PDA

View Full Version : Almost Caught!

MsCorrinne
10-16-2005, 09:49 AM
Well..we've had 9 days of rain here in New England. Friday into yesterday was the worst..almost 8 inches of rain overnight. YIKES!! Of course..my basement office gets flooded, which also happens to be where Corrinne keeps her "feminine" wardrobe.

The wife decided that she would help clean up the mess and started to venture into Corrinne's "closet" to see if there was any water in there. I ran over and said..oh dear, I looked already. It's bone dry in there...I don't think I've ran that fast since high school track -YIKES!!

So I almost had my own "panic posting session" here today..LOL!!

Thank god for submersible pumps and shot vac's.
Today the sun is shining!

Have a great Sunday.

MsC

Raychel
10-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Thank god it has finally stopped raining for a change Huh, I spent some time at Dad's yesterday soaking up his basement. Fortunatly exepct for a leak in the garage, My house stayed dry.

urban gypsy
10-16-2005, 10:11 AM
I thought it was only us brits that complained about the weather.
but a close shave like that must have been scarey for you.

MsCorrinne
10-16-2005, 10:15 AM
Yeah..it was defintely an adrenilin rush!! Much more than drinking Red Bull...that's for sure! LOL!

Now we know how it feels to have rain, on top of rain. Thank god it wasn't snow!

MsC

urban gypsy
10-16-2005, 10:17 AM
At least you could ski if it was snow.
Try slapping a very large vodka in your red bull now that will give you a rush.

tifftg
10-16-2005, 11:55 AM
I store all of my things in the basement. I am planning a trip out of town in a couple of weeks so I pulled all of the storage containers out, trying on outfits and wigs. I thought my wife was running errands but she came home quickly. Zoomed in putting everything back and away. Fortunately she went upstairs to look for me and I explained I was cleaning up the basement before guests came over to watch the football game. That was as close as it has ever been.

Tiff

stevie h
10-16-2005, 12:29 PM
i blame global warming.

stevie

xxxxxx

uknowhoo
10-16-2005, 01:29 PM
"Thank god for submersible pumps"

Gosh Corinne, I couldn't stand the though of my pumps being submersed.

Glad ya dodged that bullet.

Take care,

Tammi

robyn1114
10-16-2005, 02:00 PM
I can't imagine how hard it is to hide such an major part of yourselves from your S.O. That's why I told my first and current wife from the start.

stevie h
10-16-2005, 02:46 PM
i blame global warming. Know what that is?

stevie

xx

Wendy me
10-16-2005, 05:22 PM
those storage totes work wonders......everything nice and dry....

ChrissyCrossedLegs
10-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Not read anyone else reply to you hon.. can not stop laughing.... sorry.. not meant to be funny i know...
Can only hope you have new hidin place because you just know one night she will be sat at home and that picture of you flying over to her will pop into her head and it will hit her like a brick.. 'wonder what he was hiding in there...'???
Have fun and GL
SammyJo

knelson
10-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Try space bags, it keeps the moisture out and that can actually be used for life rafts. To be honest, I was caught, she never found the stash but she did find the pics that I used to see how I looked. Never was quite the same afterward. Two years ago we divorced and I am now dating someone who I was upfront about my dressing. Best thing I ever did.

MsCorrinne
10-16-2005, 08:56 PM
God, I love all the responses. Too funny. Yes, everything has been moved...gee never thought about one of those plastic storage bins...but that's how our regular clothes are stored..it would be like this blonde to forget and pull them out by accident..whooopss!

Anyway..the sun did shine today!!

Thank you all for your comments...its a joy to know you all.
MsC

JoAnnDallas
10-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Wife and I are closing on a NEW house, so I will have to find a hidey hole for JoAnn's stuff. One of the bedrooms will become my train room, so that might be a good place.
We don't have basement here in Dallas, TX. When we lived in WV we did have a basement and wife kinda let it be my domain. I had my large train layout, computers, ham radio, and yes JoAnn's stuff was there too.