PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in My Slacks, OOPS!

Sarasometimes
10-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Yesterday I had a hair appointment at a new salon and I was wearing my side zip pants. Upon my arrival i headed to the ladies room only to find my zipper stuck. I got some assistance from the receptionist but as she stated "Ut OH! That is one stuck zipper!" I ended up spending about 2 hours there (fortunately the need wasn't too bad). I had to skip the offers of coffee and water. On my way home I stopped to change and found that there was no fixing this so I had to cut the pants near the zipper to finally release myself. A quick pitstop at a DD and homeward bound.
I must say that I think I now have a better understanding of how GG's feel when they wear a wedding gown, formal dress or just so many layers the restroom is not an easy option. I wonder too if these occurences are why GG's go in pair to the Ladies???
The other sad part is that I loved those flat front pants (good news only $20)and the fact that I fit in an 8 was a bonus. I guess I don't really fit in an 8, oh well.
Karren, I know it was the skirt and dress witch sending me a message about wearing pants. My bad.

Tina B.
10-14-2011, 08:24 AM
That is sad, I love a pair of side zip pants, but find them hard to find any more. I don't know if that's why women go to the bathroom in pairs or not, but it does teach us that they are not goofing off in there, it really does take all that extra time.
Tina B.

Cynthia Anne
10-14-2011, 09:16 AM
I know the feeling! Been in a few stuck zippers myself! Like the time I was wearing a dress that zipped from the back! I had to bust myself out! A very sad moment! Hugs!

Karren H
10-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Another advantage to wearing a skirt or dress!! Lol.

jenniferj
10-14-2011, 02:01 PM
I have jammed a few myself, but was always able to get out by sacrificing the zipper itself. A small cut just above the jam point and pull the zipper up and off the track. It will then unzip itself below.

Then I get to fire up the sewing machine and stitch in a new one.

woohoo! Chicks with powertools. :)

-jj

RADER
10-14-2011, 02:33 PM
One must learn to carry pliers and WD-40 in ones purse. So when problems arise, one
has the tools to make quick repairs. LOL
Rader

AllieSF
10-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Karren no real advantage there. I have had a few skirts with stuck zippers that have become ex-skirts for me. I was really bummed out when a really nice one got ruined that way. The "Zipper God" likes skirts, dresses as well as, slacks and your nemeses "jeans". She is an equal opportunity zipper ripper!

SarahLynn
10-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Stuck in My Slacks, OOPS! .....

Better than you being stuck in my slacks.:eek::doh::heehee::heehee::heehee:

If the zipper is stuck then most likely the slacks, pants, jeans, skirt, etc. are to small. Time to hit the stores for another pair.

Ooh and BTW always a good idea to wax the zippers before wearing the item. Saves many an embarressing moment later in the day.

SarahLynn