PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me???

bredalee25
10-05-2011, 08:13 PM
I noticed that my wardrobe has more purple tops than any other color. I think purple looks really good on me. I also think others look good wearing purple. Maybe it has something to do with my school colors being purple and white. I don't know but I really like purple in anything femme.

Does anybody share my oppinion on the color purple?

cassandra54
10-05-2011, 08:17 PM
absolutely. i love purple. have a lot of tops purple, reddish, a purple skirt, and a purple dress. lots of blues too. pretty much my favorite colors in guy mode too.

Toni Citara
10-05-2011, 08:30 PM
I love purple!!

I have a couple of GG friends that rave about how sexy Nathan Fillion looks wearing purple shirts on Castle.

Drab...
http://oi53.tinypic.com/2yuzu2q.jpg

and Fab!!!
http://oi52.tinypic.com/10fndqq.jpg

PretzelGirl
10-05-2011, 09:42 PM
I think it is common for us to have more of the colors that might be avoided in menswear. Do you think that pink is probably overdone by us just a tad? Purple is #2 in colors that are considered femme, so I am not surprised that you have a lot. Go for it and enjoy it. Then when changing back, put on that drab tan or brown. Isn't that true?

Danni Renee
10-05-2011, 09:45 PM
I think I went through a purple fog before I went through the pink fog! I like purple as well but I am starting to drift now to other colors as well.

Danni

cassandra54
10-05-2011, 09:46 PM
I think it is common for us to have more of the colors that might be avoided in menswear. Do you think that pink is probably overdone by us just a tad? Purple is #2 in colors that are considered femme, so I am not surprised that you have a lot. Go for it and enjoy it. Then when changing back, put on that drab tan or brown. Isn't that true?

my all-time favorite guy shirt is from eddie bauer, kind of light purple border around white squares. i've had it for almost ten years. i just got a kind of purple polo shirt from kohl's and i like that a lot too

AllieSF
10-05-2011, 10:34 PM
I also went through the purple phase too. One thing to remember that each of us based on our complexion, eye and hair color really do look better in some specific colors and less better (in contrast to more betta!) in other colors. I do look good in purples, especially darker shades. Therefore, I do have a good collection of tops but not any bottoms.

docrobbysherry
10-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I'm with u on "purple", Brenda! ( See my signature pic!) I must have over 25 purple tops and at least 15 purple skirt/shorts. Many different shades. Sounds GREAT doesn't it?

Well, it's NOT! I tried to find one of each that matches. With NO LUCK! How is that possible?

Diane Smith
10-06-2011, 12:16 AM
I think almost everybody, male or female, looks good in purple. It's the most common bright color in my femme wardrobe too (although black and white are still tops overall).

- Diane

erickka
10-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Purple and darker hues of pink, staples in my wardrobe.

Kittyagain
10-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Sun Flower Yellow, that is my favorite.

Kitty

Karren H
10-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Yeah! I have a lot of purple and plum... Clothes and eye shadows... Just looks prettier on me....

jillleanne
10-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Two years ago I went on a pink kick, fell in love with it, still do. Last year purple struck me like a baseball bat. Off I went shopping for a wardrobe of purple and still love it immensely. Last week I bought a new pair of purple shrug boot for fall/winter. Love it!!

Vieja
10-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Purple is OK but I lean more toward Lilac and Lavender as to me the seem more feminine. When Vanity Fair came out with their panty three pack in pastel colors of pink, light yellow and violet

I was ecstatic and if the back order time hadn't been so long I might have had more panties than I could use in my lifetime.

Vieja

Cynthia Anne
10-06-2011, 09:33 AM
I love purple! For it keeps me in the pink! Hugs!

Kathy4ever
10-07-2011, 04:51 AM
I second the lilac and lavender colors. Got to becareful with straight purple because you don't want to look like Barney do you.The hues of purple are so passioniat. I think i read one time that purple is a sign of passion.

Purple is OK but I lean more toward Lilac and Lavender as to me the seem more feminine. When Vanity Fair came out with their panty three pack in pastel colors of pink, light yellow and violet

I was ecstatic and if the back order time hadn't been so long I might have had more panties than I could use in my lifetime.

Vieja