PDA

View Full Version : Going out for the first time on Halloween and concerned

Launa
10-08-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm going out on the town en femme for the first time ever on Halloween night, I will be with my SO who is a little nervous about the whole thing. We are going to a bar with a drag show etc... but we are by ourselves. I have everything picked out and ready to go with a real beautiful ruffelled ball gown from sequin queen. The makeover will be done by a professional. So I will be noticed in many ways I'm sure. I felt why should I underdress for this occasion. Anyway my concern is having somebody trying to hit on me, trying to buy me drinks in front of my SO and causing her to feel uncomfortable. I want to do this again after halloween from time to time but I want to make her feel at ease and that I'm not alone at some bar with people or admirers trying to always hit on me. As I said she is a bit nervous, cautious and maybe still has those SO questions like is he really gay but doesn't want to admit it? Has anybody had outings that have gone bad on them making their SO feel small or insecure from situations like this? I should have gone to the local support group to see if there will be others around that night so I could kind of hang with a group but it just doesn't feel like its the right time to do that either. I don't want to dress down in jeans or in a cheap value village dress either.

Debglam
10-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Look P.G., Halloween is like a free pass! You have nothing to worry about. Go out, get into the spirit of things and you and your SO just have fun! If someone compliments you in front of her thank them. If someone actually hits on you in front of your SO. . .they are probably drunk or stupid. You can either just say no thanks or ask them if they are an imbecile!

Have fun!
Debby

Marcia Blue
10-08-2011, 01:26 PM
When out and about, if you look nice, guys will check you out. Some will approach you. Just be polite and tell them you are married and would rather not be bothered. Works for me. You might warn your SO ahead of time, or better yet introduce her to the forum. She can ask other GGs about being out with your SO when they are dressed.

sissystephanie
10-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Halloween is a Holiday!! Lots of men dress enfemme on that day,so why worry? Besides you will look like the lady you are. If men try to hit on you when you are with your SO, as Debby said they are either drunk or stupid!! Either ignore them, or tell them you are already taken!! Have fun!!!

Danielle_cder
10-08-2011, 01:37 PM
When out and about, if you look nice, guys will check you out. Some will approach you. Just be polite and tell them you are married and would rather not be bothered. Works for me. You might warn your SO ahead of time, or better yet introduce her to the forum. She can ask other GGs about being out with your SO when they are dressed.

Yep Marcia hit the ole' nail on the head just be polite nothing more nothing less. If they persist ask your old lady what she would like to drink and have them buy her a drink, on you lol. Have a blast! enjoy every minute

Sophie86
10-08-2011, 01:42 PM
I've been out with my wife a few times, both to private Halloween parties and to public masquerade parties. We were always in accepting crowds, and nothing bad happened. We always have a great time. When we went to the masquerade party for the first time last year, my wife was a little nervous. She had a few glasses of wine, and that seemed to help. This year, she wasn't at all worried. :)

Being there with your SO, I doubt you will have a problem. As long as the two of you look like a couple, it's unlikely that someone will hit on you. But have you considered the possibility that someone will hit on her? Either way, if it happens, the etiquette is the same. Just say, "Sorry, I'm here with my spouse." Then go back to whatever you were doing--dancing, chatting, laughing, etc.

Stephanie47
10-08-2011, 07:43 PM
What's your SO wearing? If you really look passable you may be hit on by women as well as men. Is your presentation going to be so good that you appear as a lesbian couple? Are guys going to come on to you as a woman? Or a really good looking young guy? And, as conjectured already, is your SO going to be hit on by women and guys? It may be an interesting evening. Post pictures of the gown.

Launa
10-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Hi Stephanie, the wife will be going as a rock star, kind of like a Lita Ford from the 80's. I don't think we'll look like a lesbian couple because I consider myself to look very good in drag however my size gives me away. 6'2" 210 lbs, I'm a big bitch but like I said the make up artists make me look good but you can tell. So any guys that try to come on to me will know I'm a dude in drag. As far as my SO well she always looks awesome so who knows what will happen. You're right this could be interesting.

Launa
10-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks to all of you that replied to this thread. I feel more at ease now.

Amanduhrob
10-08-2011, 10:02 PM
If someone hits on you just reply, I'm a dude... That should nip it in the bud.

Chickhe
10-09-2011, 12:17 AM
I have done many halloweens dressed (only me and my wife, other times with a group of friends)...it gets easier and more fun every year as I get better at it and less nervous. The key is to just remember its just a costume (for halloween it is) and have fun. Don't go out of your way to try too much to fool anyone, but it can be fun to go with the flow. Just enjoy everyone's company... a kind 'no thanks' works and a 'I'm here with my wife' does too. If anyone gets hit on, it will be your wife...the only real challenge might be convincing her new friend that she is not available. Anyhow, I think both my wife and I are enjoying the ones when its just the two of us... no pressure to behave or act a certain way in frount of friends. She was nervous at first, so was I, but I litterally dragged her out to the dance floor and let loose, I left my anxiety at home and just did it for the fun... one night the party we went to was a bust, she wanted to go home, but I took her to the club strip, we went in one latin dance club and no one had costumes...did we stand on the side lines looking out of place...hell no, we hit the dance floor and became the center of attention...ended up having a blast.