PDA

View Full Version : Father / Daughter Role Reversal

Anne2345
10-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Yesterday, my six year old daughter yelled for me to come into the bathroom she was occupying in our house. Given that my daughter is full of life, energy, exploration, spirit, and her magnificent self, I did not know what to expect. I just knew that I should expect something . . . .

So I arrived at the bathroom door, opened it, stepped in, and immediately saw my daughter standing over the toilet. She had a huge smile on her face, and she said "look Daddy! I'm going potty like a boy!" Although I could not help but laugh, given the innocently mischievous gleam in her eyes, and the smile plastered on her face, I did have a talk with her about proper bathroom etiquette.

The irony, however, was not lost upon me. In fact, it was staring me directly in the face - my daughter wants to go potty standing up, while I want to potty sitting down!

Talk about role reversals . . . .

And yes, this was a very light-hearted moment of childhood innocence and fascination. As a parent, I enjoyed the humor of it immensely, as well as my own thoughts of irony as they related to me. :)

Torrey
10-12-2011, 02:20 PM
LMAO! That is so cute. I remember when mine were young, cute, and precocious. Now they have been replaced with teenagers.

Cynthia Anne
10-12-2011, 03:04 PM
That is such a cute story! I can only 'magine the look on your face! Still yet I bet her aim was better than any six yearold boy! Thanks for putting a smile on my face! Hugs to you beautiful!

Longing2be-Trisha
10-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Anne that is a very cute story, I get those dramatic expressions every day from my three year old daughter too.

Hugs

Joanna41
10-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Lol...thanks for putting a smile on my face Anne. That was a cute story. Thanks for sharing.

Joanna

Tara D. Rose
10-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Yes this is a very cute story, and I'm sure one that you'll remember for years to come. Talk to her often about anything she ever askes you. Build memeries. I often think of and speak of the little darling things my little daughter did when she was so young and so preciously innocent. At the end of this month, I will walk her down the isle to be married. I hope I don't cry too much. I also remember the time when my two daughters took my son to their room and plastered his 10 year old face with make up, lip stick, the works. It was cute, it was innocnet.

CheyenneNicky
10-12-2011, 03:58 PM
That is too funny.. not because of just the irony but it happened to me when i was a little kid. for a week i was getting scolded because i was using the bathroom and not aiming. and getting in more trouble for lying cause... i was the only little boy in the house... well one day i hear..."LYNNE!, come look at this" as he laughed.... my sister was standing and using it like me. she was trying to be like her big brother. hahahaha

Kate Simmons
10-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Kids, you gotta love 'em Anne. My Grand Daughter has been a Viking Warrior since she was a year old.:battingeyelashes::)

Katie Moore
10-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks for reminding me of when my now all grown up daughters were that age. I miss that...

Kathi Lake
10-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Our daughters sound a lot alike. My daughter has never been afraid of entering belching contests with her brothers (and winning! She weighs 65 pounds. Where does she get all that resonance?! :)), has never shied away from the tough questions (Oh, how I wish for a simple, "Why is the sky blue?" question), and has a wonderful, childlike enthusiasm for life. We are blessed, aren't we?

:)

Kathi

DebbieL
10-12-2011, 05:46 PM
That's a great story Anne. I remember when my daughter tried to do that. She was actually pretty good aim, but her mom decided it would be best if she continued to sit.

Ironically, my son learned to go sitting and didn't want to go standing up until he was almost 4.

Jorja
10-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Great story Anne. Kids, you just never know what they are going to do or say next.

Debglam
10-12-2011, 08:24 PM
That's great Anne! I love being a dad! Something new everyday.

Tara D. Rose
10-12-2011, 08:57 PM
I just wanted to add a little something here. I love little children. I love their innocence. I love to hear their first words. I love for them to explain to me of how they feel about something when they are just 3 years old. I love all of the innocence of little children. I do cry sometimes when I see horrible stories of little children being harmed by the ones that are suppossed to love them. I remember so many times how I would be watching a talk show story and of a little innocent child being harmed by those that are obligated to love him or her. I remember breaking down at a terrible story one time and I weeped so uncontrollably for hours on end. And then the phone wrang from my boss and I pulled myself together. I remember being at work on third shift and I remembered the horrific stories of great harm to those innocent children, and I would go behind my machine and I would cry for them, and there have been a few times I would have to walk out to my car and just cry for the horror stories I see on tv and online almost everyday. I sometimes feel that the innocence of a child is as close to heaven as you can get here on earth. I can break down and cry so easily when I think of my childhood. I can so relate to some of the stories that we see everyday on tv. I have been out in public and see a very grown man of around 50 slap a little two year old child across the face, my wife and brothers have held me back several times from me bestowing my fury on people like that. Well enough of this, thanks for all of my sisters for reading this, tears roll down my cheeks right now as I think of the horrors I have seen and of what I grew up in. Anne, congratulations on having such a dear sweet child. Love her, love her, love her, hug her, hug her. Protect her, be her Father. Pray everyday to be the best Father you can be to her.
I will walk my daughter down the isle on the 29th of this month. It all went by so fast. She is such a lady. I think I did good.
But on a good note, my daughter is going to have a halloween themed wedding. She asked that I walk her down the isle as Captain Jack Sparrow. I finally got all my costume together. I naturally act like him anyway. It's going to be a blast. I will post my own thread and so many pics from that event.

Love and peace and especially respect to all of my sisters on here.

Tara Rose
ps: even now as my daughter is 25 and she calls me , I still hear the little girl in her voice that only a Father can hear.

docrobbysherry
10-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Hmmm, a six year old crossdresser? Naw! GGs can dress in guy's clothes all they like and no one bats an eye!

How LUCKY is your daughter and the GGs of the world?

NOT "role reversal", Anne, unfortunately! My daughter wears pants to school most days. I wear a dress out ANYWHERE just once, and I'm DONE!

rebecca.cross2
10-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Funny story. Much easier for us to sit down that it is for her to stand up and aim, so we do have a bit of an advantage when you see it as role reversal.

PretzelGirl
10-12-2011, 09:42 PM
You should have told her to make sure she puts the seat down after. :heehee:

SarahLynn
10-14-2011, 01:17 AM
.... Ironically, my son learned to go sitting and didn't want to go standing up until he was almost 4.

Had the seat fall on my wee willie when I was a young lad of two or three, and not mum or father or older brothers could make me stand at the cammode for near to two more years. For whatever reason ours didn't have the little standoffs to make it sit level and I had a hurt'n wee willie for a long time. Might be why it's so small today, dang thing is afe'rd it'll get wacked again.

Yes Tera it does hurt us inside when the little ones are mistreated. That is one reason why child abusers receive so much punishment when sent to prison. Them big bad azzs in prison don't like the abusers any more than we do. And they are free to exact punishmet that the courts and decent humans are unable to provide.

SarahLynn