PDA

View Full Version : Formal dresses for upcoming wedding

cdtraveler
10-06-2011, 09:38 PM
attending an out of town wedding of a friend shortly and my SO is fretting over a need for a new dress. tells me she doesn't want to spend much and I'm saying she should spend more to feel and look her best. She a big gal (size 18 or so ) and I was thinking how I could help? she knows nothing about my fashion sense as I'm closeted and have not shown her what I know to date but thought what the heck let me surprise her. began looking online under plus size and curvy but then thought hey i could ask you ladies for your input on online sources of formal evening wear! afterall some of the most classy dressers are my fellow CDs so any guidence would be appreciated. who knows might be my opening to let her see this side of me a bit.

Nancy (PA)
10-06-2011, 09:41 PM
About three weeks ago, or thereabouts, one of the girls showed us an on-line store that rents formal dresses for a few days, Perhaps that's an avenue you might want to pursue, if that gal sees your thread.

KandisTX
10-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Interesting story on this subject, my wife and I had to go to a wedding last weekend. It was a formal wedding, I was one of the groomsmen so I had to wear my kilt and the accessories that go with that. My wife needed a formal dress so she actually went into MY closet and borrowed one of my dresses, a beautiful black velvet and lace formal. She looked absolutely stunning wearing my dress. :)

Tina B.
10-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Sorry I can be of no help, wearing a size 18 myself, I know a great dress can be had, but usually take a lot of looking, at that size, it's cut and style, that make it work, or make you look terrible, and over a 16, they are just where ever you can find the best selection, and that is not easy.
Tina B.

RADER
10-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Go on line and check out the Avenue or Catherin's, They have some beautiful dresses, and in
large sizes. I know because I get mine there.
Rader

cdtraveler
10-07-2011, 08:16 PM
thanks so much for the suggestions! will be enjoying the evening looking at all the outfits i'd like to secretly own!