PDA

View Full Version : Do you own the clothes...

il.dso
10-05-2011, 07:09 AM
or do the clothes own you?
My urge to wear women's clothes and crossdress is so powerful and overwhelming that I often ask myself this somewhat unusual question.
Can anyone else out there relate to this question?

noeleena
10-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Hi,

Is this like, we have cats & who owns who.

My clothes are to wear. i allso design make & sew what i wear, manly for our olden days groups .

I wear them because i like them & they suit my self to a tee, .

In my day to day wear. i only have my womens clothes & why would i wont to wear mens clothes, that dont suit me .

Tho i understand you my body shape says woman,

...noeleena...

Karren H
10-05-2011, 07:52 AM
I remember a time when they owned me but I have changed.... I don't own 100 bras or 300 pairs of panties. I don't buy something just because if female.

*Vanessa*
10-05-2011, 08:08 AM
A little different slant on this il.dso (love the name, sounds Spanish)

We are 'attached' to everything we have, this is why we buy stuff. It look familiar, it excites us, we get a little endorphin rush from them. You didn't talk buying stuff but here's a twist for you. My Ex had orgasm like highs when she shopped for shoes. For her that was an all day experience. Back to my point; when we cycle through this it is called Samara, as we get more we want more. That old set of earrings that you don't wear anymore was once bright and shinny new, what changed? :) IMHO
(to most clear as mud - I don't mind)

Phoebe
10-05-2011, 08:16 AM
The female clothes I purchase are owned by myself. I am not a clothes horse by any means. My closet contains about equal amounts of male and female clothing. Lingerie mostly panties I have about twenty pair. Four bras, four garter belts and bought 12 pairs of nylon stockings a few months ago at Stocking Store: http://www.stockingstore.com/Alicia-Sheer-Stretch-Stockings-p/ss405.htm

pinto
10-05-2011, 08:22 AM
It's interesting, when i did not crossdress i never was interested in clothes. Today I get a thrill when I see ladies wear in a shop or in a catalogue. I even can't get enough. I am not sure if they own me - at least i am fascinated.

Sara Jessica
10-05-2011, 08:56 AM
It's actually a very good question. Having style means owning the look. Wearing something that is inspiring rather than "just because it's female" as Karren points out.

I remember a time when they owned me but I have changed.... I don't own 100 bras or 300 pairs of panties. I don't buy something just because if female.

sissystephanie
10-05-2011, 09:12 AM
I own my clothes, both male and female!! None of them own me. I am a person and they are "things!" "Things" do not have the power to own anything, unless you allow it to have that power. Yes, I do have more feminine clothes than I really need, but I do wear them all! I like the fit, the feel, and the look!!

VioletJourney
10-05-2011, 10:42 AM
I own the clothes. I grew out of the pink fog.

suchacutie
10-05-2011, 10:56 AM
If I were independently wealthy, I could imagine that it would be possible to have a closet that wouldn't quit!!! However, limited funds and a logical wife tend to limit any craziness in this regard. Thus, I've focused on clothes that will allow me to mix and match to some extent, with a few dresses mixed in. So far it seems to work!

Shoes...now that's a different story :)

tina

ArleneRaquel
10-05-2011, 11:17 AM
All of my femmy things were purchased by me for me, except for 4 items, 3 silk half slips, and one silk robe, all were the property of my late wife. I never wore any of them, except the robe, until relatively recently, now that I have fallen in love with slips I wear hers quite often. :)

Debra Russell
10-05-2011, 11:52 AM
I buy and wear things I like and will look good on me -- I don't own a lot of womens clothes and like what I own..........Debra

Kittyagain
10-05-2011, 01:23 PM
I just want to look pretty. Clothes help a lot.

Kitty

bashfullbi
10-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Only about 100 pair of panties, 3 skirts, 2 pair of yoga pants, 3 loose fit tops, 14 bra's, 3 running bra's[ my fav. to wear out at dusk when jogging with short shorts],o ya, my 3 camis, and 1 silky panty,skirt, and top set, my avatar pic. few other items, can't remember right at this point.

StarrOfDelite
10-05-2011, 01:53 PM
I understand the type of urge you describe. Body hormones and enzymes, coupled with the convoluted mazes of experience and memory in my mind, make me a partially androgynous, partially male, and partially female person 24/7/365. I'm never disjointed from my feminine side and sometimes when the feminine and/or androgynous elements are in the ascendance, I can feel urges which might be interpreted as compulsive behavior. I tend to have OCD behavior anyway, especially about exercise and body image, so I'm not sure whether the urges which I feel are specific to CD'ing, or merely part of a more inclusive personality trait.

I have always been able to control the urges when circumstances dictate, so I'd have to say that I own the clothes, and not vice versa. Since I live alone and am only in the closet to business associates and my out-of-town children, I do have the luxuries of being able to dress at home and go out in public, which a lot of married members of this forum don't enjoy. I suspect my behavior might be much more compulsive if I was only able to dress when I had the house/condo/apt to myself for just a few hours at a time.

*Vanessa*
10-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Only about 100 pair of panties, 3 skirts, 2 pair of yoga pants, 3 loose fit tops, 14 bra's, 3 running bra's[ my fav. to wear out at dusk when jogging with short shorts],o ya, my 3 camis, and 1 silky panty,skirt, and top set, my avatar pic. few other items, can't remember right at this point.

Holycrap sweetie - need a hand with wearing all those? :battingeyelashes:
no seriously, I'll send you my mailing address :)

Your subtle friend
Vanessa

Cheryl T
10-05-2011, 03:05 PM
I own the clothes, but my cat owns me...so I suppose she owns the clothes....LOL.

Lynn Marie
10-05-2011, 05:40 PM
I've had the experience of being "owned" by stuff before. I don't let that happen any more.

ArleneRaquel
10-05-2011, 05:42 PM
I own the clothes, they dont own me, at least not yet. But man so many feminine clothes are a great temptation. :devil:

Jorja
10-05-2011, 07:54 PM
....."Own it". This in itself sounds silly, but when you put the dress on, wear it....don’t let it wear you. Make the mental decision that when you’re dressed, it belongs to you, that it is you, and you want to share it with her. All else will fall into place....

I don't know who said this but they were right!

sanderlay
10-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Wow... good question!

There was a time when I was still in the closet that I bought clothes just to feel good. Some skirts did not fit or were to short. I don't think they ever owed me but my girl inside has been and can be rather compulsive at times when it comes to shopping. Later when I came to my senses I'd ask myself what I was thinking when I bought that?

Now that I'm out and wearing feminine attire in public I'm a lot more selective. I try them on in the store and say no a lot. I'm looking for sales and bargains a lot more now. I'm thinking what colors or patterns go with certain pieces. Would this fit in my closet? Sometimes I just tell him... "Just buy it... You'll be glad you did later."

I do have a few articles of clothing I selected after my Mother passed that were her's. They are quite special and close to my heart.

Skyeyes
10-18-2011, 03:11 PM
I own the clothes. I remember my first bra. I opened the package and took it out. I held it in my hand and said out loud, "this is mine". It was actually a very powerful moment.