl Time "QGT" (©Sara:) ). It's when I have some peace in the house so that I can work on my craft for when I take it on the road.

One thing I have found during QGT of late is that I place much less emphasis on makeup since my hair has grown out. Before, tossing on a wig with no makeup made me think "dude-with-Howard-Stern-hair-in-a-dress" which of course isn't a pretty sight. The makeup was a necessary element to soften the overall look. While I enjoy makeup as much as any of us, now my hair is part of me and I don't feel the need to hide behind a mask. I feel 100% me with my hair dancing upon my shoulders no matter how I happen to be dressed.

I guess it's kind of become a less is more thing, something that I keep in mind when going out as well.

Frédérique
10-02-2011, 10:14 AM
do we dress UP or just dress? …so lately i've been dressing more, but it doesn't include makeup. i just dress i guess normal. …after a while i went out en drab, came back home and dressed in a skirt and hose. so how many of you do this?

I don’t dress DOWN, that’s for sure! I don’t put on makeup all the time, but I like to dress “up” as much as possible, even if it’s only for an hour or so – it’s just fun to pile on the femininity and withdraw from all things masculine, n’est ce pas? I find it hard to dress half way – I always feel “naked” and somewhat apprehensive, being half a male and not enough female. Better to go all the way and enter that blessed state where the male has left the building – he’ll be coming back, of course, but I can be ME during the interim…
:battingeyelashes:

PS - "Dressing normal" is another nebulous concept...:doh:

Tina B.
10-02-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm all over the boards on this one, I'm not out of the closet, but I will just throw on a pair of Capri's and a tee, bra and forms, but thats it, no make up, no wig, I put my hair up in a pony tail, up high, on the back of the head, but I'm bald on top, but some days it's not about that mirror, it's just not wanting to wear anything male, but not feeling like a lot of bother, just to do some nasty chore. Some days it a Doris Day Moment, for the younger ones, that would be a cute blouse or sweater, full skirt, heels and pearls, full make up and of course a wig. depending on mood, I can found anywhere between those two points, depending on the mood.
Tina B.

Cristi
10-02-2011, 11:52 AM
I'd say that most of the time, I don't dress 'up'. If I am just around the house, I'll be in a skirt and blouse or casual dress. Maybe forms and a bra, maybe not. Usually no makeup (perhaps lipstick).

I only 'dress up' much less frequently when I'm going out. The difference is that dressing up includes pantyhose, heels, full makeup, painted nails, hair styling, etc.

StevieTV
10-02-2011, 12:16 PM
I dress as the situation dictates. I mean, I don't feel the need to dress up while at home doing chores. Just normal girl attire is fine.