PDA

View Full Version : The Fog / Pink to grey

Debra Russell
10-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Lately I haven't been out for one reason or another but Sat. I woke up to an empty house and thought "why not" so shave, make up get dressed (new veronica 2) wig, jeans and a fav blouse amd sweater -- and I decide to go for a walk as I don't have enough time to go anywhere... so out the door I go. I walk for about four blks to the city pool park where a swim meet is taking place, around and through our local collage campus -- all the while encountering students and those out for the day-a nice satisfying stroll and back home, stop at the mail box and into the house----Well, here's the Blah part. I decide to take some pics as I usually do... Oh my, do I really look that way? I wanted to take pics at all angles and videos walking (I have before) ..........It has shaken my confidence ....as I tend to see the thick neck and torso and even though with shoulders back I still look rather like a femm version of bigfoot! I know it really helps with the right clothes....no one seems to notice but what I feel like and what others see I think are two differn't things and it kind of turns my pink fog to grey and murky.

Any of you expierence the fog of reallity---it's not nice, maybe I need to go shopping................Debra

Karren H
10-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Don't fret.... I never yet have looked as good as I think I should have... Its just my reality. But then again I don't really care what people think of the way I dress..

Stephanie47
10-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Even when I see myself in family pictures the camera lens see the real deal. Sometimes I think my eyes see what I may have looked like decades ago. That's one reason why I do not want to venture out during daylight. That being said I have begun a dietary change induced by being diagnosis as a diabetic controllable at this stage with diet and exercise. I tossed the foraging and junk food. Over the last eight to ten weeks I've shed fourteen pounds. My goal is to hit my military weight of 175 on a six foot frame and get the waist line as close to a 30-32 as possible. Maybe, then the camera will reflect my mental image.

PS: For those who are Nam in country vets, you should get an A1C glucose test and enroll in the Department of Veterans Affairs Agent Orange registry. You'll be surprised by some of the results.

Kittyagain
10-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Debra I was just thinking of the same thing for thread as you have posted.

My gray came in a different manor but the results were the same as yours. As we were walking through a department store with a large makeup counter, my wife said her best friend saw a man getting a makeover in this store and the friend had said how odd it was to see a man in women's makeup. In a way, as part of the conversation, my wife was suggesting that for me to get a makeover in a public place would not be such a good idea.

Do keep in mind my wife is very supportive and enjoys helping me with my makeup. I think I have failed in my actions and my dressing to give her an image that would suggest at a distance I could pass. I rarely put on more than minimal makeup so I think all that she is used to seeing is the male me in women's clothes.

That conversation turned everything gray for a bit.

I bought new panties shortly after that so the pink came back real quick. :)

I do think I need to step up my daily makeup to give a better image and show more of a commitment.

Kitty

Debra Russell
10-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Kitty -- Yes when the pink turns grey for me it's a little depressing. I think I do make up well and would like to expierence a make over to compair but what gets me a little sideways is all the other stuff -large hands,shoulders,neck,and all the stuff make up does not cover like being a man in a dress! Oh well I know it won't go away so I do the best I can with what I have - and I know the grey will turn to pink - just have to reconnect and have at it from a different angle - but sometmes wonder what for? I know there is nothing else to do but submit to the pink side and may the force be with us all...............Debra

Donna1
10-02-2011, 09:26 PM
I think I am still in pink fog!!!!!

Wendae
10-03-2011, 03:20 PM
:battingeyelashes:Besides all of the hated male physical attributes us older ladies have to contend with hair appearing everywhere and the ravages of time on our bodies. Of course we then pretty much look like old ladies.

Kittyagain
10-03-2011, 04:08 PM
As much as we would like to see what we think we see in the mirror, there will always be that slap in the face that we are still men in women's clothing. There is no way to change that cynical outlook except by rejuvenating our positive attitude.

Debra, there are many that would love to have the look you mastered.

Kitty

kimdl93
10-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Happens to me every time I look in the mirror. So far, I've managed to put the disappointment aside and still enjoy being out among the living.

Cynthia Anne
10-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Don't put off that shopping trip any longer! Gray doesn't look good on you! Shop 'til you drop! That will get you back in the pink where you belong! Hugs!

Mistybtm
10-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Don't fret.... I never yet have looked as good as I think I should have... Its just my reality. But then again I don't really care what people think of the way I dress..
Karren
you always look great :)

Ann Thomas
10-03-2011, 05:48 PM
I feel like I look like that too often as well. All I can do is hope I can get more help some day when I can afford it, like laser treatments.

Hugs,
Ann

Sophie86
10-04-2011, 12:20 AM
I decide to take some pics as I usually do... Oh my, do I really look that way?

Photographs lie. If they catch you just right, they can make you look either a lot worse or a lot better. Believe the pics that show you at your best. Disbelieve the ones that show you at your worst. :)

Tina B.
10-04-2011, 07:32 AM
When the pink fog just starts to turn a shade of Grey, quick, get away from the camera, and avoid all mirrors as if you are a vampire, I find, if I don't look to close, I can convince myself, I really do look like a lady. If that still doesn't help, by all means resort to the oldest feminine trick in the book, go shopping, for a new outfit,I know, that always helps me feel better about how I look.

Debra Russell
10-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Thank you ladies ! The grey fog is lifting - I love pink too much and I won't let it keep me down and yes shopping helps as the sales going on are too much to let slide...Thanks .............Debra