PDA

View Full Version : How feminine are you?

Belfast Bill
10-10-2011, 02:30 PM
I have meet some girls who look amazing, truly wonderful until they open their mouths! Then the whole illusion is blown, for they talk like a regular guy, who happens to be dressed as a girl.
I have met other guys who as they dress and apply their makeup, a change comes over them, and they gradually change into a woman, in speech and mannerisms.

Second question, how feminine are you when in drab, has anyone made any remarks that sugest that your feminine side in overflowing into your male world?:)

Karren H
10-10-2011, 02:34 PM
So what's wrong with being a regular guy (sounding) that dresses like a girl?

ArleneRaquel
10-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Starting with your second question first when I'm dressed in drab I'm not feminine at all. When I dress enfemme and put on my makeup a complete metamorphosis takes place, especially when it comes to my sexual desires. In my for distant youth I dreamed quite often that as an adult I would live as a woman, who wanted to be married to a man. During my 33 years marriage, I seldom dressed enfemme and had no such desires, after my wife died, in 2002, I dress almost enfemme almost every day and went 24/7 in 2003, porged, and resumed 24/7 by 2004. I want to be desired by men and be an object of their desires. There must be something in the water, or maybe the clothes. Then again I might be a little weird. My voice stays more or less the same enfemme or drab.

sandra-leigh
10-10-2011, 03:13 PM
I have meet some girls who look amazing, truly wonderful until they open their mouths! Then the whole illusion is blown, for they talk like a regular guy, who happens to be dressed as a girl.

Oh great, yet another Procrustes' Bed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procrustes). :angry:

wish4naught
10-10-2011, 03:21 PM
As far as the voice thing goes, I can't help it. My voice is naturally deep - I would get confused with my dad on the phone when I was in middle school. Though I do change my mannerisms and movement quite a bit when dressed, which my ex didn't really appreciate. As for your second question, everything feminine disappears with the clothes. I return to the average dude and there haven't been remarks made about being effeminate. Though I have been asked about shaved pits, I just say I dislike body hair (which I do)

Donna1
10-10-2011, 03:45 PM
I try to be very feminine, but my voice is certainly man...I don't know how to convert it!!!! I try to invoke mannerisms, but I need a lot, I mean a lot of work!!!! :-)

sissystephanie
10-10-2011, 03:51 PM
I was born a man, and all these years later that fact has not changed. Yes, I certainly do dress feminine, but my voice and my mannerisms are still masculine. My dear late wife on occasion did say that my femininiety was showing through, but she was the only one who saw it! At least I think she was!! And I don't care, since I am not trying to be a woman! I am just wearing their clothes!!

Diana Bain
10-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Sometimes in drab...my wife will ask me a question and "Diana's" voice pops out...opps:heehee:

VioletJourney
10-10-2011, 04:06 PM
So what's wrong with being a regular guy (sounding) that dresses like a girl?
I agree... I hardly have any urge to "be" a woman... I just think the clothes are pretty and fun.

LeaP
10-10-2011, 04:22 PM
On the question re: feminine comments while in DRAB: Not yet, but I keep wondering when or if it might happen. Not in so many words, necessarily, but simply whether someone would notice or comment on certain things like nails and browline.

As for the voice, there's nothing wrong with someone being what they are. The reasons people choose to alter their voice or not is the thing. If the goal is to pass, then altering the voice is usually a must. There are those in the forum who actually want to present male while in female clothing. I'm not passable, but still prefer matching voice to female presentation and have been working at it.

"Regular" guy? Seriously, I know what you meant, but you might consider the alternative ways this might be taken.

Lea

Cynthia Anne
10-10-2011, 05:46 PM
When in fem, I try to speak fem! When in drab, well I don't know! It's been too long! Hugs!

Kate Simmons
10-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Well Bill you can't have everything.:heehee: I'm just wondering if you have a specific reason for asking. It depends on my mood really. En femme, I can be the sweetest talking doll you'd ever want to meet or I can chomp a cigar and talk like a Longshoreman. Just remember with myself, you get the whole package. ;)

zorianacd
10-10-2011, 06:11 PM
I care much more about the feminine appearance than I do sounding like a woman.

Danielle_cder
10-10-2011, 06:32 PM
For me, You get what you get. Yea my voice is that of a guys and I dont worry about it mannerisms too. Admittedly I dont swear as much when Im done up; probably because Im pretty stoked to be dressed up :D

Nikki A.
10-10-2011, 06:46 PM
I don't think my fem side bleeds over much. But I recently had someone peg me as a CD and she told me that I had a feminine aura about me (not gay, but fem). Pretty spooky considering it was not brought up around her.
As far as when dressed I try to speak softer but I really don't know if I pull it off.

mustangsally1965
10-11-2011, 07:26 AM
I agree ! I never wanted to this very day to be a girl or even pass as a girl. I'm just a guy that happens to like so called 'womens cloths' and I enjoy wearing them everyday. Its just that simple.

SheriM
10-11-2011, 08:26 AM
I wish I could be more feminine - a couple inches shorter, a couple years younger, better figure, and of course, a sexy female voice. Oh, a switch to turn it all on and off would be nice too.

LilSissyStevie
10-11-2011, 11:49 AM
I've always had the opposite problem. Women would be attracted to me until I opened my mouth. Then they would lose interest thinking I was probably gay. I've heard my voice and I would guess that too. I live near Palm Springs and when I was younger and prettier I couldn't shop in that town without getting ogled every where I went. Yes GGs, I know how that feels except gay dudes don't even try to be discrete when they strip you naked with their eyes. So I set off gaydar, too. When dressed, I just exaggerate my normal personality a little and go from slightly faggy dude to drag queen. I'm not feminine so much as effeminate. All in all, it's a fabulous life. :tongueout

Kaz
10-11-2011, 12:00 PM
The voice I think is the hardest thing, unless you were 'gifted'! I have worked hard on the physical thing and as I age it seems to get harder (could be my expectations). I haven't worked hard on the voice, as when I have gone out I have avoided having talk. It has happened, but only on 'thank you' level... which is easy to get away with.

I have however, tried some webcam things recently and both watching and hearing myself speak. It isn't that convincing, but I have noticed that my mannerisms are different... this may be a help... the old addage about looking the part. There are lots of women out with deep sexy voices.... gotta be the way to go!

But I must also reference Karren... what's wrong with a guy (with guy's voice) dressing like a girl?

Jilmac
10-11-2011, 02:35 PM
To answer the second question; when i'm in drab I'm usually wearing jeans, tee shirt (or flannel in winter), and work boots or sneakers, and top it off with a baseball cap. When I dress en femme, I try to look, act, and sound as feminine as possible. In drab I have never been told that I appear feminine but en femme I have gotten many compliments on my femininity. To answer the first question; I use my normal baritone voice among friends but go to tenor among strangers, it works pretty well for me.

suchacutie
10-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm in the "when in Rome...." category. Tina is her own creature with a feminine presentation, mannerisms, voice, and opinions! Tina hasn't existed long enough to be completely comfortable with who she is in terms of natural voice inflections and mannerisms, but she's getting there.

In guy mode I'm very much in guy mode!

There is no confusion about who is present at any time :)

Stephanie47
10-11-2011, 03:49 PM
I do my best when en femme to appear as a woman, including mannerisms. There was a thread last week concerning faux pas cross dressers make that will insure their true sex is revealed. Practice makes perfect. As to the voice--if you are naturally a bass, well, I have a solution. Learn American Sign Language and wear a cervical collar to hide the Adam's Apple.

Maria 60
10-11-2011, 06:26 PM
I never really thought of that till now. I just realized that i speak the same voice in both. I think that in my mind i believe i am speaking more fem when dressed.

Patty B.
10-12-2011, 04:16 AM
Many is the time when my wife tells me that my personality changes to feminine, and I have no clue its happening, my voice softens as do my mannerisms. As I said I have no idea this is happening, although when dressing I consciously do this but its obviously something I dont always have control over.

joan47
10-12-2011, 05:30 AM
When I am in drab mode I always wear tight junior low rise jeans, girls top, pasnties and bra. girls shoes..Of course my eyebrows are very thin and arched, hoop ear rings, long arylic nails, necklace, braclet, girls ring, ankle braclet, no hair on entire body. and I wear light make-up and pink lip gloss all the time. Girls shoes, wallet, I am still working up the nerve on carrying a puirse, hopefully, by the end of the year.

Kittyagain
10-12-2011, 05:52 AM
My natural voice has always been mistaken for feminine. I had not thought about it till now but a handshake would catch me. I like a firm handshake and would have a hard time changing that if I were not careful.

Kitty

lauraabdl
10-12-2011, 06:09 AM
Until recently, when in drab I was all guy. But lately, alright since my wife left me in Sept of 2010 I have gravitated towards a more femme style of dressing and let my hair grow out, now down to my shoulders, and I now fit a size 14 shorts and dressses, tops well 18/20.

A friend told me that I was looking more femmine these days, you think?:heehee: I finally feel free inside to express my innerself on the outside, cost me all my so called friends and I'm very sad about that, but trying to go new places and make new friends that just accept me as I am.:)

JohnH
10-12-2011, 01:27 PM
I am able to talk at a pitch like a woman, however, I don't feel the raised voice pitch is true to my nature. So when I am dressed en femme, I continue to talk with my deep bass voice; however, I strive to speak softer and breathier more like a woman. If you look at Alexis Arquette on YouTube she as a transgender woman still pitches her voice in the masculine register even though her speaking patterns are that of a woman.

Johanna

Tasha McIntyre
10-15-2011, 07:31 PM
The reality for me is that i am quite un femme all the time. I tried to develop a femme voice, but sounded like Mickey Mouse on helium, which made me cringe and laugh at the same time :doh:

I have the look and walk down pretty well, so when Tash is doing her thing at the mall she goes relatively unnoticed unless someone really looks, but so far I haven't caused any riots.

In male mode I have absolutely zero traces of femme about me at all (that's coming from my wonderful wife).

Tash :)

DebbieL
10-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Until I was in my late 20's I had trouble "passing" as a man. I was so femme that most people assumed that I was a screaming queen. Only a very few women knew the truth and they weren't about to let that secret out of the bag. Often, when my wife and I went out, they would give her the check because she looked more like a man than I did. By the time my son was born, I was shaving my legs and wearing shorts in the summer time. On the phone, there were a few times when sales people would refer to me as Mrs B***

Of course the ultimate was when I went to visit my grandmother who by then was blind. I started talking to me and asked if I was a boy or a girl? I kept telling her my name, and she finally realized who I was, and asked if that was my wife talking earlier. It was funny. It was the last time I saw her alive.

t-girlxsophie
10-16-2011, 01:44 PM
I feel that my mannerisms become more feminine when dressed,but the voice,I really dont bother trying to alter it never been a priority for me

Sophie

Nesreen
10-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Mmmm I never really intend to change my voice, never occurred to me. The gestures, moves, speech and facial expressions might be more feminine when I am en-femme but not the voice.

Chickhe
10-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Its exactly like when you are listening to a record (dating myself) and someone pushes the arm off the record....screeeaaachhh! Silence. Some people say why bother and the only reason is its just part of the whole illusion like practicing your walk etc. The problem I have, is it is really difficult to learn to change your voice and it feels really really weird.