PDA

View Full Version : Halloween West Hollywood planning

plangentmusic
10-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Hi,

I am new here and this is my first post. I joined CD.com because I have never talked to a community forum before about this strange thing that I love that we call cross-dressing. The final straw for seeking advise came from deciding to dress FULLY in drag for this Halloween at the annual West Hollywood parade.

A little background -

I am a 39 years old "straight" male and have been living with my girlfriend for 8 years now. When she and I first met I told her of my situation almost immediately upon dating due to some then recent events that forced the outing of me to my close friends and relatives a year before then. I felt open at the time and, with the help of many inebriating substances, I let her know what I was into. She was shocked and confused at first, later told me that she cried about it, but shortly thereafter told me that she accepted me as "me". Here we are 8 years, two States and many aloof, awkward moments (mostly on my part) later...

We had been to the West Hollywood parade three years ago where I almost went "all" the way but whimped out with a pseudo, heavily made up, Count Dracula. This year I told her that I want to do everything including shaving my legs (or higher), wearing pantyhose and anything else HOT, wearing false eye lashes and wanting to be as sexy as possible. In other words, I want to be an evil, hot tramp! I am so excited about it!!!

My dilemma has to do with how to play it out. Should I wait till the weekend before to shave myself or should I express interest in doing it sooner. I would so love to do it before then but I don't want to show too much enthusiasm as to make her uncomfortable. Although, I told her I wanted to be Katy Perry and that could involve much time and money to make it convincing. The sexy vampiress might end up being what happens, or probably something in between. This will take some prep to make it convincing but she's a great seamstress and seems willing to make it happen as best she can to make me happy. In the end I hope to have a lot of new stuff to wear without being embarrassed, or inebriated (except for Halloween night, of course!)

Any advice on how to pace myself. It's all I can think about since I told her what I wanted to do "Last Friday Night". I can't wait for the thrill of going out in public, especially West Hollywood!

Thanks.

docrobbysherry
10-03-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm going to go out a limb here, Plan. Because I know so little about u and your SO. However, the "8 years", says to me, "Go for it!"

Tell her your plans rite away. Get her involved. Get a costume for her that she'll enjoy, too. And, the 2 of u will have a BALL!

Mikaela
10-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Yup and I considered that costume, but probably won't do a costume at all. And if this is the Saturday before Halloween, be sure to head up to Van Nuys that night to the Oxwood Inn for Shine. Don't waste a first time out with just a parade!

elusivebeauty
10-04-2011, 01:02 AM
I went to the WeHo parade last year in full regalia. Wasn't anything in particular and I had no problems at all. It was a lot of fun. Anyway, I would plan it out. It's worth the effort and a big part of the fun. The reasoning is simple; you want to look your best. To look your best, spend the time, get it right. When you do your first test run, that is when you should shave or wax down. If you do it within 3 days before, you should be fine. You will probably have a little body stubble, but very light. Any more days and you'll most likely need to re-shave. I will be back there this year too, so I might see you there!

Tina B.
10-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Girl, you need to practice the look, at least a week before, you should shave (just to get used to the feel, so you won't feel odd on Halloween night.)wink, wink, nod, nod. If you have been open about this for the last eight years, shaving should not be that big of a shock, unless she just likes a hairy man.
Tina B.