PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Maria Ann
10-12-2011, 04:01 PM
I have been cross dressing for as long as I can remember, I feel more comfortable when I am dressed than not. Lately I have been seriously thinking about transitioning full time, but am still having trouble deciding if I should or not. Any advice,suggestions, or help would be greatly appreciated.

Shelly67
10-12-2011, 04:12 PM
It takes a brave soul to challenge the reality of a comfort zone .
May I dare suggest seeking proffessional help ? It is in reality , the only positive course to the answears you seek ......

Good luck , be happy .......

sissystephanie
10-12-2011, 04:16 PM
I would totally agree with Shelly!! What you are comtemplating is a very serious matter, and definitely needs the help of a trained professional!! This is not something that you should decide to do on your own!! Just be sure that the person you talk to is a trained Gender Therapist!!

Ann Thomas
10-12-2011, 04:28 PM
I wish I had the money to see a gender therapist as has been recommended above, but I don't know when that will ever be. I've had to struggle through the same thing on my own.

I felt myself as being at the same crossroads some time ago. When the opportunity came up for me to be full time (or as nearly as I can be), I chose to go full time. It has made an immense difference. That came about within the last year. A friend that I work with commented the other day on how I'd changed since he'd first met me about 2 years ago. He said I've really gained a whole lot in confidence. That's how I feel - it's affected me both in female as well as male mode. I feel much stronger and able to handle a wider variety of things than ever before. I would do it again if faced with the same choice.

Hugs,
Ann

kimdl93
10-12-2011, 04:43 PM
It takes a brave soul to challenge the reality of a comfort zone .
May I dare suggest seeking proffessional help ? It is in reality , the only positive course to the answears you seek ......

Good luck , be happy .......

its not something you do lightly or without competent professional support. I entirely agree with Shelly on this one.

Karren H
10-12-2011, 04:58 PM
its not something you do lightly or without competent professional support. I entirely agree with Shelly on this one.

I don't know. Therapst are expensive... Maybe just a flip of the coin... Head you stay male... Tails you switch teams?

joandher
10-12-2011, 05:07 PM
I don't know. Therapst are expensive... Maybe just a flip of the coin... Head you stay male... Tails you switch teams?

Karren sorry about this but you got it the wrong way round,there is no TAILS on females

Hugs

J-JAY xx

Cynthia Anne
10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Ha, ha with Karren's answer! If it were that simple! Think about it! If you have to ask if you should, perhaps you shouldn't! Hugs!

*Vanessa*
10-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Seek professional help - right ladies?

At lest that's what I've been told... over and over

Sorry <a little Barroom humour there>

No truly, you need to be talking to someone face-to-face that can help you work that stuff out. Here is good, in fact a great place to spin ideas off, to help open your doors so-to-speak. There are so many great minds here.
good luck !

NicoleScott
10-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Maybe the same advice is in order for those who post they are going to quit crossdressing: don't purge. In this case, your guy stuff.

Maria Ann
10-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Thank you everyone for the advice. I know that I need to speak with a therapist about it. Here is a little more background, I have thought about this before, just not as seriously and extensively as I have been recently. I am also thinking about what my family will react if I do transition, they were never very supportive about any of this before.

Nicole Erin
10-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Transition is more than just a bunch of surgeries, if one is lucky enough to afford all that. There is adjusting socially, becoming comfy in your own skin, etc.

Unless you get surgeries, you can always go back.

With that therapy thing, I never had any of that. And for real, what are the chances of finding a gender therapist? Small. I am in a big town and we have a post-op TS lady who is a gender therapist but of course at $90 a session and 6 sessions before she recommends HRT, I cannot afford nor would even pay $540 for someone to tell me what I already know. Not to mention the ungodly price of the endo doc. Yeah I would need it for eventual SRS but HRT can be done on one's own (but is risky) and with SRS, I don't even care cause I am almost 40, I don't expect Prince charming to come along and be crushed when I don't have a pink taco.

Me, I pass so-so, I work as a woman, live as one, present as one. People just kind of accept me, especially new acquaintances. No hrt, FFS, SRS, gender therapists, etc.

One thing my older TS sisters always told me but I had to learn for myself - once you are "transitioned" to the best of your ability, life just becomes pretty normal. Doing makeup, looking pretty, and all that is just a daily thing and is no longer fun.

For now though. maybe start voice training and learn all you can about things so if you do go this route, you can jump in with both feet. Learn about being a woman FROM women and not from other TS or CD though. TS or CD can get you thru some things but many have weird ideas about what it means to be a woman.

Maria Ann
10-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Thank you Nicole, I am already 40( about to be 41 in a few months). And that is another reason that I am seeking advice about this.