PDA

View Full Version : Got out last night

MargaretJ
10-09-2011, 08:06 AM
After a long period of unemployment, I finally got a temp job a few weeks back, and had the money to waste on petrol to go into Edinburgh last night en femme for the first time in 2 years. It was great to be out walking openly en femme again, but I have lost a bit of the confidence I had built up, and I was a bit wary about passing by people.

I was dressed casually in skirt, t-shirt, jersey and a coat, and of course the stockings and heels. I'd done a good job with the make up, and I looked and felt great. I took two pairs of heels with me, one 3" which is my ideal size and no problems walking about in them, and a new pair bought earlier in the day at 3 1/2" which I wanted to try outside, but these were a bit awkward to walk in on uneven pathtways. As I said I wasn't as confident as I had been in the past and only walked around for about an hour, and in a couple of quieter areas of the city. A couple of firsts for me en femme, were using a cash machine in a busy street, which I won't be doing again, unless I really have to. It just felt to uncomfortable. The other was buying petrol at an unmanned 24 hour outlet. Again I felt a bit uneasy, mainly because my credit card was in a machine for what seemed like ages, but the place was well lit, and I must admit I was hoping that some of the people parked across the road would notice me and think she looks ok.:heehee:

In the past I used to go into Edinburgh regularly on a Sunday night, and on my way home I would stop off in this little town about midnight, and walk about in the town square, as the sound of my heels was very loud in the enclosed space. Well I stopped off there last night, around 1.00am, and though there was a bit of pub noise and the odd group of people going about, it was fairly quiet, so I put the new heels on and walked about a bit, revelling in the sound of my heels booming around the almost deserted square. I love my new heels :D

So that was my Saturday night, a bit nervy at times, but it felt so good to be outside en femme again.

cassandra54
10-09-2011, 08:24 AM
that's awesome. sounds like you had a good time. i need to get out again myself.

Cynthia Anne
10-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Hey girl! That's what saturday nights were invented for! Although you didn't invite me to tag along I hope you had fun! Hugs!

xristy
10-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Congrats on getting out again. I need to get out again as well. It is such a great feeling to actually let yourself out and in public. You go girl...

drag n fly
10-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Wow Margaret...a beautiful thing...Smooches Jackie

Jessica Who
10-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Good for you, I'm sure your confidence will flow back as you go out more :)

Maria 60
10-09-2011, 08:04 PM
It's amazing how different shoe's sound and feel from inside on a hardwood floor and outside on the pavement. The first time i walked in heels outside my feet dragged and i almost feel. That's great that your trying on shoes outside and most of all be careful at that hour alone.

Angie G
10-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Glad you could get out oncemore. Must have been great Margaret.:hugs:
Angie