PDA

View Full Version : what's the benefit of having SRS?

cassandra54
10-08-2011, 09:08 AM
so i believe i am tg and will live part-time as cassandra. making a male body look like a female body takes a lot of work. shaving, taking care of my feet, wigs and all that stuff. and in the end i still enjoy being a male a lot of the time.

sure i could transition and live full-time as a female either with or without srs. sure with surgery and hormones i will look a lot more feminine and change around some body parts. but really? i could go ahead and say that i feel like a woman trapped in a man's body. i certainly don't identify with many men, i don't share and interest in sports, starting at naked pictures of women for hours and hours and really don't try to or think i am god's gift to women. yep i've never fit in as a man and surgery or pills will make that go away REALLY?

i think not. part of the process that allowed me to accept that i am tg is self-acceptance. being different and not fitting in and identifying with most men to me is okay. i know there's a place for me in this world and it's right here, not in thsi forum per se, but right here where i live and work and play. i believe that i am just someone, very different, very talented, and i accept myself, it be cassandra or my male half. no medical help needed.

TGMarla
10-08-2011, 09:29 AM
But everyone is different on this slippery gender spectrum, Cassandra. For many, myself included, I feel much like you do. Would I like to be a woman? Yes, actually, I would. There were times in my life when it absolutely tormented me. But I now feel that SRS is not the path down which I want to travel. There are a lot of mitigating circumstances to weigh, and I don't feel that the benefit for me would outweigh the negatives. But many others are not of the same mindset as I am. For some, remaining in their birth gender is unbearable. They view themselves as some kind of perversion of what their lives should have been, and their primary sexual characteristics are an abomination to them. For such people, gender reassignment is the only answer, and the only way they can continue to face the world every day.

For you, this is not the case. But I think we can all understand to some extent why those who choose to undergo such drastic measures in order to be happy with themselves choose to do so.

AKADonna
10-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Sounds to me like you are very comfortable within yourself! And, IMHO, that's a wonderful place to be. There are so many people in the world (and on this forum) that would love to have the insight and comfort that your enjoy about your situation. Congratulations, Hun!

Kate Simmons
10-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Some folks just cannot tolerate the fact that they have male parts Hon. It's an individual issue and decision how to address that. I used to think my only option was SRS until I got in touch with all of my feelings.I realized I liked myself as a full spectrum person who could express myself in different ways. Different people handle it in different ways.:)

*Vanessa*
10-08-2011, 02:09 PM
i believe that i am just someone, very different, very talented, and i accept myself, it be cassandra or my male half. no medical help needed.

How clearly stated!
If mine to edit it would read: "i accept myself, to be Vanessa or my male quarter. no medical help needed"

StaceyJane
10-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Everyone has to find where they fit on the gender spectrum. It's not an all or nothing deal.

RADER
10-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Yes, There are times I feel like a Woman, Other times not. Call me lazy if you will, but it takes a lot
less work to be a Man than a Woman, with make up and the rest of it. I am cursed or blessed as it
may be with a body much like the lumberjack in Jack and the Bean Stalk; Big and Hairy.
I love to dress up, and my wife goes along as long as I don not shave the hair on my chest, or go
outside in a dress. I can live with does rules for sure, I am not ready to be the Lumber Jack in a skirt.
I Love the feel of womans clothes, And through this Forum, I under dress most of the time, and with
cooler temperatures, a bra can be hidden real easy under heaver shirts.
So would I go for the SRS thing, most defiantly Not, but good luck to all who do, as for me, I will keep
on going as I am.
Rader

Kerrylee61
10-08-2011, 02:48 PM
If you need to ask that question, you really have no idea of what being transgender means and feels like.

Joann Smith
10-08-2011, 03:15 PM
SRS sure makes a hell of alot simpler to pee while you are sitting ...LOL

Joann

Violetgray
10-08-2011, 03:58 PM
For some people on this earth there are 3 options:

1.) Transition
2.) Be unhappy for the rest of their lives
3.) Death.

If you could live full time, but don't need to live full time, then you probably will never really comprehend it.

kellycan27
10-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Um..... You can have sex on your back as opposed to on your stomach? :heehee:

Obviously none for you, and as someone else said.. if you don't know, then an explanation would probably be pointless. Kudos to you for having reached your comfort level.
Peace out!

Kel

Jorja
10-08-2011, 05:23 PM
I am glad you have found your place in the TG spectrum. Enjoy! Some need to go further than just dressing. Many go through transition and are happy with the results and live happily for the rest of thier lives. Yet others like myself are born with a need/ desire/ demand/ curse, or whatever you would like to call it. We must make our bodies look like a woman at all cost. We understand that just because we have SRS, that does not make us a woman. We already are women but have a serious flaw. It is kind of like having a birth defect that needs to be and can be fixed. The surgery aligns our bodies with our minds.

Kittyagain
10-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Um..... You can have sex on your back as opposed to on your stomach? :heehee:

Obviously none for you, and as someone else said.. if you don't know, then an explanation would probably be pointless. Kudos to you for having reached your comfort level.
Peace out!

Kel

I always thought that sex drive would be nonexistent after transition. Am I wrong about this?

Kitty

Mollyanne
10-09-2011, 08:07 AM
But everyone is different on this slippery gender spectrum, Cassandra. For many, myself included, I feel much like you do. Would I like to be a woman? Yes, actually, I would. There were times in my life when it absolutely tormented me. But I now feel that SRS is not the path down which I want to travel. There are a lot of mitigating circumstances to weigh, and I don't feel that the benefit for me would outweigh the negatives. But many others are not of the same mindset as I am. For some, remaining in their birth gender is unbearable. They view themselves as some kind of perversion of what their lives should have been, and their primary sexual characteristics are an abomination to them. For such people, gender reassignment is the only answer, and the only way they can continue to face the world every day.

For you, this is not the case. But I think we can all understand to some extent why those who choose to undergo such drastic measures in order to be happy with themselves choose to do so.

Well said Marla, WELL SAID!!!!!!

MOLLY

Aprilrain
10-09-2011, 09:02 AM
I always thought that sex drive would be nonexistent after transition. Am I wrong about this?

Kitty

everyone is different Kitty. This is one of the downfalls of this incredible tool called the internet, while EVERYTHING is literally at your finger tips not EVERYTHING you read is true or what is true for one is not true for another.
I'm still pre op but I can tell you that having less T than the average female has not affected my sex drive (my desire and willingness to have sex) it has affected my male parts though and "basically useless" would be a pretty fair description.

TG is a blanket term used to describe the whole spectrum of gender non conforming people. This would include CDers. So I'm not surprised that someone who doesn't Identify as TS would not want hormones or surgeries. Interestingly enough I suppose If we wanted to get all philosophical about it a TS who has done all that he or she can to transition then that person is not TG at all anymore. Now they are gender conforming conforming to their brain gender and doing whatever possible to make their bodies look like the target gender. I was getting cold so I thought i'd throw some fuel on the fire : P

Kaitlyn Michele
10-09-2011, 09:36 AM

Kitty

you are wrong about this...
LOL

and Marla very well said..i think that's a perfect answer to the OP

kellycan27
10-09-2011, 11:52 AM

Kitty

Not true. My sex drive is is in high gear. I've only been married for 10 months and if we have an extra 10 minutes or so... Clear the desk it's on! :heehee:

Kel

Rianna Humble
10-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi Cassandra, I think you have answered the question for yourself. You enjoy being a male so there would be no point for you in having SRS/GRS. I am glad that you have found your equilibrium, but transgender is a wide spectrum and also covers transsexuals. A number of posters have already pointed out that we are not all identical and just because GRS would be wrong for you does not mean that it is wrong for others.

The fact that you don't identify with all the stereotypical loutish male behaviour is not the same as saying that you are a woman - many cis men don't identify with some of those behaviours and many women enjoy sports.

I happen to be a slightly more extreme example of the type of person Violet mentioned, in that for me there were only two choices (her numbers 1 and 3).

Like Jorja says, we do not have GRS to become a woman, we have it (or in my case hope to have it) because we already are women and we need to get rid of the birth defect in order to feel whole.