PDA

View Full Version : Nervous 23y.o guy, not too sure what to do?!

upforfun101
10-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Hi girls I'm James, or i'd like to be called Sam.

Ive been interested in Crossdressing for years now, probably since i was about 6/7, but have been so nervous and ashamed about it. I have used my Mothers and sisters clothes when they are out of town but i feel i'd like to take it further.

Im so nervous/scared about this and just want someone to talk about it with. I'm 6ft5 so this proves a massive problem when trying to dress and i would never dream of wearing heels :(. I'm hoping that joining this site may help me discover the sexy chick that i know is inside, I really hope someone can help me.

Also if anyone is in the North of England then id love to talk further about my predicament.

Hope you girls can help!

Lots of love,

Sam. x

prene
10-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Nice to have you here.

I am tall but only about 6' ... 5-11" LOL

I still get looks cause i love my 3" boots makes me 6-3".

Nice to see you

upforfun101
10-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanx for the reply, i think with heels ill be near 7ft :(.

Bit of a shame, i still am dressing tho. just not with heels. Where did you girls start getting your clothes?

Eryn
10-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Hi Sam! Welcome t the forum!

You've found a great place to talk about CDing. You'll find a lot of different girls here, many of whom have stories much like yours.

You're really lucky to decide to come to terms with yourself at such a young age. I let things stew for decades longer and it wasn't good for me at all.

It's natural to feel nervous and ashamed because that is the programming that society has saddled us with. Viewed logically, nothing that we do is worthy of so much shame. We like women's clothes, so what? 50% of the population has exactly the same interest and feels perfectly OK with it!

Your height is a bit of a handicap, but face it, above 5'10" all women are just plain tall to the general population. I'm 6'2" and love going out in public en femme. You may discover the same or find that you prefer something a bit more private like a CDer group. Do what feels comfortable to you!

I hope to hear a lot more from you!

Hugs, Eryn

Dawn cd
10-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Hi Sam, and welcome. Your predicament about finding clothes for your frame will take time. Don't rush it, and build your wardrobe slowly--but for heaven's sake stop wearing your sister's and mother's. You're a big boy now. The shame is something else. You can start getting rid of that right now. Explore this site. Make friends with the sisters you find here. There's no reason to be ashamed of something that's been with you since childhood and probably will be for the rest of your life. There's a lot of us out here!

Karren H
10-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Exactly. Absolutely nothing to ba ashamed of!! Took me decades to get past that but times have changed. Nothing wrong with liking to do what you like to do!

Melony Wishes
10-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Sam,

Welcome! Many of us started at the same age you did, the same way you did! It might not seem like it, but many of us more "mature" girls will testify society is a lot more tolerant these days than it used to be. (A long way to go still, but much better in relative terms)

My advice is just go ahead and take it further, don't get too stressed about it, you are not an island, there are many millions of girls just like you! (OK not all in Durham! but more than you'd think!) Try to find some GBLTQ club you can go to where you can connect with like minded or at least openminded people ASAP!

I wish I were starting out on my journey today and was only 23! good luck to you Sam!

Samantha_Smile
10-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Hey there.
I'm pretty tall myself luv, 6'6" without the aid of heels, 6'11" in my best pair :D
Don't let your height stop you from getting the pretty shoes in, unless you're going out, when yes, you may look a bit suspect.

If you want shoes, I use 2 places
http://www.bigshoeboutique.co.uk/
http://www.alternative-footwear.co.uk/
I promise you will struggle to find cheaper here in the UK, especially in the sizes Im guessing you will need at 6'2".

Where to buy clothes?
eBay!!!
Honestly its a real gem, lets you choose from cheap as chips stuff thats been pre-loved or something brand new that you just cant refuse.
Best tip I can give for shopping online, get yourself a cheap flexible tape measure and work out what dress size you are and what breast size suits you best (buying a few cheap bras in different cup sizes to start with is a good idea).
Once youve worked this out (use online size charts) there will be no stopping you.

PM me if you want any more info

Devorah
10-07-2011, 12:21 AM
agreed with everyone else, there's nothing to be nervous or scared about; you're just doing what feels natural and what we all enjoy. :).

I'm 6'4 myself without heels. My advice? Get the size heels you like to wear and own the look!

babs816 GG
10-07-2011, 12:39 AM
I'm a GG and I stand six feet bare foot. I love heels. We tall GIRLS need to OWN our height..we ROCK!

B

docrobbysherry
10-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Sam, it's all good! Hit the local thrift shops. Find some clothes that fit. Dressing at home means u can be 3'4" or 7' 9" and no one will know the difference except u. So, try some things out. Find out what u like. Buy some heels! They may be expensive because u may have to order them on line! Baby steps! U have all the time in the world to figure it out!

VioletJourney
10-07-2011, 03:05 AM
Don't feel scared. Crossdressing is only as wrong as you allow it to be; personally, I enjoy it as I would any other hobby and don't think anything of the social ramifications because let's face it, when it comes to being normal or fitting in, I'm beyond repair :heehee:

And don't worry about the heels. Maybe it would be wise not to wear them in public, but they're so fun and so beautiful that it would be tragic to have to deny yourself the heels entirely.

Tasha McIntyre
10-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi Sam, I'm 6 ft 2 ..... not as tall as you but I know where you are coming from. Being tall is no problem at home, but I get a bit self conscious whilst out and about. A cute set of flats or strappy sandals with a 1 inch heel does me.

I was unbelievably nervous first time I hit the mall dressed, but it got easier and better every time. Hope you overcome your nervousness .

Tash :)

DaphneATX
10-07-2011, 10:30 AM
welcome aboard sam hope you enjoy your stay

JenniLyn
10-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Hello Sam, I am also 6'1" and size 14 male shoes but after first time out with 2" heels, I got better and better at being out and about. The first time out is scary but very much anticipation of having fun. Go for it.

Susan_Xdress
10-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Welcome Sam

There are plenty of people here that will help you with issues. They can't help with the height, but can tell you not to give a damn and dress anyway !
I'm 6. 0" without heels, and you DO get noticed when out. Can't tell you how many men have asked me which women's college basketball team I'm playing on. Most dresses will run short on you but just take your time and find styles that work for you. There is no need to rush with any of it, Sam. Dress at home for a while and just get comfortable with yourself - THAT is the biggest step of all.

GeorgiaHall
10-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Welcome to the club Sam! I'm sure you will find a ton of information and support on these pages.

SANDRA MICHELLE
10-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Oh if I had it to do all over. Times have changed since I was 23, 32 years ago but still not where they should be in acceptance. I would weigh all my options and then go full time as a woman, just me saying that, you need to do whats right for you. I am only 5'7" so not too many problems with the height issue making me stand out. I always said though that I love tall girls cause "when I'm nose to nose my toes are in it and when I'm toes to toes my nose is in it", so being tall has it's advantages.

jennifer_cd
10-08-2011, 12:27 PM
One of the things Steve Jobs had to say in his speech to Stanford students in 2005 is below:

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

It's wonderful advice for everyone and can help us all gain the courage to be ourselves and be happier, better individuals :) I'm so glad you're here Sam :)

Jennifer

Danielle_cder
10-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Welcome sam,

there are soo many girls here that can help you achieve your goals! being tall is a gift Im sure you have great legs. As Violet said, "crossdressing is only wrong if 'you' think it is worng" dont let any one tell you otherwise!

-d