PDA

View Full Version : When the polish comes off :(

Adelina
10-08-2011, 02:50 PM
I've never thought of myself as the best looking girl in the bunch and I take a lot of effort to come close to passing — though two guys did flirt with my Adelina Facebook account lately, and I'll brag about that at any opportunity — but my painted toes do always look so nice and feminine.

Today, I thought that on my way to family Thanksgiving I'd take the polish off just to be safe. Even though my nails were nice still from the pedicure, is there any bigger letdown than seeing those plain, drab nails? (I guess for those of you who do look good, going back in drab in general) It was one of those moments, I guess, where you really realize how nice something looks and then it's gone.

Kaz
10-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi Adelina,

Totally agree at every level! It is so hard to say goodbye... even though you know it isn't for too long! Nails, make-up, stockings... you name it! the hardest for me is if I have been away for a few days and got to be dressed for hours at a time. A biggy for me is to get to the hotel from work... do the full make-over/transformation... get to sleep fressed and then get up early and play again... taking it all off to go to work is so mind-bogglingly difficult and a real sense of loss.

Sophie86
10-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Oh, I know the feeling! I did my nails last weekend--best job I've ever done on them--and wanted to cry when I had to take it off on Monday so that I could go deal with the people at the 4H office. My toes are still painted though. I can always hide them in a pair of shoes. Wearing gloves would look a bit weird though. :heehee:

drag n fly
10-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Gotcha Adeline...and every day, in the morning, when I have to take off my nightie and put on pants..Ugh smooches (you get to put it back on later) Jackie

Cynthia Anne
10-08-2011, 10:04 PM
It's been so many years since I've seen my toenails natural color I wonder what they would look like! Never mind! I don't want to know!:eek::brolleyes: Hugs!

donnatracey
10-08-2011, 10:15 PM
I feel for you Adelina. That's why I seldom have unpolished toe nails.

Kim Young
10-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Yes. It's very sad when everything has to come off. I only dress during the day and everything has to come off before the end of the work day. So when I do get my nails done, it has to be done in the morning and they come off at the end of the day:sad:

I do appreciate the polished nail all the more because I don't get to keep them on very long.

heel_addict
11-12-2011, 06:53 AM
I know exactly how you feel... I've had my toenails painted pillar box red for the last 3 months, I have done a great job and they look fantastic! :) I've fillied in the polish twice to cover the nail growth since then but that's about it. It's been so long that I've completely forgotten what they look like unpainted and natural! I couldn't even dare to imagine either, they'll look too dull and boring without having sexy red nail polish on. But in a few days, I'll be going on a small trip with my girlfriend (she doesn't know) where I'll have to be barefoot for showers, jacuzzi etc, so I have no option but to say goodbye to my pretty red toenails. It's my 24/7 major sign of femininity and I'll have to let it go... Aww, it's a huge let-down, I know! But hopefully, when I get back 5 days later, I'll paint them again :)