PDA

View Full Version : How many women want a CD'er and no straight man?

pinto
10-04-2011, 11:23 AM
How many of them are out there and want a real CD'er/TG etc. instead of a so called "straight man"? Are there really such women? Does anybody have experiences?

Lorileah
10-04-2011, 11:35 AM
I have had two women in my life who accepted me as I am. Yes they are out there and you find one cherish her forever.

pinto
10-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks Lorileah but accepting is something different than wanting such. An accepting woman is wonderful but are there some who are seeking us? (probably not :)

Tina B.
10-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Want one? I don't know about that, not many I would bet. But the question should be, how many women are there out there, that accept a TG/CD/TV/TS person, plenty with you go by all of us on here that are married to accepting women. I know my was not looking for a trans person when we met, but the day I told her all about myself, she accepted this as just part of what makes me, me. So wives may take longer, some don't ever get there, but there are plenty of folks on this site, whose wifes go out with them, shop for feminine items to give them as gifts, and all sorts of different levels of acceptance, right down to DADT, but do your own thing. Keep looking, there out there!
Tina B.

Sweet Sabrina
10-04-2011, 11:54 AM
My wife is very accepting and supporting. That being said though she has said that things might have been different if she had known from the start. She knows all about my sexuality and is very supportive of that as well. As long as it's with her. She has always been a little vanilla but since my coming out she has actually been more open and honest with her sexuality and has opened her adventurous side a little more. We keep it just between us and that's how it will most likely stay. Like I said though, had she known from the start things might have been different. In my opinion, women are still looking for that partner who can be the strong and dependable person. I don't think many would seek out a feminine male. I'm not trying to be sexist it's just what I have observed/experienced over the years. I am sure those women exist but sometimes it takes a little coaxing to bring them out?

TGMarla
10-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Our own Rachel Morley is married to a woman who actively sought out a crossdressing man for a husband. Rachel is a very lucky lady, and his wife is a treasure.

kimdl93
10-04-2011, 12:02 PM
I have had two women in my life who accepted me as I am. Yes they are out there and you find one cherish her forever.

As it happens, so have I. I doubt this is simply a rare coincedence.

babs816 GG
10-04-2011, 12:15 PM
I am in a LDR with a lovely CD and, to be honest, if this relationship would for some reason end I can totally see myself seeking out another CD for a relationship. I'm a bi-sensual woman so for me a CD is the best of both worlds-a girlfriend and a boyfriend all rolled into one.. that SO rocks! I've connected very well to the femme part of my SO and the male part is nice to have around as well. :-)

So yes..count me as one that would seek out a CD for a relationship.

B

pinto
10-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Wow, I didn't expect that but it's a nice surprise. Your words make me thinking because it seems to be a good advantage to have a CD'er as a partner. Yes, the best of both worlds. Nice.

Aprilrain
10-04-2011, 12:54 PM
How many of them are out there and want a real CD'er/TG etc. instead of a so called "straight man"? Are there really such women? Does anybody have experiences?

I think i hear crickets chirping ...........

sometimes_miss
10-04-2011, 01:04 PM
They do exist, but it's like looking for a 1943 copper penny. I think the biggest problem is, we have no way to know where to look for them. It's not something most women would want the rest of the world to know about. If you want statistics, when I was actively researching and reading everything I could find on crossdressing, I came across several surveys done over the years, and the percentages listed were always pretty close; only 1.5% of women would consider a crossdresser as a romantic partner. That was from blind/random studies; it wasn't known whether the woman was already involved with a crossdresser or not, or whether she had any experience with crossdressers or had ever dated one. When my ex and I were seeing a therapist back in the 90's, there was a crossdresser SO support board she used to read; during discussions with our therapist, she mentioned that quite a few women who thought that they could deal with it, eventually discovered that they simply could not when actually facing the prospect of staying married to a man who crossdresses. There were quite a number of them, so much so, that I would consider the 1.5% number to probably be cut in half. So you're looking at less than 1% of all women as potential mates, few if any of which will let you know that she might be willing to date a guy who crossdresses.

pinto
10-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Let's say it is about 1%. That would make about 35 million all over the world and 3.5 million in europe and 2.5 million in northamerica. Okay let's convert it to the age from 20 to 50 then it will be maybe 1.200.000 in europe and 800.000 in northamerica. Still a high number. Okay it's just playing with numbers and nothing serious but interesting.

VioletJourney
10-04-2011, 01:15 PM
I doubt you'll find any women who want a CD per se, but there's plenty of women out there who are specifically looking for someone weird/off the wall/not your typical guy. Particularly among the younger generation.

larry
10-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Okay Babs, Now that we are so jealous ,I think you should gather a list of all your GG friends that may also be interested in CDs and have them do the same. Then send it to us and we can find the ones in our local area. hehehe Thanks for being a nice person.

I am in a LDR with a lovely CD and, to be honest, if this relationship would for some reason end I can totally see myself seeking out another CD for a relationship. I'm a bi-sensual woman so for me a CD is the best of both worlds-a girlfriend and a boyfriend all rolled into one.. that SO rocks! I've connected very well to the femme part of my SO and the male part is nice to have around as well. :-)

So yes..count me as one that would seek out a CD for a relationship.

B

KTcat
10-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Hello,

I have been a member of this board in previous years (back around 2008), and also of the GG board (where are all the posts? Perhaps I need to reapply?) I just logged back in here today after a long absence. I would certainly be accepting of a CD partner, and have actively sought one in the past. It's just as difficult for us to meet you too!

KT

Emily Ann Brown
10-04-2011, 01:58 PM
I meet a GG who wanted a CD/TG on line.....but she wasn't my cup of tea. We still talk on a regular basis.

Em

larry
10-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Are you busy Friday night ? Oh, Seattle -Glasgow -- guess that will not work. hehehe Thanks for being another nice person.

Hello,

I have been a member of this board in previous years (back around 2008), and also of the GG board (where are all the posts? Perhaps I need to reapply?) I just logged back in here today after a long absence. I would certainly be accepting of a CD partner, and have actively sought one in the past. It's just as difficult for us to meet you too!

KT

babs816 GG
10-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Larry..I can't help the nice thing..lol I was born that way.

I honestly never saw myself in a relationship with a CD/TV in the past..but now that I am in one I wonder what took me so long! :)

I'll work on that list hon.

B

Lorileah
10-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks Lorileah but accepting is something different than wanting such. An accepting woman is wonderful but are there some who are seeking us? (probably not :)

Sorry to disagree but my two women "Wanted" me. They didn't give a hoot about what I wore. They chose me, they caught me. I am ever so grateful they did too. Now ask me again in a year if I can find another that is even close to what those two were. I was married to one and soul mate to the other.

marlaNYC
10-04-2011, 03:13 PM
i have a few lady friends who are totally accepting (and encouraging) of me as a CD, but not a one of them would consider me a legitimate option for dating. i appreciate their honesty!

Kittyagain
10-04-2011, 03:14 PM
My wife has always said if other women knew what she about people like us, they would be looking for them. Some of her friends are jealous of how close we are together. What we need is marketing. Maybe a movie that shows the real advantage that people like us offer.

Kitty

prene
10-04-2011, 03:32 PM
i have a few lady friends who are totally accepting (and encouraging) of me as a CD, but not a one of them would consider me a legitimate option for dating. i appreciate their honesty!

I have the same.
Two gg's who are "accepting (and encouraging)", heck they help with my makeup. But not sure if I ever could date them. They talk about there boyfriends or possible bf's... like I am one of the girls. LOL

My last 2 gg's gfriends broke up with me soon after I came out. I guess they are like a 4 leaf clover.
Lucky to find one.

Presh GG
10-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Hi Pinto,

I guess I'm just curious why you're asking . You've presented yourself as a Married crossdresser.

And yes I know a few women who are admirers. But it always seemed to me that the CD gals aren't interested.
This from the sidelines as I'm a Married wife of 37 years.

Presh GG

Mikaela
10-04-2011, 04:04 PM
I know of one woman who has a preference for CDs to other men (not my SO).

elusivebeauty
10-04-2011, 04:12 PM
If more people were out and there were a lot of women openly dating crossdressers already, women wouldn't feel as self conscience to date a crossdresser. There's a fear of being labelled the outcast or the freak for dating someone that is different. Since we are mostly an underground culture, when people find out about us, they think we're anomalies. Were not though, there are so many of us. However, for most women when they think of crossdressers, they conjure up images of drag queens because they simply don't know the truth. There is absolutely nothing wrong with drag queens, but it's safe to say that the similarities between our 2 groups are very few. This is the impression that most people have of us. However, over time that image will change. People just need to know that we're not freaks and we're not emotionally unstable. We're just people who like to dress a bit differently. We are in the process of creating a new social category, that takes time.

KimB
10-04-2011, 04:34 PM
My late wife know about Kim and it always turned her on when Kim would come out,and she was stright as an arrow. so I would say if I had ever left her she would have started to look for a cd to date.

Presh GG
10-04-2011, 05:20 PM
S Rose,

Yes really , it looks that way to me. There are 5 or 6 or 7 single GGs that belong to our group and I know they love the gals there. But the gals don't give them much more than small talk

Presh

ReineD
10-04-2011, 05:43 PM
In my opinion, women are still looking for that partner who can be the strong and dependable person. I don't think many would seek out a feminine male.

Perhaps, but I think more than this, a woman wants to feel desired by her man. It's hard to explain, but there are no distractions between a male who does not CD, and the woman of his dreams. He's all over her. Whereas, how many threads have we seen in this forum, where just about every CD responding says he'd rather "be" the attractive woman he sees and wear her clothes, than "be with her". There's almost a diffused state of desire for the woman there, watered down if you will. Like two yins, side by side, rather than the more complimentary yin and yang. It might take a while for GGs newly in love to see this and this is why I think we hear so many stories about GGs thinking the CDing is wonderful in the beginning, and then it eventually dies down ... unless of course they are attracted to feminine males to begin with, and they don't mind sharing their own female energy/role in the relationship.

Think of the De Beers diamond commercial they show around Valentines Day. I know it's cheesy, but it reflects an average woman's fantasy, where her husband will adore her so much that he wants nothing more than to see her eyes light up when he gives her a pair of diamond earrings, and where he really gets turned on when she adorns herself. A CDer would want to get the earrings (or the lingerie) for himself (or maybe for him and for her). He wants to be the one who is beautiful (even though it is OK if she is too). :p

Now ... every CD is different and if a CDer can make his wife feel as if she is the light of his life (as opposed to giving her the impression he loves nothing more than to CD), then I'm guessing there wouldn't be as many issues in the relationship. Generally speaking, of course. I'm guessing the CDers who are in successful relationships with GGs know how to make their GGs feel as if they are desired.

And yes I know a few women who are admirers. But it always seemed to me that the CD gals aren't interested.Presh GGAren't interested?
Really?

These CDs probably want the same thing out of the relationship as the GGs ... to be loved and desired as a woman. Maybe they freak out at the prospect the GGs will expect more of them than they can give? Yin and Yin. Just a guess.

Badtranny
10-04-2011, 05:51 PM
I happen to have a very good friend who is actively looking for a CD male. The femmer the better. She would love to meet a pretty CD who prefers women but it's hard to find someone in such a closeted community. I told her she should join this site but she hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Also, I tend to meet a lot of women in clubs and bars who seem to be very interested in me until they find out I'm strictly dickly. I think the easy part is meeting women. The hard part is being comfortable enough with who you are that you're not creepy.

Rogina B
10-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Reine is so right on this[at least for me].We have the ability to play the part of our fantasy woman and perfect her .Our energys go toward her and the SO takes the back seat. Perhaps a bisexual woman that doesn't really desire a "man" to complete her is more apt to be receptive to the T minded lifestyle.After all,most of us are still "able to get it done"when it comes to heavier tasks in a household. So,we do have some value ! lol I think perhaps a lesbian with a woman's clothes store or shoe store might accept us better than most.

IMkrystal
10-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Hello,

I would certainly be accepting of a CD partner, and have actively sought one in the past. It's just as difficult for us to meet you too!

KT

I would think this web site would be a good place to meet, at least that is what I thought 4 years ago when I joined. For as long as I have been on here I have seen only one other post by a GG expressing your feeling. There have been many CDers stating how supported their SO are, but is the support out of admiration or out of not wanting to face the other options of ending the relationship.:doh: It seems most GGs are trying to understand why we crossdress, and are there other GGs dealing with this.:Pullhair: From the responses of my prior post few women have any knowledge about crossdressing until they are confronted with it.:eek: If there are more than two CD Admirer out there, please let me know because I would love to chat!:)

P.S. I am straight?

michelle64
10-04-2011, 07:21 PM
they are out there..me and my GG do everything together and truth be told i dont like it when she is not with me..its been said here and everywhere..the CD must put her first and not be so damn selfish..another thing that constantly comes up is all the lieing..what gives..you can say it on the first date.."i am a crossdresser"..quit lieing...yesterday i went to mac and nordstrom (nice store but pricey)..i ended up buying her-her favorite type of eye shadow at mac and my daughters fun socks from nordstrom...then i got selfish and went to sephora for me..i ended walking out with some great perfume for my GG and me a cheapo brush set...you all can find a supportive GG..just put them first

ps: my daughters loved the fun socks and she loved her perfume..my day was complete

cassandra54
10-04-2011, 07:43 PM
i'm in az if any ggs are looking out this way lol

MJ
10-04-2011, 07:46 PM
one would think this web site would be perfect to find the right person. they must be out there, the question is how do you find them ?

Lucy_Bella
10-04-2011, 09:42 PM
I signed up on a dating site hoping to find a Female who would accept a Cder, I seen only one woman that lived near by. She wanted a passable Cder and she also wanted one that was not in the closet with dressing. That was way to much for me to even think about responding.

I am dating a GG now that is very understand and accepting, I am pretty sure that if we even went our own way she would not on purpose seek another Cder, she would seek compainionship ..

susmitha
10-05-2011, 01:37 AM

This is what I want. Actually the GG should also be a CDer, so we can enjoy full role reversal. too good to be true.

christina s
10-05-2011, 01:41 AM
While most women would probably be turned off by the idea of a crossdresser , most like the personality traits of a cd .

WifeofWrenchette
10-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Oh, they are out there. Good luck~

pinto
10-05-2011, 06:32 AM
Hi Pinto,

I guess I'm just curious why you're asking . You've presented yourself as a Married crossdresser.

And yes I know a few women who are admirers. But it always seemed to me that the CD gals aren't interested.
This from the sidelines as I'm a Married wife of 37 years.

Presh GG

Hi Presh,
i didn't ask for the reason to find such a woman I just wanted to know. Ok, if i would meet such a woman you never know what will happen but mainly i am curious.

Think of the De Beers diamond commercial they show around Valentines Day. I know it's cheesy, but it reflects an average woman's fantasy, where her husband will adore her so much that he wants nothing more than to see her eyes light up when he gives her a pair of diamond earrings, and where he really gets turned on when she adorns herself. A CDer would want to get the earrings (or the lingerie) for himself (or maybe for him and for her). He wants to be the one who is beautiful (even though it is OK if she is too). :p

These CDs probably want the same thing out of the relationship as the GGs ... to be loved and desired as a woman. Maybe they freak out at the prospect the GGs will expect more of them than they can give? Yin and Yin. Just a guess.

Reine,
I agree 100% and I think that's exactly the reason most women freak out when they hear one is a crossdresser. A lesbian relation where the CD'er gives her the feelings described by you will be the best foundation for such a couple.

Badtranny
10-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Reine,
A lesbian relation where the CD'er gives her the feelings described by you will be the best foundation for such a couple.

This is sooooooo silly. It might indeed be the foundation for A couple but certainly not every couple. There are plenty of women who are actively looking for a hetero CD and there are plenty more who would be 100% accepting. All you have to do is be real. Be confident and comfortable with who you are and most of all, be FUN. I have yet to meet a woman who doesn't want to spend time with a good looking guy who makes her laugh and what you're wearing is really secondary as long as she knows you're interested. I'm not saying EVERY woman is into CD's but they are definitely out there. Shy and insecure men will always have trouble with the ladies, no matter how they're dressed.

kimdl93
10-05-2011, 09:27 AM
I agree with Melissa, that before a GG can begin to become attracted to CDr, they'd first have to be attracted to the person. I think that all illusions and fantasies aside, the personal chemistry between two people is what matters most. If there is an attraction - in all the physical, emotional, and cognitive dimensions - then I think that many women (I won't say most, won't even guess how many) - can accomodate a CDing partner. Some subset of the GGs out there apparently do enjoy and some even seek out CD partners. But more often than not, these are chance happenings. My wife had some bi experiences and she taps into that part of herself when she relates to me. But that wasn't what she started out seeking in a partner....and I like to think I bring more to the relationship than sexual variety :)

Bottom line is that to be successful in relationships - even in dating - you gotta get out there and engage other people in a genuine manner. I suspect that the fear of failure or rejection prevents too many of us from even trying.

DebbieL
10-05-2011, 09:31 AM

There are probably at least 3 answers to that question.

Based on my experiences on Match.com, about 1 in 300 women were actually LOOKING for a CD and wanted to meet me BECAUSE I was a CD/TG.

On the flip side, I've spent most of my life as "one of the girls" hearing what they say they want in a man, and for most, they will describe a TG, yet they will be physically attracted to the traditional man. More important, a traditional man is easy to get, they will go after the woman if she is even just reasonably attractive, while a CD is nearly impossible to find.

In between is another answer. Offer a woman a chance to meet a man who is so cute he's almost pretty, has a sweet soft voice, a gentle touch, listens to you talk, wants to please you in every way he can, loves taking his time while making love, loves foreplay, and loves to go clothes shopping with you and for you, and he's not gay and not married - and about 90% would say "when can I meet him?".

As CDs and TGs and even TSs, we often have the desire to feel like a woman as well as just dress like a woman. Even if we don't want to BE a woman for the rest of our lives, we are more sympathetic to the issues of women. As a TS/TV/CD I know exactly where to scratch that will make a woman purr with glee. I know how to listen in a way that she almost can't stop talking, because she knows I am really interested. I know how to treat her in public, I know how to complement her in a way that she really feels acknowledged, and I know how to make sure she is completely satisfied not only in the bedroom, but in the dining room and the bathroom as well.

When I explained to my wife which parts of me were Debbie and which parts were Rex, she realized that she liked Debbie MUCH more than Rex. Of course, I had the benefit of 12 step programs and Landmark Education courses to help me really understand which was which and why.

The thing about a TS/TV/CD is not that they are feminine, or want to be women, it's that they don't feel they are allowed to be feminine or express their feminine traits when they are in "man mode". Ironically, the more we express those feminine traits, the more attractive we become to the kinds of women who would like a TS/TV/CD even if they don't realize it at the time.

Often the bigger problem is that we are too selective. Because we are so aware of femininity, we often seek out the women who are the most feminine and most attractive. The problem is that we are competing with dozens of men who will use their power and masculinity and initiate and be sexually aggressive. Often, when a woman is dressing in a very sexy and feminine way, this is exactly what she wants.

But a woman seeking a more feminine boy is more likely to dress LESS feminine, and is more likely to reject direct advances from "macho men" and more likely to be seeking out and initiating with more effeminate men. Very often, women like this will even flirt and joke about gender role switching and really appreciate when a man not only recognize that this is what she is doing, but let her know that they really LIKE that she's doing that.

Halloween is probably the ultimate opportunity for a single CD or TG to meet the woman of her dreams. Coming to a costume party looking like a French maid or harlot or any other really sexy feminine outfit that suggests submission and pleasing a partner - will often bring out women who might not be as likely to pick us up if we were walking down the street or a shopping mall, or even in a club on any other day of the year. She doesn't have to worry about what her friends are thinking, because many of them are hunting for their fantasy boy or fantasy girl or fantasy boy/girl or girl/boy themselves.

This is a great time to go to as many parties as you can, and GIVE OUT your phone number to as many girls as you want. You might only give it out to 5-10 girls, but you are VERY likely to get a call back. I liked to put my femme name on the back of a business card that had my home and office number on it. Very effective.

If we were open to ALL of the offers we got, no matter how subtle, and we were able to recognize them, we'd probably find that about one in five women would LOVE to at least take us on a date and get to know our femme side.

KTcat
10-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Kim - I agree, I am attracted to the person first - labels are so constricting as, IMHO, sexuality and gender identity is entirely fluid.

This is where I also agree with the lovely DebbieL there are personality traits I equate with a TS/TV/CD that I find attractive - do I consider them to be femine personality traits? No, but I'm happy to call them that for convenience.

I belong to a Vegan forum also - not a lot of 'manly' meat and two veg men actively want to date vegans you know - and there was a huge discussion as to whether people on the forum would date a non vegan or even vegetarian! I'm sure you can imagine there were strong views on eother side. Again, I am wary of labels as what veganism/vegetarianism means to an individual is fluid too.

I was a CD admirerer, long before I was vegan - I am many things, I would just like to meet a person compatible with my lifestyle choices. Believe me, at 40 it is begining to seem like too much to ask!

Just thinking back to the initial post, how would you describe your ideal GG? With regard to their positioning on the sexuality/gender identity spectrum?

Momarie
10-05-2011, 01:58 PM
My guess is there are even fewer lesbians seeking a cder. :outtahere:

KTcat
10-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi Dary04,

I see this is your first post, you need 10 post to be able to contact/be contacted by others. I found it really difficult to reach my first 10 posts, but please keep posting, as you will find a lot of wisdom and strength here.

larry
10-05-2011, 03:54 PM
If we were open to ALL of the offers we got, no matter how subtle, and we were able to recognize them, we'd probably find that about one in five women would LOVE to at least take us on a date and get to know our femme side.

Now THAT is funny .......

KTcat
10-05-2011, 04:20 PM
OK = you have to also realise that GGs are unikely to make the same moves as male cd admirer might. Or indeed, that you yourself might make in you male guise.

GGs hav e been conditioned by society too of course. And making the first move is perhaps not a comfortable stance. So where can we meet in the middle - online is of course the obvious answer. However, we do not all live in largely populated areas. Some of us might prefer a more global perspectve? How do you, the CD community propose that a GG might best meet a CDer?

MJ
10-05-2011, 04:56 PM
How do you, the CD community propose that a GG might best meet a CDer?

on line is of course just one answer. but what about events like sparkle in the UK I'm sure there are others like scc in Atlanta that way you get to meet up in a safe environment

Angie G
10-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Keep looking hun. It will happen someday.:hugs:
Angie

Barbara Dugan
10-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Yes there are women that want a relationship with a CD, I always state on my profiles that I am gay and into masculine guys and even with that I get on a few ocassions a lady that seems to be interested on me...it always freak me out:eek:

Rachel Morley
10-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Our own Rachel Morley is married to a woman who actively sought out a crossdressing man for a husband. Rachel is a very lucky lady, and her wife is a treasure.
This is true. I did meet my wife Marla on a CDing forum (not this one). You see Marla doesn't really like "regular men" and so she was looking to date a CDer as she knew CDers from before and always found them to be the type of partner she might want to be with. i.e. kind, caring, softer, gentler, less manly, never macho, more like a woman in their personality, and also someone who has a strong empathy for women, but most of all, someone who loves and looks up to women (Marla is somewhat of a feminist). Now all those things I just listed will not be enough to make a life partner as there are all the personal and intimate things that have to "click" to make the chemistry work , but my point is, she was looking to date a CDer in the beginning because she though they/we had the making of the type of partner she wanted.

I have no clue how many women there are out there like my wife, but girly, geeky, soft and gentle is what she wants from a "man" :)

pinto
10-06-2011, 08:10 AM
This is wonderful Rachel and I am happy with you.

Thanks for the hint Lisa i will have a look.

Badtranny
10-06-2011, 09:14 AM
I have no clue how many women there are out there like my wife, but girly, geeky, soft and gentle is what she wants from a "man" :)

...and I've gotta say that Rachel's wife is stunning. Absolutely beautiful.

joannemarie barker
10-06-2011, 09:18 AM
I happen to have a very good friend who is actively looking for a CD male. The femmer the better. She would love to meet a pretty CD who prefers women but it's hard to find someone in such a closeted community. I told her she should join this site but she hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Also, I tend to meet a lot of women in clubs and bars who seem to be very interested in me until they find out I'm strictly dickly. I think the easy part is meeting women. The hard part is being comfortable enough with who you are that you're not creepy.

LMAO strictly dickly....love that :D

Duana
10-06-2011, 04:06 PM
I asked my gf today and she said if we weren't together she would seek another CD. She loves it. I also met a gg at a club that said She loved CDs. The women are out there.

Katie in Canada
10-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Hello,

KT

Hello KT,

You are absolutely wonderful...wish I lived in Glasgow.

cheers,
KJ
Victoria, B.C.
Canada

SabrinaEmily
10-06-2011, 06:37 PM
I think i hear crickets chirping ...........

Nope.

Even ten posts in when you wrote this, nope.

Lorileah
10-06-2011, 06:53 PM
check CL ,CRAIGSLIST ,backpage and other sites that have dating like alt.com

just check for w4t,w4w

OY, I don't think that is the kind of partner most women want.

darla_g
10-06-2011, 06:55 PM
I have only seen a few women (GG) on here who expressed a preference for CDs. I have known a few women who are accepting of CDs, but would not say its their preference. I think people search out a partner that they feel connected with first. If they happen to be a CD, so be it.

Kate T
10-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Again I wonder are we just pigeon holing and stereotyping ourselves again. Being CD and having an uncommon gender identity is just a part of me. It's not ALL of who I am. I would hope that one seeks out a prospective partner because they love all of you, not just a part of you.

JustineFallow
10-08-2011, 10:29 PM
I have to say that alt.com does NOT have an awful lot of GG's looking for CD's. I dated a woman from there who wasn't specifically seeking CD's but found me interesting enough (her words, not mine!) to meet up. We had fun, but it just didn't work out long-term. The amount of women on that site who actually exclude CD's from their preferences is higher than the ones who welcome them, in my experience.

Lip5tick_Li5a
10-08-2011, 11:15 PM
I had a best friend who was REALLY turned on when she found out I was interested in CDing, and she wanted to advance the relationship to the next level. Problem was, I'm asexual and she had a VERY high sex drive.

My biggest barriers in relationships have nothing to do with CDing. Since I have almost no interest in sex with anyone, I'm a dreadful boring lover. And since I have a lot of radical feminist views, I suck at being the attentive guy who gives her earrings and gets off on seeing her be feminine. Quite the opposite, I have recently found myself repulsed by such outward displays of femininity and submission. I've been told by my GG friends that I'm more like "another girl" or a "gay hairdresser" than a guy, hence their lack of interest.

In my case, if a girl wanted a CD, it would probably be a problem since girls who want CDs tend to do so because of sexual attraction. The problem is that my pumps are no more sexual to me than my Doctor Who costume. It's just something fun for glamor and dress-up, which makes me bad at fulfilling her fantasies.

eluuzion
10-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Here is the important question...

Where are all of the statistics gurus when you need them? I thought for sure somebody would have posted a percentage figure guess of some sort by now. No wonder we can't find SO, we let all of this important data slip by.

I would do it myself but statistics are like reading operator manuals of new toys I buy. I am good for about 26 seconds before I lose interest and patience. I just like to see results, not all the details explained in two different languages mixed together...:D

:love:

Aprilrain
10-09-2011, 12:00 AM
nope.

Even ten posts in when you wrote this, nope.

huh?????????????????????

pinto
10-13-2011, 01:05 AM
so many more women are into TS then CD'S and the more passable/pretty you are the more they want to be with you.

I meet so many WOMEN WHO want to have a relationship with a full time TS

Hi Lisa,
can you explain what kind of women these are?

ElusiveGirl
10-13-2011, 09:10 AM
In my experience as a CD (well, as an emerging pre-op MTF back then), lesbian clubs are generally terrible for meeting single females. Same for Craigslist, just avoid it.

Women who are into CD's tend to be creative, independent, and perhaps a little tomboyish. Very secure in their identity (and you should be too). Forget searching online. The only way to meet them is to go out, be seen, look good, feel confident, have fun, and laugh about the irony of it all. If you are a well-rounded, likable person with something to offer... the girls will be curious to know more.

Amy Hepker
10-13-2011, 03:32 PM
I wish I knew where I could find such a Lady

ReineD
10-13-2011, 03:53 PM
I wish I knew where I could find such a Lady

Amy, I think there are millions of lonely, single people (no matter the gender or presentation) who are not finding soul mates. :sad:

I love ElusiveGirl's answer just above yours. It's just a question of numbers, really, like finding a job. Go out there, meet lots of people, and eventually you'll connect with someone. But it won't happen if you stay home.

Babeba
10-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Count me as someone who (looking back at my relationships of the past) has always been attracted to a somewhat feminine man. Dating a CDer really gives me the best of everything, as my SO is incredibly kind, nurturing, and supportive in ways which are traditionally male as well as traditionally female. Knowing what I know now about the sort of guy I'm attracted to, if Crystal was ever killed in an accident as she saved a dozen orphans from a burning building and I couldn't find the reincarnation of Cary Grant I would probably be very happy with another CDer.

Perhaps a bisexual woman that doesn't really desire a "man" to complete her is more apt to be receptive to the T minded lifestyle.After all,most of us are still "able to get it done"when it comes to heavier tasks in a household. So,we do have some value ! lol I think perhaps a lesbian with a woman's clothes store or shoe store might accept us better than most.

Rogina, one does not need to be a lesbian or bisexual in order to be comfortable within herself without making a man prop her up! :) I'm not convinced that a lesbian would be a receptive partner for a crossdresser (as opposed to a transwoman, perhaps who had completed her transition).

Hi Presh,
i didn't ask for the reason to find such a woman I just wanted to know. Ok, if i would meet such a woman you never know what will happen but mainly i am curious.

I know the answer to this one!! If you've got any respect at all for your wife, then nothing will happen! :D

If you are acting as though you are single/available to meet other women to possibly develop romantic relationships - and you are not in an open relationship with a firm, solid base and 100% open communication - then you really need to take a look at what you're doing to yourself and your wife.

ReineD
10-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Reine is so right on this[at least for me].We have the ability to play the part of our fantasy woman and perfect her .Our energys go toward her and the SO takes the back seat. Perhaps a bisexual woman that doesn't really desire a "man" to complete her is more apt to be receptive to the T minded lifestyle.

Rogina, one does not need to be a lesbian or bisexual in order to be comfortable within herself without making a man prop her up! :) I'm not convinced that a lesbian would be a receptive partner for a crossdresser (as opposed to a transwoman, perhaps who had completed her transition).

I can't agree with Babs more. Rogina, I had mentioned a woman's dilemma when she is with a CDer who is more invested in the CDing than in the relationship. This doesn't mean she needs a man to "complete" her. A person of any gender would like to feel a priority in their partner's life, and not an afterthought.

Assuming the CDer is past the pink fog stages and can focus again on a relationship, there's no reason to believe that he can't find happiness with a hetero woman ... assuming there is no "yin/yin" situation and he in fact wants to be with a woman and not a man. A hetero GG will more readily accept her CDing partner's biological reality.

A lesbian wouldn't be into a partner with a penis, and there is a risk that a bisexual woman wouldn't either since, because of her bisexuality, she has the option to be with a real woman when she wants to be with one, and so might prefer her man to be all male. I remember reading posts in this forum from bi-women who felt this way. Others have enjoyed their partners' feminine sides, just like some of the hetero women do. :)

Jenniferathome
10-14-2011, 08:16 AM
I think the percentage that "want" a cross dresser is probably close to 0. This is not to be confused with tolerance or even the fun that some couples may have together as "girlfriends." In my case, my wife knows and is totally supportive but doesn't understand it and I know she never will. So, why would someone seek out something they can not understand? undoubtedly, there's the unique woman out there that actually wants such a partner, but she would be a rarity.

Badtranny
10-14-2011, 08:50 AM
I think the percentage that "want" a cross dresser is probably close to 0

Jennifer, this is just plain wrong. As I and others have said, if you just get OUT you would be surprised at who you meet. I realize that I'm a little different than you, but it is definitely not unusual to meet women when I'm out and about.

pinto
10-21-2011, 08:29 PM
I think the percentage that "want" a cross dresser is probably close to 0. This is not to be confused with tolerance or even the fun that some couples may have together as "girlfriends." In my case, my wife knows and is totally supportive but doesn't understand it and I know she never will. So, why would someone seek out something they can not understand? undoubtedly, there's the unique woman out there that actually wants such a partner, but she would be a rarity.

Jennifer, if your wife doesn't understand does not mean all women don't understand. As i have understood from this thread is that there are women around that like the advantages of having a crossdressing partner. This can be for example to have a girlfriend who is does have the little extra or who can be also masculine once in a while. As far as i know there can be many aspects that ladies may like in a crossdresser. Hopefully there are much more than 0%. After reading the posts i am sure there are plenty around, they just need to be found...

Imeni
10-22-2011, 12:28 AM
As a youngin' with a girlfriend who openly loves the fact that I do it, all I can do is offer what I feel that she goes through.

Like several ladies have posted here already, she's also Bisexual. She sees what I do as beneficial to her needs from both sexes. I'm still very much a guy in everything I do. Wearing a dress doesn't make me any less the guy I was. I'm sweet, charming, always make her feel special. But I'm also kind, compassionate and tender towards her needs as a woman because i understand a little more about women than most "Straight Guys" because I choose to find out as much as I can about the stuff she goes through. Plus heels suck. :o Hurt like hell. She loves that I can understand that. haha. She likes that when I go to bed, I can wear a silky chemise and a pair of panties and she can touch that as well as her man at once. She said its like, wanting a brownie when you are eating cake. Best of both worlds without the issues of dating two people at once. She loves that im unique. i do what i want to do, what makes ME happy but still make sure she wants me to do it, which she always does, just in case. So if she did have a problem with it, id take that into consideration. I love my woman.

larry
10-22-2011, 05:25 PM
I am sorry to hear of your passing. Oh you didn't ? I am sorry. I just thought you were already living in Heaven.. !!

As a youngin' with a girlfriend who openly loves the fact that I do it, all I can do is offer what I feel that she goes through.

Like several ladies have posted here already, she's also Bisexual. She sees what I do as beneficial to her needs from both sexes. I'm still very much a guy in everything I do. Wearing a dress doesn't make me any less the guy I was. I'm sweet, charming, always make her feel special. But I'm also kind, compassionate and tender towards her needs as a woman because i understand a little more about women than most "Straight Guys" because I choose to find out as much as I can about the stuff she goes through. Plus heels suck. :o Hurt like hell. She loves that I can understand that. haha. She likes that when I go to bed, I can wear a silky chemise and a pair of panties and she can touch that as well as her man at once. She said its like, wanting a brownie when you are eating cake. Best of both worlds without the issues of dating two people at once. She loves that im unique. i do what i want to do, what makes ME happy but still make sure she wants me to do it, which she always does, just in case. So if she did have a problem with it, id take that into consideration. I love my woman.