PDA

View Full Version : That same old pose

NathalieX66
10-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Okay,
I'm on some other CD/TG networks where there are photos of other gilrs like us , I admit that, myself included. Having a digital presence by photos in the cyber world has definitely allowed me to express myself as I am 24/7/365 without changing my lifestyle. I truly love, and perhaps need to express this side of me. I don't do this for clothings' sake, I dress because this is me. Not that I don't have my own fetishes, nothing I want to share really, but any article of clothing or shoes don't mean anything to me really.

Not to deride anybody here, but I see tons of other photos of other girls in this certain pose or stance, you know the famous bend-over shot...... sometimes, but not all the time, but hiding one's identity, where the head is cropped out. They seem to be a dime a dozen. ....which seems to be like the thousands.
I can understand the thrill of certain types of clothing if you are a closet cd'er, schoolgirl mini-kilts' sheer stockings & garter belts, 6" stilettos, etc, so on and so forth. But what gets me really is the redundance of those photos of the same pose I mentioned.

What are these guys, by the plethora trying to achieve?
I really do not give a at's rass who they are trying to attract for mates. If it's guys, fine, that's their business.
But I've seen photos of real women from Playboy & other mags, Snap-On wrench calendars, vintage pin-up art like Gil Elvgren, Vargas, and even the pics of models in Victoria's Secret catalogs that are so extremely well put together. The girls in these pics are hot. But the photography is top notch too.

That said, I've seen quite a few in the CD/TG community that also makes an effort in shooting great photog, with a decent level of creativity and taste that rivals what I mentioned above.

I'm just not getting this commomplace bend-over-backwards thing....it just seems so old and cliché.....stupid, even. I'm just not getting it. I hope I don't offend anybody here.

Is this a fair rant, anybody? :confused:

Sara Jessica
10-06-2011, 07:50 PM
It's a valid point Nathalie. Just as for some in our community the extremes in clothing (the tightest and mini-est of skirts, the highest of heels, the plunging tops) become some sort of a cliche for a perceived notion of femininity, said poses are the same way. I don't think we see a whole lot of that stuff though in these pages though when it does, a lot of people seem to go ga-ga over it.

AllieSF
10-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Well, I need to see a few pics with those poses to be able to comment. I really cannot picture what you are trying to depict in words. I do agree that there are some poses that to me are way over done, and that detract rather than enhance the beauty in the pic.

kimdl93
10-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Personally that isn't my style. Maybe if I was young and cute. But my goal photographically is to be honest but not scary.

Eryn
10-06-2011, 08:05 PM
We all have different goals. Some of what I see seems rather ludicrous, but that might well be the reaction of those folks to my attempts to blend and be stylishly age-appropriate. They might well think "Why waste time in long flowing skirts when you can look HOT in a mini?"

To each their own! :)

docrobbysherry
10-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Well, I need to see a few pics with those poses to be able to comment. I really cannot picture what you are trying to depict in words. I do agree that there are some poses that to me are way over done, and that detract rather than enhance the beauty in the pic.
I'm not sure if I understand your point either, Nathalie. However, if it's that so many photos r cliched, as Sara mentioned, I'm here to REPRESENT for the cliches! Because, I guess I r one!

When I see a photo of a hot GG, or see her in a movie, or in a mall, I try to figure what makes her LOOK stand out for me. Then, I try to have Sherry duplicate that LOOK! Sometimes I like the results, sometimes not so much.

Maybe other dressers do the SAME THING! Which may result in a lot of similar "poses". Then, if we like how we look, we post pics. Which may mean similar poses. But, I don't think you'd condemn us for trying to copy hot GGs. So, maybe I didn't get your point, Nathalie!?

NathalieX66
10-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Sherry, you are far from the cliché, from what I've seen and of you, femskin, and not........you are a million miles from the folks I'm talking about. .....seriously. You got class.
And you are pretty cool in person too.

Barbara Dugan
10-06-2011, 08:47 PM
I understand the point, we all dress for a variety of reasons, I still don't get the thrill of the clothes or the feeling of textures of fabrics...I love my femenine self expression and looks and when I take a picture they always reflect my mood at the moment....they can be erotic because yes crossdressing can be a sexual expression or just normal pictures

Nancy (PA)
10-06-2011, 10:00 PM
IMHO, your comments are sarcastic, at best. Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder.

Kate Simmons
10-07-2011, 03:26 AM
Well, we are not all photog experts nor do we all have the latest gadgets. Most of my pics were taken with a mini digicam in a mirror with ambient lighting. In the beginning I didn't even feel the need to post pics(and used a standard avatar here) but was prompted by others to do that. What it developed into was a diagnostic tool for myself trying out different looks. I really didn't care if anyone saw me en femme nor did I give a hoot one way or another for any critiquing.Putting myself on display or "strutting my stuff" never entered into it really. I'm not offended though as what I think you are saying is that some could use a little more imagination if they DO post a pic and I kind of agree with that.:)

Noemi
10-07-2011, 03:40 AM
What about the awful stuff that CDing web sites have for sale. I can dig you being direct, have to take a stand sometimes, bound to offend someone.......
I will never buy any of those tasteless clothes. I want women's clothes. It is the thinking that you question. Why would someone post a picture with out their head, I mean that ruins the shot completely and ain't no fun to look at artistically. Is there another website with just their heads LOL!!!
It takes time and commitment to dress up and look like Fem. And it is so worth it when you are getting close, the sense of relief I experience, it feels so good on a soul level. And is undeniably erotic.......

Shelly Preston
10-07-2011, 04:09 AM
I understand the reason behind the rant and some of the coments too.

However please remember we are all here for support and are not always comfortable in showing faces.

As an example my avatar shows my picture but it took me over a year to be comfortable putting it on show.

I am sure we all have differing levels of comfort Nathalie being 24/7 is great fot those than can and want to achieve that.

Constructive comments are always welcome to help people improve their look.

Others like to stay hidden be it a pose where you can not see the face or chopping the head of the pic.

Some are not comfortable posting pics at all.

For some its part of a journey or part of a natural evolution but others are happy with where they are.

PLEASE REMEMBER WE ARE HERE FOR SUPPORT AND TO HELP OTHERS

Kaitlyn Michele
10-07-2011, 05:34 AM
jeepers..

so what exactly are the acceptable poses?

what a mean spirited and judgmental post..

Kittyagain
10-07-2011, 05:45 AM
No, I do not think this is a fair rant. If you asked the question why, then that would have been better than slapping others around.

My guess is you have forgotten about when you were young and the testosterone level was much higher.

I am not a fan of the pose either but then I am older now.

I too have posted some small rants that I wished I would not have.

Kitty

noeleena
10-07-2011, 06:03 AM
Hi,

As many of the forums im on & thats a lot they in the main are to help guide & show we can see others differences ,
tho we dont have to agree with how every one wonts to show them selfs or even dress , we need to remember we are all very different, different idears & looks ,
How we are seen on the street or with others would i know be quite different from say some forums in what they allow,

For my self im a woman i dress how i am most comforable & seen every day by many people friends & others who may not know me, as per my pic, tho i do dress in different stiles, of times past.

The point would be how do we wont to be seen or are we acting as in a show,

...noeleena...

NathalieX66
10-07-2011, 06:12 AM
I'm not trying to put anybody down. I'm trying to get an understanding.

camron
10-07-2011, 06:36 AM
jeepers..

so what exactly are the acceptable poses?

what a mean spirited and judgmental post..

I guess you could go here for suggestions http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathalielandree,
I like the ONES with her arm stretched down and her hand on her knee. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathalielandree/5523992025/in/photostream

andreana
10-07-2011, 07:17 AM
hey folks, you have to remember, the real photos work out to 300 per hour for a photographer plus post production, proper lighting, sets and pro models. For so many others that you talk about trying to match these images is a little cheap canon sureshot, a mirror (usually in the bathroom). If you have ever been in a pro shoot or even the audition you would know that it is not so easy to match the poses of the pros.

camron
10-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Okay,
I'm on some other CD/TG networks where there are photos of other gilrs like us , I admit that, myself included. Having a digital presence by photos in the cyber world has definitely allowed me to express myself as I am 24/7/365 without changing my lifestyle. I truly love, and perhaps need to express this side of me. I don't do this for clothings' sake, I dress because this is me. Not that I don't have my own fetishes, nothing I want to share really, but any article of clothing or shoes don't mean anything to me really.

Not to deride anybody here, but I see tons of other photos of other girls in this certain pose or stance, you know the famous bend-over shot...... sometimes, but not all the time, but hiding one's identity, where the head is cropped out. They seem to be a dime a dozen. ....which seems to be like the thousands.
I can understand the thrill of certain types of clothing if you are a closet cd'er, schoolgirl mini-kilts' sheer stockings & garter belts, 6" stilettos, etc, so on and so forth. But what gets me really is the redundance of those photos of the same pose I mentioned.

What are these guys, by the plethora trying to achieve?
I really do not give a at's rass who they are trying to attract for mates. If it's guys, fine, that's their business.
But I've seen photos of real women from Playboy & other mags, Snap-On wrench calendars, vintage pin-up art like Gil Elvgren, Vargas, and even the pics of models in Victoria's Secret catalogs that are so extremely well put together. The girls in these pics are hot. But the photography is top notch too.

That said, I've seen quite a few in the CD/TG community that also makes an effort in shooting great photog, with a decent level of creativity and taste that rivals what I mentioned above.

I'm just not getting this commomplace bend-over-backwards thing....it just seems so old and cliché.....stupid, even. I'm just not getting it. I hope I don't offend anybody here.

"""Not that I don't have my own fetishes, nothing I want to share really"""

I think you really want to share but can't bring yourself around to doing it.
Go for it girl, you might like it.

SallyS
10-07-2011, 07:38 AM
I do my best not to 'pose' in my own photo's. I try and get a natural every day look.

But I must admit, seeing some of the posted pictures of other, more adventurous members, I quite often go 'WOW you look stunning!!!!'.

When I was younger I did do the 'sexy' posses, but today I'm just glad to take something that doesn't make me look too much like a 6 ' bloke in a badly fitting dress ;)

Tina B.
10-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Well as I see it, it's their body, and there right to pose anyway that is "decent", it's not place to pick them a part, I don't care much for underwear shots myself, but thats just the opinion of a fat guy, if they like it, whats it to me. I think everyone tries to present what they see as there best shots, and I'm not here as a judge nor juror. Oh, and while there are some of those kinds of shots, I think they are in the minority of the photos posted, most are really nice, and fun to see what others are capable of pulling off.
Tina B.

VeronicaMoonlit
10-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Not to deride anybody here, but I see tons of other photos of other girls in this certain pose or stance, you know the famous bend-over shot...... sometimes, but not all the time, but hiding one's identity, where the head is cropped out. TBut what gets me really is the redundance of those photos of the same pose I mentioned.

I understand what you're getting at with pictures of the same pose over and over, and the headless crossdresser shots and so forth...but.

And that sort of thing takes time and skill. And frankly there's some folks reading this post who are saying "who's this Gil Elvgren and Vargas she is referring to".

I'm just not getting it. I hope I don't offend anybody here.

It's a valid point Nathalie. Just as for some in our community the extremes in clothing (the tightest and mini-est of skirts, the highest of heels, the plunging tops) become some sort of a cliche for a perceived notion of femininity, said poses are the same way.

It's a vallid point...but not really a fair rant...because as someone once described it well, we're not all playing the same game here. Let me point to a few photos from Nathalie's flickr to help explain:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathalielandree/6190152525/in/photostream

There she is at the SCC registration sign in a flowy cami, cardi, skinny jeans and cute wedges.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathalielandree/6089117340/in/photostream Shopping at Tarjay in a cute camie and cardi. And I bet that Nathallie also calls it Tarjay.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathalielandree/5524726524/in/photostream There she is in a cute jacket, tee, skinny jeans and ballet flats. hair nicely blown out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathalielandree/5173093951/in/photostream Tunic, jeans and boots. The caption says: This is how I would dress everyday.

And I do believe that though that hair in the pics is a wig, (a very modern looking one), that you ARE growing your own hair out, Nathalie.

Now lets get real for a minute...that's not a crossdresser in those pictures....is it. I don't know many crossdressers who dress like that...and those that do...aren't really crossdressers on the inside. Nathalie...you're a TS or perhaps what I call a proto-TS....you (and Sara and I) are not "playing the same game" as many of the others here.

However, if it's that so many photos r cliched, as Sara mentioned, I'm here to REPRESENT for the cliches! Because, I guess I r one!

Actually Sherry, you tend to vary your poses a LOT from what I've seen and are always playing around with looks.

IMHO, your comments are sarcastic, at best. Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder.

No, it's just that Nathalie is a TS, she's not playing the "same game"...yes I know I'm being prescriptive here Nathalie, going to have to add you to my cheerleading list.

Well, we are not all photog experts nor do we all have the latest gadgets. Most of my pics were taken with a mini digicam in a mirror with ambient lighting.

And another good point...we don't all have professional setups...sometimes we only have enough room in one room. (I liked to use a room on the lower level) Some of us are using phone cameras, others are using mirrors because they don't have self timers or shutter remotes, others don't have tripods. Those things can also limit what we can do.

What about the awful stuff that CDing web sites have for sale.

Don't get me started. :-)

It is the thinking that you question. Why would someone post a picture with out their head, I mean that ruins the shot completely and ain't no fun to look at artistically. Is there another website with just their heads LOL!!!

I understand the sentiment....having poked fun at headless crossdresser pics in one of my early photos, but I understand why they do it. Some don't have wigs or makeup...some don't think their skills with makeup are that good, some have beards, and other reasons.

My guess is you have forgotten about when you were young and the testosterone level was much higher.

Nathalie was crossdressing when she was 8...I started when I was 10 and had a late puberty...hormones weren't really involved in it for us until later. For example...masturbating when dressed is something I didn't do, unlike other "crossdressers" just simply didn't have the desire to. (and in fact I simply don't...at all..I freely admit to being a virgin at 44 and kind of asexual) That's part of the reason I say we're not in the same game.

I'm not trying to put anybody down. I'm trying to get an understanding.

It's okay, I understand where' you're coming from.

For so many others that you talk about trying to match these images is a little cheap canon sureshot, a mirror (usually in the bathroom).

Yes, indeed.

Veronica

Stephanie47
10-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Nathalie, I think I know what poses you are referring to. I think it is a matter of self perception and personal taste. The poses I think you are referring to are also prevalent in the GG world. I'm over sixty and I chose to 'act my age' which really does have a wide range of customary presentations-more so than a teenager. I would never wear anything that would smack of the "Little House on the Prairie' look. However I realize there may be cross dresser that desires that look.

As to the poses in question, I think if you are young in spirit and that's how you feel, then have at it. When I go to the mall I see too many GG's who lack any sense of style based on age. I see GG's who are literally stuffed into their clothing to the extent their boobs are ready to fall out of the tops. GG's who look like stuffed sausages. I see GG's who look like hookers trying to attract boys.

If a CDer chooses to strike a pose that seems age inappropriate, maybe they're just having fun. I personally do not dress for any sort of sexual gratification. I've develop way past my teenage horny stage of development. If I were a comfortable and passable CDer back in the 1960's, WOW!! I'd be wearing one of my wife's style short mini dresses. Now, I'm do not see myself in a mini. That being said, if I was into cross dressing as an art form to express myself as I want to see myself, then maybe I would wear a mini. Of course, I think I would look ridiculous. That look would be incompatible with my inner feminine self at age sixty plus.

So, I enjoy looking at any of the poses posted on this cite. I do not make negative comments. I was raised in the 1950's and 1960's when people openly expressed disapproval or plain hatred for any person or lifestyle that was different than theirs. Once I accepted myself, I found it was easy to accept everybody else.

So, keep those pictures coming- the campy shots as well as the demure shots of a woman truly looking to blend.

t-girlxsophie
10-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Whether I agree or not with the "Rant" I do understand the Pose Nathalie is reffering to.But personally speaking between the time I pose and the time the shutter clicks,the Picture bears absolutely no resemblence to what I thought was gonna come out:D

I know plenty of People,scared of seeing their pics and who run a mile when a camera is produced,not everyone is Photogenic and comfortable in front of a camera,add Crossdressing to the mix and it can be even harder

Sophie

Kerigirl2009
10-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Well those type of photos I figure are mostly self timer photos and most of them are done while hiding from the world. I would love to have the friends to get the natural poses, you know the ones that someone else takes along with friends in the pictures too.
I have one or two pics like you mention (actually one of my favorites) because it looks very natural to me. I was actually trying to adjust the camera quickly while the timer was going and I did not get back to my chair in time.
Those types of poses are also sometimes sexy. Hence why MEN enjoy the looks of those pics.
In early days I had a few pics of myself in the lingerie pose on a different site, but I have since removed them and no longer have these in my collection.

Lynn Marie
10-07-2011, 01:01 PM
I hardly even look at the picture threads any more.

Noemi
10-09-2011, 03:36 AM
I understand the reason behind the rant and some of the coments too.

However please remember we are all here for support and are not always comfortable in showing faces.

As an example my avatar shows my picture but it took me over a year to be comfortable putting it on show.

I am sure we all have differing levels of comfort Nathalie being 24/7 is great fot those than can and want to achieve that.

Constructive comments are always welcome to help people improve their look.

Others like to stay hidden be it a pose where you can not see the face or chopping the head of the pic.

Some are not comfortable posting pics at all.

For some its part of a journey or part of a natural evolution but others are happy with where they are.

PLEASE REMEMBER WE ARE HERE FOR SUPPORT AND TO HELP OTHERS

You are beautiful.
This was very good to read Thank You!

cassandra54
10-09-2011, 09:24 AM
i would have to agree with both shelly and nathalie. the both have good points. for shelly's it's true that some people come in here for support, guidance and not to be exposed. for whatever reasons, they are not comfortable showing their faces. those people will probably never go out in public either.

but others like myself are eager to go out in public. i firmly believe that even if i was seen by someone i know in public that i am not out to, they probably would not recognize me. even then i would not worry about it too much. i've found that when i am cassandra, i have a much different appearance. i tend to have a different facial expression. the reason i do show my face is because it's a part of me and i think the most important part if i am to look like a woman and pass. so yeah, i do show my face and welcome any constructive criticism along the way.