PDA

View Full Version : need advice

Jonien
10-16-2005, 06:54 AM
I have a 5 year old ( my sisters son) that I do not see as much as i like as I not have much in the way of m*** clothes but he has never seen me as a lady now I don't want to confuse the lad.
every one else knows of me and excepts Christina as she is but I still have this thing I cant face.
so have you had to face this problem I'd like to hear from you.

Shelly Preston
10-16-2005, 08:32 AM
However nuch you want to show him wait.

I am no expert but surely that should be a decision taken with his mothers agreement,

as to what age he should be told (and how he should be told).

TGMarla
10-16-2005, 08:37 AM
Hon, he's a five year old, for crying out loud. Use some common sense. I've found that a lot of CDs don't use ANY common sense when it comes to their dressing. Do you really think, if you step back from the situation and look at it, that a five year old is going to understand the first thing about your obsession with feminine clothing? Shake yourself. No matter how big a part of your life this is, you don't need to make it a part of his. At least not yet. And I don't mean wait until he's six, either. HE'S A CHILD! Wait until he's at least adolescent. And understand that you may well turn him into a crossdresser even if you wait until he's 12. Adolescent kids are extremely impressionable. And they are very sexually curious. Why not just wait a long, long time on this one?

Rainbow6562005
10-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Hi, Jonien :)

I agree with Maria on this. Wait. I wouldn't share my CDing with any child, and few adults. If you have a close relationship with Christina when she is an adult, then might be the time.

Whatever male clothes you have will be fine with any young kid; they care about you, not your clothing.

Rainbow

Jonien
10-16-2005, 10:21 AM
Hon, he's a five year old, for crying out loud. Use some common sense. I've found that a lot of CDs don't use ANY common sense when it comes to their dressing. Do you really think, if you step back from the situation and look at it, that a five year old is going to understand the first thing about your obsession with feminine clothing? Shake yourself. No matter how big a part of your life this is, you don't need to make it a part of his. At least not yet. And I don't mean wait until he's six, either. HE'S A CHILD! Wait until he's at least adolescent. And understand that you may well turn him into a crossdresser even if you wait until he's 12. Adolescent kids are extremely impressionable. And they are very sexually curious. Why not just wait a long, long time on this one?

This is exactly why I asked the question I am a full time girl and it is common sense that forced me to ask if any one else has had to face this

urban gypsy
10-16-2005, 10:33 AM
At his age his mind is like an sponge and willing to absorb and accept all most anything.
So have a chat with his parents and see what they think.
Ask if it would better for him to have uncle/aunt that is the same person?
Or to have an aunt?
Or have an uncle?
But personally I would leave it until he is old enough to understand.and just wear jeans t shirts and trainers when with him.

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-16-2005, 11:50 AM
I don't have kids myself, but I have heard the issue discussed a number of times before, so take the following for what it's worth.

There are pros and cons to telling your kids at any age. If you wait until they're adults, they may get angry at your for hiding something from them. If you wait until they're teens, they get to deal with the issue on top of all their normal teen agnst -- plus they also can get angry. OTOH, they're also pretty able to deal with the subtleties at those ages. And if you tell them around their teens, you can say that you were waiting until they were old enough to understand, just as you don't talk about other subjects with them until that age.

From what I've heard young children are usually able to handle CDing pretty well -- although you obviously don't tell them all the details around it. They often see it as "dress-up" for grown-ups I'm told. Since you're living full-time, that's obviously a somewhat different situation, same as being an uncle rather than his father. As far as I've heard, exposing a kid to crossdressing won't automatically turn him into a CD -- although I wouldn't be surprised if it might made him more prone to experiment, since 1) he's aware of it, 2) he may see it as different but not abnormal. However, I think most of us can attest that one either feels the urge or you don't, so if he's not already predisposed to CDing, he'll experiment and move on.

OTOH, kids will say the darnest thing, even if you tell him it's something that it's something to be kept within the family. So it's probable your nephew will talk about uncle's taste in clothes with his friends, which can have repercussions for both him and you.

As others have said, this is a decision that should be made in conjunction with his parents.

Jonien
10-16-2005, 04:40 PM
I don't have kids myself, but I have heard the issue discussed a number of times before, so take the following for what it's worth.

There are pros and cons to telling your kids at any age. If you wait until they're adults, they may get angry at your for hiding something from them. If you wait until they're teens, they get to deal with the issue on top of all their normal teen agnst -- plus they also can get angry. OTOH, they're also pretty able to deal with the subtleties at those ages. And if you tell them around their teens, you can say that you were waiting until they were old enough to understand, just as you don't talk about other subjects with them until that age.

From what I've heard young children are usually able to handle CDing pretty well -- although you obviously don't tell them all the details around it. They often see it as "dress-up" for grown-ups I'm told. Since you're living full-time, that's obviously a somewhat different situation, same as being an uncle rather than his father. As far as I've heard, exposing a kid to crossdressing won't automatically turn him into a CD -- although I wouldn't be surprised if it might made him more prone to experiment, since 1) he's aware of it, 2) he may see it as different but not abnormal. However, I think most of us can attest that one either feels the urge or you don't, so if he's not already predisposed to CDing, he'll experiment and move on.

OTOH, kids will say the darnest thing, even if you tell him it's something that it's something to be kept within the family. So it's probable your nephew will talk about uncle's taste in clothes with his friends, which can have repercussions for both him and you.

As others have said, this is a decision that should be made in conjunction with his parents.

Dear Darla This is good advice thank you very much I will put this to his mum so we can discus it fully.
he has seen his dad dressed but he only ever dresses as a giggle so this is were I have to be very careful in our decision

Wendy me
10-16-2005, 05:11 PM
talk to the boys mom and get a feel for what you should do....

HaleyPink2000
10-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Halloween is coming. Go see Him then as the femme you. If He asks your visiting them enfemme for Halloween. Not a lie is it?

Haley:)

robinLynn
10-16-2005, 06:13 PM
keep it quiet for now

Jonien
10-17-2005, 02:52 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_11_52.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZRxdm075YYNL)Thank you all for your response I'm finding this to be very hard to get my head around but I have decided to let his mum make the decision from the advise i have been shown it really is not my decision to make http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_214.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZRxdm075YYNL)