PDA

View Full Version : DRAB and Fem. Changes

LeaP
10-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Repeat topic, I know, but I'm looking for opinions on a specific item - eyelash tinting. (moderators - this is not a beauty club post, it's more about everyday appearance and the limits of cosmetic feminization.)

I'm not asking about risk and health aspects as I'm 100% aware of the pros and cons of tinting. I'm asking if anyone has done it and how dramatic-appearing was the change. Was it a nice touch, too much, too femme for en-DRAB, provoke comments? My wife and I are talking about it (for both of us), and I'd love to do it, but also don't wish to become a target at work.

Thoughts?

Lea

Stevann
10-11-2011, 11:26 AM
I've had my lashes tinted a few times. NO ONE has noticed, not even my SO. Unfortunately, hair grows where I don't want it, but doesn't grow where I want it (lashes, brows, or top of my head). So there wasn't much to tint.

I've had my brows (what little there is) shaped by pros. But since the hairs are blond, I fear any brow tint WILL become a problem with others.

Alice B
10-11-2011, 11:55 AM
I get my brows shaped and tinted. Only my wife has ever made a comment and only a minor one.

LeaP
10-11-2011, 11:58 AM
I've had my lashes tinted a few times. NO ONE has noticed, not even my SO. ...

I've had my brows (what little there is) shaped by pros. But since the hairs are blond, I fear any brow tint WILL become a problem with others.

Wow, that's not an answer (on lashes) that I expected to hear. It's encouraging, though I'm really surprised your SO didn't notice.

On the brow tinting - I started doing it a couple of years ago. My brows are also shaped, though I did that gradually over time. No one noticed (or commented, anyway). As I look around, though I have a bit of an arch, it's nothing you won't see in other people when you look around. The work (or notice) concern comes from the change, not the tint or shaping itself. Eyelash tint is all or nothing, though!

I'd like to hear from a few more people, but I'm already leaning in the do it direction.

Lea

UNDERDRESSER
10-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Well, if you get called on it, you can get your wife to back you up. Tell them she was getting it done herself, then said, "You have such nice eyes dear, let's both do it "

Then you can play the old "Anything for a bit of peace" card. you can even hint that it makes for more umm...playtime? :battingeyelashes:

Stevann
10-11-2011, 08:37 PM
If my SO were to say something about my tinted lashes, I would expect her to ask if I were wearing mascara. The true answer is "NO". I doubt she would think of tinting.

LeaP
10-12-2011, 06:30 AM
My SO is the one who first mentioned tinting. I asked her about mascaras. She's not a fan, having been exposed to their materials, manufacture, and problems associated with their use. The latter is as much about misuse as intended use, though (e.g., makeup sharing, which is a huge hygiene no-no, people keeping and using past expiration dates, etc.). She suggested tinting. Tinting carries its own risks, of course, but my more immediate concern was its relative permanence - that if it produced an over-the-top look, I would be stuck with it for about 4-8 weeks. Eye makeup, of course, is one of those things that can definitely trigger questions, maybe even to the point of outing.

On a more positive note, my wife and I help one another with several things. We would do each others' lashes - a must, as this isn't something you'd typically try by yourself. We exchange manicures and pedicures, etc. Very nice.

Lea

Chickhe
10-12-2011, 11:55 AM
It depends what tint. If you lighten them up then no one will notice. If you make them purple....

As a side note, I just colored my hair to mask the grey. I did it to match my natural color, but it has a sight golden orange tint now and I think it looks nice (female nice)....my wife has not noticed, however, she was playing with it to make a pony tail the other night and when I look in the mirror, I noticed a huge difference. I'm waiting for her to say something about the lack of grey, but I did miss a patch on the back so that may have saved me.

LeaP
10-12-2011, 12:12 PM
It depends what tint. If you lighten them up then no one will notice. If you make them purple....

Plain old black. I have dressed visions of full lovely lashes. I have drab fears of, well, full lovely lashes.

I just had a "duh" moment. That is, I'll be able to see the effect on my wife first ...

Lea

Kittyagain
10-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Plain old black. I have dressed visions of full lovely lashes. I have drab fears of, well, full lovely lashes.

I just had a "duh" moment. That is, I'll be able to see the effect on my wife first ...

Lea

I was just thinking and am probably wrong but could a person us an eye brow brush to add a slight color to the lash? They would not be any bigger but the color would be slight if using a brown.