PDA

View Full Version : Glasses or not!

SallyS
10-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Like many other's I need glasses because of poor eyesight.

I really can't function without them, but often worry if they are too masculine when I'm my other self.

Any opinions (good or bad!).

They only good thing is that they hide my middle aged 'crows feet':)

BillieLynne
10-07-2011, 05:21 AM
They look nice. I don't think they look masculine at all!

Billie

erickka
10-07-2011, 05:24 AM
They look fine. They surely don't scream "guy glasses" so enjoy your corrected eyesight! :)

noeleena
10-07-2011, 06:11 AM
Hi,Sally,

I wear a pair tho more for sunny days & they are shaped the same & just a little smaller than yours tho orange in colour & for night driveing as well.. they look good so dont think they are not ,

...noeleena...

Cynthia Anne
10-07-2011, 08:11 AM
I really think you look better with the glasses! Perhaps you can purchase a fem pair! But really they look fine on you! Hugs!

kimdl93
10-07-2011, 08:18 AM
they look great. In my opinion, glasses can help feminize a face by shortening the apparent length and size of the nose. Of course, I may be kidding myself into believing that ;)

bridget thronton
10-07-2011, 08:55 AM
You look good wearing your glasses (definitely do not scream male)

linda allen
10-07-2011, 08:58 AM
I have to wear glasses and my regular glasses scream "man". You can get "girl" glasses in your prescription at your local vendors and I think once you have a prescription, you can buy "real" glasses online.

Just a couple days ago I went to the dollar store and bought a pair of weak reading glasses in a pretty "non gender specific" style and they work OK for me for driving, walking, etc. I could have bought red frames but I didn't.

Jilmac
10-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Sally, I wear glasses too, and couldn't see the broad side of a barn without them. Both your pics look good but if you need glasses and feel the ones you have now seem too masculine, do as I did. At my last eye exam I picked out three frames, one male and two female, (one for clear lenses and one for sun glasses). The shape, style and color of the frames make a world of difference when I'm en femme.

sometimes_miss
10-07-2011, 04:48 PM
This is not an advertisement, just a heads up for all of you who wear glasses like I do. I always wanted a pair of 'girl' frames, but never had the guts to go to a regular eyeglass store to get them. BUT...there's an online place, as long as you know your prescription, they will fill it. And the best part is, complete frames and lenses start at only about $8. Shipping is flat rate 4.95 no matter how many pairs you get. I now have a pair in nearly every color. http://www.zennioptical.com
Go get some cute glasses! They make bifocals and sunglasses too. Oh, you'll need your 'pupillary distance'; put on any pair of glasses, get an erasable marker, look in the mirror. Look straight ahead, put a dot on your glasses where you see your pupil. Then measure the distance in metric. That's it.
Exchanges are easy too. I had one set of glasses that had the wrong prescription in one lens; I called, they promptly sent me the new pairs even before they received the wrong ones back.
Some glasses come in different widths too.

sanderlay
10-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Sally,

I think you look great either way. I would not worry. If you need them... wear them.

After getting my eyes checked and a new prescription I went to get some new glasses. I only wear them to drive or in the movie theater and they are very mild, sunglasses and regular. I have a mild drugstore pair for reading that work fine I keep in my purse. I was skirted and was wearing a blouse. I was wearing earrings and a necklace. The woman who helped me just smiled and was very sympathetic. (My money was just as welcome.)

My previous glasses were like aviators and were quite out of style. I was concerned about my side vision and I thought I needed wide glasses. She showed me some small light frames that would help show off my face better. And they look great in female or male mode. I couldn't be happier.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
10-07-2011, 07:08 PM
I have a similar problem. GLASSES, hate them. Unfortunately I cannot wear contact lenses anymore because my eyes reject them since a bad bout of influenza years ago. I have a pair of rimless glasses but often thought about a stylish feminine pair for home. Maybe a good idea but the current female styles do not agree with me at all. Hate horned rims and heavy frames, had them when I was a child and I looked like Mr Magoo, hence another reason why I got teased.
Maybe an idea: one pair for work in male mode and one for home, female designer style?

kellycan27
10-07-2011, 08:10 PM
I only wear glasses when I want to see and not run into the furniture or bang my shins. Luckily i can and do wear contacts, but glasses are more convenient at times. One time at a crowded market the sales clerk said... You look much better without your glasses. I said.. You look much better without my glasses too! Two pairs seems like a good solution... if you have to wear glasses. Having said that. The glasses you are wearing look neutral. OH.. I am wearing my glasses right now lol

Kel