PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

stepanie
10-12-2011, 01:31 PM
I have been reading some psychology theories and I came across one that says as crossdressers we actually hate women. I thought really????? I not unlike many of you happen to like women. Just because I like to wear skirts, panties, etc. I am considered to hate women? Really???? So what do ya'll think?

kimdl93
10-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Pure unadulterated BS. I can't imagine the source - its certainly nothing I've ever seen.

Sophie86
10-12-2011, 01:36 PM
I have been reading some psychology theories and I came across one that says as crossdressers we actually hate women. I thought really????? I not unlike many of you happen to like women. Just because I like to wear skirts, panties, etc. I am considered to hate women? Really???? So what do ya'll think?

They must have written that on Opposite Day. :confused:

JenniferR771
10-12-2011, 01:38 PM
And how do they explain how so many of us are married to women?
Crossdressers hate women? I think not.

giuseppina
10-12-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm inclined to think the theorists in question are not connected to reality.

Karren H
10-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Maybe women psychologists that come up with stupid theories!

ArleneRaquel
10-12-2011, 02:11 PM
I love woman, and actually think their gender is the superior. A nutty idea by the psychologist.

kimdl93
10-12-2011, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't presume that any legitimate psychlogist or academic came up with this one. It sounds like some sort of psuedo-scientific internet nonsense.

Vanessa Storrs
10-12-2011, 02:18 PM
It is a wonderful world we live in. Any looney can come up with a ridiculous theory and be published.

sterling12
10-12-2011, 03:00 PM
How old was this writing? If you look at Pop-Psyche Books written about us over the last fifty years plus, you will read every coca-mammie theory that says we do it for sex pleasure, we don't do it for sexual pleasure. We love women, we hate women. We are Gay....we aren't Gay but curious, we aren't gay at all. And The Theories go on and on!

Remember one important fact. Virtually all of this Crap was written by some Clown trying to gain Tenure, or enrich themselves. The One Thing they share in common, is that they are written by people who AREN'T Crossdressers, TG, nor anything else in The Trans World. That's a very poor basis to start with, and "generalized theories" never work for individuals.

Then, there are the few Texts that have been written by Trans People. These Offerigs often try to "sell" the particular Agenda of the individual writer. Most of the material is so old that Some of these people are long dead, but you can safely assume that everything written over a few years ago, is just about total BS, or not "up to date".

If you go public, spend time around T-people, talk with them, the one thing you do learn is "diversity." There really isn't a "Unified Theory of Trans." Everybody is somewhat different! But, if your out "doing," you quickly lose interest in trying to figure yourself out. You spend most of your time "being," and accepting yourself. Now.....isn't that a better scenario? Think of all that money you saved. You didn't waste it on Balderdash from Ebay.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Cynthia Anne
10-12-2011, 03:37 PM
I'd like to spit some beechnut in that dudes eye then shoot him with my fourtyfive! PURE bs! Hugs!

LeaP
10-12-2011, 03:38 PM
If you go public, spend time around T-people, talk with them, the one thing you do learn is "diversity." There really isn't a "Unified Theory of Trans." Everybody is somewhat different!
Peace and Love, Joanie

You need go no further than this forum to validate that.

Lea

Jessica Who
10-12-2011, 03:47 PM
If by hate they mean love, then yes ;)

RADER
10-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Where did that come from???
I am a CDer, and I think part of me that likes to cross dress is that I love women so
much that I want to look just like one.
So I think some of those psychologist need to go back to school, or to the wood shed. LOL
Rader

Marrianne
10-12-2011, 04:08 PM
I love my wife and she is very supportive of me and my life!!

Ann Thomas
10-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Could it be that the researchers were only interviewing gay male drag queens?

Dami
10-12-2011, 04:34 PM
I'd like to spit some beechnut in that dudes eye then shoot him with my fourtyfive! PURE bs! Hugs!

I haven't figured out how to carry my .45 when En Femme
I think I'm gonna need a bigger purse.

Sounds like that researcher has issues of their own, like maybe the researcher hates crossdressers.

Dami

Niya W
10-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Dami get a bigger purse. Look up Freud and some of his theory's . Alot it came down to mommy issues . Now I have met a few Cd's that hate women. THat left me about as confused as a gay black man CD supporting Rush .

sissystephanie
10-12-2011, 04:44 PM
I think I have to agree with everybody else who responded to this thread!! Kim just didn't say it strong enough!!

Niya W
10-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Is it just me or does any one else see a Jessica Who video coming out of this thread ?

*Vanessa*
10-12-2011, 04:49 PM
wow - truthfully I think someone with a Phd had to have done that thesis

PhD = Piled Higher and Deeper ~ A.K.A. Bull Sh*t

CynthiaD
10-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Actually, it sounds kinda like a thesis that someone wrote to get their PhD. Speaking from experience, this sort of thesis doesn't have to be correct, or even sensible. It just has to convince a committee of five or six people to sign on the dotted line.

Jorja
10-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Is it just me or does any one else see a Jessica Who video coming out of this thread ?

That was my exact thought when I saw Jessica had been here.

Stephenie S
10-12-2011, 08:42 PM
There is nothing about crossdressing that suggests that guys hate women.

Now, if you delve any deeper into this you may learn that there are a great many men who DO hate and fear women. BUT it has nothing to do with crossdressing.

S

rebecca.cross2
10-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Hate Women? I think not!

Barbara Dugan
10-12-2011, 09:44 PM
I don't love women but certainly don't hate them..I think the opposite and believe hetero cross dressers love women way too much

marny
10-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Who would choose to hate more than half of the planet?

NathalieX66
10-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Hate?
Who?
Go with your instinct...follow your inner compass, and not give a at's rass who says what.

Risque_Christine
10-12-2011, 10:00 PM
I agree with the comment that I love women so much, that as CD i want to be (or at very least look like) one. Sometime about 3 or 4 years ago, I stopped looking at women saying "Wow, hot babe" and started to think"
"How do I look, move, think or act like that person?" So absolutely, as a CD I LOVE women. I would love to have women friends as a CD (I have one, but it is a one off) That being said, it appears to be unrequiited love. I have had some, but not many, positive interactions with women as a CD I am more likely to believe that most women don't like CDs, for reasons that I don't purport to understand at this point.

Phoebe P.
10-12-2011, 11:06 PM
I love women. Girls and women have always been my best friends and confidants. I've always been one that women came to when they have trouble and want advice.

ReineD
10-12-2011, 11:12 PM
What's your source for this post?

This is my question too. Can you post a link, or tell us the book, magazine, or journal you read this in?

Niya W
10-12-2011, 11:13 PM
In 7 years of being out, going to trans conventions I've met over 300 trans folks. I can say I've only met 2 that clearly hated women. One thought all women she be like June cleaver. Stockings and full make up , the other hated men and women equally. If were not trans she hated you . Now when I first went online on AOL I did see M2F TS that thought GGs saw us a joke , sub human. But I quickly learn that lot folks on the net are not right in the head. These TS were bitter bout life in general. no make no nothing . But these girls were not in reality and get hurt emotional were to easy . But back to reality. I think you would have to look very hard to find a CD or a TS that hates women.

eluuzion
10-13-2011, 07:16 AM
This is my question too. Can you post a link, or tell us the book, magazine, or journal you read this in?

Please add me to this request list.

:love:

BRANDYJ
10-13-2011, 07:39 AM
This is about as dumb a theory as I have ever heard. Suppose I hated the color purple. Do ya think I'd dress in purple any chance I had? To have a desire to dress, look and act like someone or something youhate makesno sense at all.
I can't speak ofor all CD/TG people, but as for me, I think I have more respect, admiration, like, love,, lust, and need for women then all non-trans/ CD men have.

Claire Cook
10-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Pure BS I think, unless it refers to drag queens who might think they are parodies of women. I treasure my wife amy GG girl friends, and look forward to my girls' nights out with them

jillleanne
10-13-2011, 08:18 AM
I would like to see the article in full content. I suspect it was written years ago by a nobody with a bigger mouth than brain. As for a thesis, a thesis needs to convince the powers to be the conclusions are reasonable based on the arguments and facts presented within, true or not. That would have to be one well crafted thesis to do just that at the University I attended, or the panel needs to be replaced.

SheriM
10-13-2011, 08:23 AM
I ADORE women, their clothes, the female form, etc - at times I would like to be one.
I may be jealous, NO, I am jealous.

stepanie
10-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Sorry I haven't responded to you about this question/ statement. Thanks for all the opinions. I like you don't see how it would be possible to strongly dislike what we enjoy emulating. I heard about a child that wanted to be a female cartoon character for a halloween party and some of the parents had a cow over it. Good grief at least he didn't want to be a politician! sorry I'm having some issues with some of our elected officials. Anyway, thanks.

suchacutie
10-14-2011, 05:30 PM
So lets see:

Married to the same women for 38 years, Tina is trying to hardest to be as much woman as she can, both my sides read and study everything we can about clothes, psychology, language, mannerisms, deportment, .... and the list goes on.

sounds more like adoration to me!

or at least serious interest! maybe even obsessive positivie interest!!

tina :)

SarahLynn
10-14-2011, 10:06 PM
I haven't figured out how to carry my .45 when En Femme
I think I'm gonna need a bigger purse. .... Dami

Wear an inside the waistband holster at the small of your back, and a belt over the top to hold it there, add a larger/longer then needed blouse, sweater, or coat and be as comfortable as me.

Trouble with studies like this is the researcher sets out to prove a thesis they have already drawn the conclusion to. All their research does is convince themselve they are correct.

SarahLynn

AmandaJ
10-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Clearly that theory climbed out of the ground from Bizarro World.

ReineD
10-15-2011, 12:28 AM
Sorry I haven't responded to you about this question/ statement. Thanks for all the opinions. ...

Folks, I don't think that Stepanie read this anywhere, else she would have mentioned where. She probably just heard some random person say it.

So, I think we're all good now. :)

LilSissyStevie
10-15-2011, 02:00 AM
Not as a class, but there are a few I'm not too fond of.

marlaNYC
10-15-2011, 07:23 AM
must be from the same vein of researchers who equated 'gay' with 'child molester'. idiots.

Tasha McIntyre
10-15-2011, 05:49 PM
I have been reading some psychology theories and I came across one that says as crossdressers we actually hate women.

Stephanie has been reading several theories and come across this one which stands out. I think we all must understand that it's just a theory, most likely forwarded by a psychologist wanting to either stir the pot or create discussion. I wonder what his/her research was and if there was any validating arguments. Personally I think it is a load of excrement.

Tash :)

jillleanne
10-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Folks, I don't think that Stepanie read this anywhere, else she would have mentioned where. She probably just heard some random person say it.

So, I think we're all good now. :)

I must agree. To date, no response on the source of the 'theory'. Unless she can come up with the source, I will ignore her posts in the future.

ReineD
10-16-2011, 12:48 PM
I must agree. To date, no response on the source of the 'theory'. Unless she can come up with the source, I will ignore her posts in the future.

I hope you don't do this. :sad:

Sometimes Users are inexperienced in terms of what constitutes a credible source and what doesn't. This doesn't preclude them from having other issues on which they need feedback.

ArleneRaquel
10-16-2011, 12:56 PM
I want to live mt life as a woman, if I didn't adore woman why would I want to be one, with surgury, hormones, ect.

Cheryl T
10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
I certainly do not hate women.
In fact my wife and I were talking one night and she asked about me transitioning and I said that if I did I would be a lesbian.
I have many female friends and actually feel I get along much better with them then a lot of my male friends.

jillleanne
10-19-2011, 12:44 PM
I hope you don't do this. :sad:

Sometimes Users are inexperienced in terms of what constitutes a credible source and what doesn't. This doesn't preclude them from having other issues on which they need feedback.

Well taken Reine. I will recind my last post on this. Sometimes it takes another perspective to enlighten one in one's thinking. Thank you.

ReineD
10-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Jillieanne, ......... :hugs:

Thank you for understanding this. :)

DonnaT
10-19-2011, 01:08 PM
When I was little, I did all I could not to play with girls, and was pretty successful at it. But this didn't mean I hated them. Nor did it stop me from wanting to dress up.

Maybe whoever theorized the hate issue read too much into Silence of the Lambs?

Elle1946
10-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Sounds like BS to me. I love women.

Wendyluv
10-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Ridiculous, why would one identify with something he hates?

LilSissyStevie
10-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Jack Molay at his Crossdreamers (http://www.crossdreamers.com/2011/10/transgenderisms-outdated-psych.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+autogynephiliac+%28Crossdream ers%3A+Confessions+of+an+Autogynephiliac%29) blog recently had a post related to this thread. Just replace "Homosexual" with "Transgender" in the cartoons at the bottom.:heehee: