PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Shopping Trip

Jillian Faith
10-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Well Monday was my birthday (will not say how old but suffice to say I'm celebrating well into the double digit anniversaries of my 21st birthday) so I took the day off and had a fun Jill day.

I started early hitting Walmart to pick up a few items for my SO. Second stop was Kohl's where I tried on a couple of sweaters and even was engaged in a short conversation by an older lady in the dressing room who said she thought one of the sweaters I was trying on was cute. She was shopping for a light weight winter coat. Neither sweater was cute enough to pay the asking price so I moved on. By this time the mall was about to open so I started in that direction stopping on the way at our local Marshall's. At Marshall's I checked out the shoes, but didn't see anything I liked in my size. I need a pair of jeans to wear with flats so I headed over to check that next. I found a pair in my size and made a quick pass thru the tops finding a cute scoop neck electric blue top and headed to the dressing room. I checked in with the dressing room attendant and advised her I wanted to try on two items. She handed me my card with the #2 and I headed to an empty dressing room. Well the jeans puckered in the wrong place and I found a pull on the top. To add insult to injury I popped two nails off while zipping up my boots and found that I left the nail glue at home. So detour home for a nail repair.

With my nails secured:) I headed to the mall. Parked by Dillard's checked my lips and hit the mall. At Dillard's I tried on two red special occasion dresses but didn't like the way they fit. Went upstairs to shoes and found a super cute pair of Gianni Bini wedges on sale for $20...Cha Ching you know they came home with me:):)! From Dillard's I went thru Talbot's the SA pointed out a couple of sales but I didn't see anything I liked so off to Macy's. Found a cute red top (My SO and I have been looking for a red top) so I went to try it on. I couldn't decide if I liked it so I reached in purse to get my cell phone to take a picture to show my SO and realized that I left my phone in the dressing room at Dillard's at the far end of the mall. So I got dressed and hoofed it back as quick as I could in my high heeled boots and still maintain my lady like composure. :battingeyelashes:

When I arrived at Dillard's I went straight to the dressing room I had used but it was occupied so I checked with the SA and sure enough she had it. By this time my feet were killing me (guess my feet are out of shape) and the kids in the neighborhood would be coming home from school soon, which meant all the stay at home moms would also be out so I headed home.

All in all it was a good day, the only strange look I detected all day was a double or triple look I received from an older lady at Walmart, for all I know she liked my necklace. For all you girls who are nervous, let me tell you I'm far from a beauty queen and I had no trouble in the dressing rooms at Kohl's, Marshall's, Dillard's or Macy's. I didn't try anything on at Talbot's from from the interaction from the SA I don't think that would have been an issue either. Attached are a few pictures that I took when I got back home.

Jillian Faith
10-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Can anyone tell me how to rotate the attached pictures?

StevieCD
10-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Jillian, just tell every one to rotate their monitor or tilt their head. You look very nice and happy birthday!

Mikka
10-07-2011, 01:20 PM
I just laid my head on my left side and your pictures still look awesome. Sounds like you had a great day. Cute top!!

PretzelGirl
10-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Now that is what I call a birthday Jillian! It is great when we can pamper ourselves for a day and doing so on our birthday is that much better.

You would have to rotate the pictures in an editing program on your computer before uploading them. If you wanted to, you could rotate them on your computer and then edit your post to put the replacements in. But turning our head isn't that hard. Except that my hair keeps falling in my face. :doh:

You look great!

Brenda456
10-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Sounds like a wonderful birthday!

bridget thronton
10-07-2011, 05:34 PM
If you are viewing them in Windows Mediaplayer, the rotate button rotates the saved version as well (you may need resave in some photoeditors)

kimdl93
10-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Can anyone tell me how to rotate the attached pictures?

I just tilted my head 90 degrees to the left.

Jillian Faith
10-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks Sue

But they are oriented correctly on my computer

nvlady
10-07-2011, 10:49 PM
I think I turned my head the wrong way. You were upside down.

Cynthia Anne
10-07-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm having trouble with this one! I think you should keep your opinions to yourself! When I look at your pictures all I see is a beautiful lady! Hugs!