PDA

View Full Version : A Temporary Escape from the Blues . . . .

Anne2345
10-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Are you down and maybe have a case of the blues? Perhaps you simply need a temporary escape from life for a couple of hours. Or maybe you simply have a desire to treat yourself to something nice . . . .

For me, I have had a rough time of things lately. I am working through my issues, and I am working hard to figure things out. But it is not easy, and has not been for a while.

I have found myself quite overwhelmed of late, and this morning, I had somewhat of a breakdown due to certain things, and kind of lost my composure as a result.

Fortunately, and quite coincidentally, I just so happened to have a pedicure scheduled for today, from which I have just returned. The timing could not have been any better! There is nothing like a nice, relaxing, and long pedicure to relax the nerves and soothe the soul.

For close to two hours this afternoon, all of my problems and stress were temporarily washed away by the gentle, dexterous, and comforting hands and adroit expertise of my wonderfully talented salon owner/nail technician.

During a difficult time, a little pampering seems to go a long way. At least it has for me. And if you are down and in the dumps, go get yourself a pedicure. It may not solve your problems, but you will definitely feel better afterwards . . . . :)

In case you were wondering, I have attached a picture of the final result (the SECOND picture - somehow the order was reversed). And just for fun, I have also attached a picture of the pedicure I received prior to pedicure I had today (the FIRST picture). Which, incidentally, is the way my toes looked when I shopped in the MAC store with open toed sandals a couple of times a couple of weeks ago.

CindyCherie
10-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Seriously cool Anne.

Cindyxxxx

Kaz
10-07-2011, 03:30 PM
I love them... both of them! Gosh I bet that was sooooooo good!

TGMarla
10-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Yup. Seriously cool. I like the old one better than the spots, though.

Kathi Lake
10-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Very, very cute! My daughter would love today's pedicure! In fact, I think I'll do her toes just like that this weekend!

By the way, you have cute feet. I know that's an odd compliment, but there you are.

:)

Kathi

Debglam
10-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Yay! You got the dots! Very cool!

drag n fly
10-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Anne...you have seriously beautiful feet...Wow . Trust me, as I am a purist (and pervert) Your feet are lovely...Take good care of them...and keep sending in pictures of them..PULEEZE smooches Jackie(foot freak)

PretzelGirl
10-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Now that is therapy! The one on the left looks very much like the first one I ever had. Nice choices.

kimdl93
10-07-2011, 06:02 PM
those are gorgeous. Anne, even your feet are pretty.

You're right about pedis...nothing is more relaxing. And when you are feeling down, a few hours of pampering and self indulgent pleasure are a good thing!

Now that I think of it, its been 3 weeks since my wife and I last went together.

Dawn cd
10-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Freud should have gone into pedicures instead of talking therapy. Medicare would be flush and we'd all be happier.

docrobbysherry
10-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Very pretty! I think it's great if that works for u! :thumbsup:
Unfortunately, doing Sherry's nails isn't enuff for me!:sad:

I've had some TOUGH TIMES since the SCC.:doh: And, I feel the need to PUNISH someone for that! Sherry happens to be both handy and actually ENJOYS punishment!:devil:

Tomorrow, she'll going to PAY!:D

rachaelsloane
10-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Anne,
Both are sooo cool. You've taken pedicures to the next level of design.
Rachael

Sophie86
10-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Omg! Those are so beautiful!! I would love to have that done! :)

*Vanessa*
10-07-2011, 08:37 PM
wow - love your toes! Great varnish job, amazing.

Cynthia Anne
10-08-2011, 12:15 AM
When things are not right with me, I try to think of my friends and what they are doing! It's always sad to hear that things are not going well with a friend but when I hear how they or she as picked herself up it brings tears of joy to my eyes! All of my troubles seem to melt away! Your toes are beautiful, just like there owner! Hugs!